Immortan Joe costume from Mad Max, Fury Road

Hey guys I think I figured out what his right chest thingy is. I think it's a old faucet handle with one of those mounting nuts going from front and the screw on the other side. Random spring, then some other metal backing.

Didn't we figure out it was a cocktail strainer? And a piston?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Piston yes. But those guys were using a cocktail strainer. But I think it is an old faucet handle, square nut, and a carburetor spring. Can't figure out the back piece though uploadfromtaptalk1441254514620.jpeguploadfromtaptalk1441254531551.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I don't think they would just add a spring randomly to a faucet handle and end up with something shaped exactly like a cocktail strainer. The problem is that all the available cocktail strainers (including the one on my Joe's chest) are way too big. This wasn't obvious until I had armor to put it on, but it sure is obvious now! Unless you can find a fairly tiny faucet handle, that problem remains the same. In the photos I have seen, this doohickey just doesn't look 3D enough to convince me it is cast metal rather than stamped out of sheet metal also. Your faucet handle will certainly look as good as my way too big cocktail strainer! This is when access to the costumer would be so helpful…

Installed neodymium magnets in Logan's amazing mask (thank you, Logan!) so that the jaw can be popped on and off to drink without removing the whole mask. Plan to articulate the jaw eventually but this will work for now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441296596.599816.jpg

I don't think they would just add a spring randomly to a faucet handle and end up with something shaped exactly like a cocktail strainer. The problem is that all the available cocktail strainers (including the one on my Joe's chest) are way too big. This wasn't obvious until I had armor to put it on, but it sure is obvious now! Unless you can find a fairly tiny faucet handle, that problem remains the same. In the photos I have seen, this doohickey just doesn't look 3D enough to convince me it is cast metal rather than stamped out of sheet metal also. Your faucet handle will certainly look as good as my way too big cocktail strainer! This is when access to the costumer would be so helpful…

I'm going shopping today I'll let you know. It just hit me if they used a cabinet latch why not a faucet handle ha ha. Looks like it.

Hey Ein I'm new to this site and still learning so don't know how to look you up to pm. But any chance I can get your images for the patches you made? I got my hands on a embroidery machine so I'm going to make the patches to perfection

- - - Updated - - -

Makes me want to say Neal diamond magnets ha ha

Last edited by a moderator:
uploadfromtaptalk1441311102353.jpg my project begins today. Thank you to everyone for your help. If I can do anything for anyone let me know.

Hey Trapper! (Trapper is my little brother so go easy on him hahaha). If this come out half as good as your other costumes, it will be a home run!

Welcome to the RPF bro!

Long time lurker, I've been following along your builds, these look sick. Was late getting to see the movie so didn't know till two weeks ago I wanted to do a Joe for Halloween. I tried my hand at forming PETG over the roman chest plate tonight, not so good. I got cockeyed and my abs are on a diagonal. Is it best to form from a general shape, rectangle in this case, or cut a general pattern into the sheet? Had some issues with one of the the collar/shoulder areas folding, not sure if it's a salvageable attempt. How forgiving is the PETG to rework? I went ahead and called it a night to let everything cool, so I could close up shop.
Thanks in advance for any tips my Google fu returned no useful tutorials on the subject so far.
Realize my timing maybe crap as some of you maybe in Atlanta by now.
Tell my little brother hi if you see him, I think he is going as Joel from The Last of Us, over 6'6 hard to miss em.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back