In your opinion - what's the WORST Pixar movie?

Jet Beetle

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
I love Pixar- they truly are the last great movie studio who constantly prove that story is more important than anything. They could easily get by (much like Dreamworks), slipping in bits and pieces of character and structure, but they don't. They hit you on an emotional level- if you don't believe me watch the beginning of UP. That said, there is one movie of theirs that I personally could not get behind - I'm sure you have one as well. Mine is Ratatouille - I've tried to like it, but much like Buffy or Firefly, i just can't see it.

So, what's yours?

The first CARS; I can't finish it. I love the concept, and the next one looks great. I love Mater's Tall Tales... I just can't get by the first act of CARS.

But I couldn't finish Ratatouille, either.

Mine are Cars and Finding Nemo.
I enjoyed them both, but they fall at the bottom of my Pixar list. (Still enjoyed them both more than most animated fare.)

I flippin' love Ratatouille, you guys are crazy!

Since I have the dream of working for Pixar one day I really can't complain about their movies.
The only thing that Pixar has made that I don't get is their short Bound'in.
I just didn't understand the story with that one.

Ratatouille is my second favorite, right behind Wall-E, which just about everybody I know hated.

My least favorite is easily Cars. I know it made lots of merch money, but I hope they figured out what they were trying to do with it when they made this new one. The original just seems ... uninspired. It feels like they were doing work, and it's the only Pixar film that seems that way to me.

Since I have the dream of working for Pixar one day I really can't complain about their movies.
The only thing that Pixar has made that I don't get is their short Bound'in.
I just didn't understand the story with that one.

That is sooo funny - Bound'in is my favorite short.

Cars is probably the only one I didn't like so far... and the big slap in the face was that they gave it a sequel. Why give your worst movie a sequel? I've yet to hear from anyone that thought it was THAT good when compared to their other movies.

Cars is the odd man out solely because the story and characters couldn't pull me in, it's an excellent premise but the delivery wasn't there, good film but not Pixar's best outing.

Cars...

Larry the Cable Guys voice grates on my last nerve. I can't even sit through a five minute stand up of his...

Ratatouille is easily Pixar's worst film IMO; I just couldn't get into the story. Of course, considering Pixar's "worst" is still superior to almost every other animation studio's "best", that's really not saying much.

I have to admit, I'm surprised by all the dislike expressed in this thread for Cars. Outside of this thread I haven't found anyone who didn't like it, including parents that have seen it (or heard it playing in another room) more times than they cared to.

Cars and Ratatouille rank low with me and it seems to be a common feeling.
But my least favorite of all;

Toy Story 3

I know I am in a huge minority here but I think its absolute trash compared to the first 2 films. The spirit that made the first film amazing is still present in the second film but I found very little to like about the third.
I see it as nothing more than trying to tell a story that doesnt need to be told and nothing less than a corruption of the magic the first two films have.

But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

My favorite is either Toy Story or A Bug's Life, followed by The Incredibles.

Ratatouille has my vote. It was enjoyable, but come on. It's about a Rat who cooks. Toy Story 2 comes in second with Cars fighting for third.

A bugs life, when I was a kid and it came out I hated it, still hate it and I've watched it quite a few times, even earlier in the year to see if I would appreciate it more, honestly, I don't even count it as a Pixar movie, I think it's that bad.

Cars is probably the only one I didn't like so far... and the big slap in the face was that they gave it a sequel. Why give your worst movie a sequel? I've yet to hear from anyone that thought it was THAT good when compared to their other movies.

Merchandising -- Cars is by far the winner there.

Doug

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back