I didn't want to, but I like the new preds

The old predator fans are like this classic predator in the movie, humiliated, hands tied, they can't do sh!t but suffering,and witness the debacle,and they got killed quickly by these ridiculous new preds, the symbolic is perfect.

But you're the winners, it"ll be a sequel and the hack Rodriguez clearly hinted a new story based on his first draft (the one where preds take a piss on a human, the one with pred-bikes chases, and four armed genetically modified preds)

if you enjoyed that Predators garbage, you will certainly enjoy the sequel.

At least you're not bitter, and that's the important thing

Seriously man, you are entitled to your opinion. It is what makes the world interesting, and I respect your opinion. Just to clarify though, I have been an "old predator fan" since I saw Predator in the theater at the age of 22, over half of my life ago. It does not detract from my love of "Anytime" to embrace the new breed. Not in the least. But cheers, mate. No hard feelings
cheerskb.gif.png

Don't like the "Super" Preds. Even though you only get to see one unmasked, I didn't like the look of the face ( sorry if that offends anyone here or even the designer ). Other thing I didn't understand; might have looked at it wrong, was the blade, it seemed like it was too long to be housed in the guantlet like maybe it slide from the arm through the guantlet. Like I said I may have looked at it wrong.

I honestly haven't grown any closer to the "new breed." I just can't get behind the giant, club-footed, "super" Predator theme.

I guess one of my main problems is, that with each movie emerges a new concept that has to be bigger and badder than the original design. ****, even Paul Wet-Nipples, Ballshank Andersen said that HIS Predators were better than Winstons original. That's a loose quote, mind you. With AVP-R, they seemed to build upon the original creature. That's why I think so many Predator fans flock to the Wolf character. The movie was ****, but the Wolf was balls out; is what they say.

I think that most fans are drawn to the Berserker is because his helmet is the closest, most visually familiar helmet to that of the original. Their armor designs don't do a thing for me. They look like foam padding inserts or some ****. I don't get where the "iPod" of Predators comes in. I really don't. I guess that was just talk to try and hype up the characters. Which, it did not for me.

The only thing that I can not get over, is the inclusion of the "Classic" Predator, and his demise. Actually, let me start over.... what was the point of having him in the movie to begin with? Some elaborate "out with the old, in with the new?" Come on.

Anyhoo.... I digress, and I've gotten off-topic. Alright, here we go -

The whole "Berserker" thing was lame. That, and labeling him "Mr. Black" just chapped my ass all that much more. I get it. Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino are friends. Quit making references to each others' movies. No one ******* cares. I don't anyway. I went into the movie with the notion that they could very well be "Bad-bloods." But, why would they group together? I pictured bad-bloods as solo characters who murdered anything in their path. I guess I was mistaken.

Some members here like the idea of using dogs to flush out their prey. I think it's stupid. I think that the biggest problem here is that the character is being compared to human hunters waaaaay to closely. Using dogs and falcons as a means to hunt game just cheapens it for me. Falcon.. I don't know what the hell that was, but it wasn't in the movie long enough for me to give a **** about it.

I can't say for sure, but while I did enjoy the movie, there was a buncha **** that just didn't sit right with me. For instance, the Tracker, Flusher, what the **** ever, Predators cannon completely obliterating Nolan. Wow... really? You couldn't come up with a better death scene than a snippet from a Bugs Bunny cartoon? Take that, Elmer Fudd-Nolan!! IT'S WABBIT SEASON, YOU COCK!! Also, I must've missed the part where the Russian took the grenades and turned them into nuclear **** grenades.

I think that I speak for a handful of members here when I say that I'd have rather seen the "Classic" Predator meet up with the "Falconer" Predator. Let me say that I appreciate him more because he doesn't have five other side-names like everyone else in this movie. How ******* badass would that've been if "Classic" would've thrown down all Samurai-like with Parrot-head? THAT'S what the fans wanted. That, and to have had him win. ****, that's what I wanted anyway. ********. Actually, I'd have prefrered Hanzo to battle it out with the "Classic" Predator. Come on... That's like the accumulation of years of fan-boy wanting. A ******* Samurai show-down with the ORIGINAL Predator. How ******* hardass would that've been? ***** ******, the sheer magnitude is mind boggling. Apparently not, because they went a different way with it. A much lamer, gay-er way.

Yeah, so basically I'm not a huge fan of the new Predators. I just can't get behind them, and they really do nothing for me. Sure, it's cool if you dig them, but really I just can't get into them. I thought PREDATORS was a good movie, and I watch it from time to time. So good job there.

Now... here's where I shatter all of your dreams. I am so ******* sick of you guys posting ******** about how the Predator from "Predator 2" had his ass handed to him by a cop- a la Danny Glover. How you all make it sound like Lt. Mike Harrigan managed to over power the Predator, and kick his ass all over Los Angeles. Stop that **** right now. Mike Harrigan got ******* lucky, and took the chance by shoving the disc into the Predators chest while it was gloating. A total, and completely lucky move on his part. He in NO WAY over-powered the Predator like most of you make it out to be. So, I will say this -

THE BERSERKER IS THE ONLY PREDATOR TO DATE TO HAVE HIS ASS COMPLETELY HANDED TO HIM BY A HUMAN.

Yeah, you suck on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't like the "Super" Preds. Even though you only get to see one unmasked, I didn't like the look of the face ( sorry if that offends anyone here or even the designer ). Other thing I didn't understand; might have looked at it wrong, was the blade, it seemed like it was too long to be housed in the guantlet like maybe it slide from the arm through the guantlet. Like I said I may have looked at it wrong.

Yeah i do agree with you, i didnt think they looked as cool as the classic Pred. As for the blades, i believe they are suppose to be 'telescopic' - you can see the blades are made up of various sections and so collapse into themselves so you can store a large blade in a small gauntlet.

I like them too - but I think much of the concept art for them was more sucessful than the final product.

The final berzerker concept art I think looked a heck of a lot more 'predator' and less "generic monster". I've seen shots of the unmasked berserker side by side with the film the Relic's "Kathoga" - and their faces have an unfortunate similar "red beady eyed monster with lots of teeth" aspect to them.

hmmm.jpg

That being said - yeah I am working on a berzerker sculpture right now.. LOL So I do like it and I'm still fascinated with it.

Of course i'm taking the liberty to draw from the concept art - and not exactly what went to film. Heh. Still - gotta love the overall new design of the preds. They did a lot of creative and unique 'hunter' designs and a lot of creative choices that were a step forward in design..

Cathat

Damn Robillicus... take it easy man. You're going to blow a vessel.

Who exactly are you reffering to... "sucking on that" anyway? We are all entitled to our opinion, and don't need to be told to suck on something for it.

I honestly haven't grown any closer to the "new breed." I just can't get behind the giant, club-footed, "super" Predator theme.

I guess one of my main problems is, that with each movie emerges a new concept that has to be bigger and badder than the original design. ****, even Paul Wet-Nipples, Ballshank Andersen said that HIS Predators were better than Winstons original. That's a loose quote, mind you. With AVP-R, they seemed to build upon the original creature. That's why I think so many Predator fans flock to the Wolf character. The movie was ****, but the Wolf was balls out; is what they say.

I think that most fans are drawn to the Berserker is because his helmet is the closest, most visually familiar helmet to that of the original. Their armor designs don't do a thing for me. They look like foam padding inserts or some ****. I don't get where the "iPod" of Predators comes in. I really don't. I guess that was just talk to try and hype up the characters. Which, it did not for me.

The only thing that I can not get over, is the inclusion of the "Classic" Predator, and his demise. Actually, let me start over.... what was the point of having him in the movie to begin with? Some elaborate "out with the old, in with the new?" Come on.

Anyhoo.... I digress, and I've gotten off-topic. Alright, here we go -

The whole "Berserker" thing was lame. That, and labeling him "Mr. Black" just chapped my ass all that much more. I get it. Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino are friends. Quit making references to each others' movies. No one ******* cares. I don't anyway. I went into the movie with the notion that they could very well be "Bad-bloods." But, why would they group together? I pictured bad-bloods as solo characters who murdered anything in their path. I guess I was mistaken.

Some members here like the idea of using dogs to flush out their prey. I think it's stupid. I think that the biggest problem here is that the character is being compared to human hunters waaaaay to closely. Using dogs and falcons as a means to hunt game just cheapens it for me. Falcon.. I don't know what the hell that was, but it wasn't in the movie long enough for me to give a **** about it.

I can't say for sure, but while I did enjoy the movie, there was a buncha **** that just didn't sit right with me. For instance, the Tracker, Flusher, what the **** ever, Predators cannon completely obliterating Nolan. Wow... really? You couldn't come up with a better death scene than a snippet from a Bugs Bunny cartoon? Take that, Elmer Fudd-Nolan!! IT'S WABBIT SEASON, YOU COCK!! Also, I must've missed the part where the Russian took the grenades and turned them into nuclear **** grenades.

I think that I speak for a handful of members here when I say that I'd have rather seen the "Classic" Predator meet up with the "Falconer" Predator. Let me say that I appreciate him more because he doesn't have five other side-names like everyone else in this movie. How ******* badass would that've been if "Classic" would've thrown down all Samurai-like with Parrot-head? THAT'S what the fans wanted. That, and to have had him win. ****, that's what I wanted anyway. ********. Actually, I'd have prefrered Hanzo to battle it out with the "Classic" Predator. Come on... That's like the accumulation of years of fan-boy wanting. A ******* Samurai show-down with the ORIGINAL Predator. How ******* hardass would that've been? ***** ******, the sheer magnitude is mind boggling. Apparently not, because they went a different way with it. A much lamer, gay-er way.

Yeah, so basically I'm not a huge fan of the new Predators. I just can't get behind them, and they really do nothing for me. Sure, it's cool if you dig them, but really I just can't get into them. I thought PREDATORS was a good movie, and I watch it from time to time. So good job there.

Now... here's where I shatter all of your dreams. I am so ******* sick of you guys posting ******** about how the Predator from "Predator 2" had his ass handed to him by a cop- a la Danny Glover. How you all make it sound like Lt. Mike Harrigan managed to over power the Predator, and kick his ass all over Los Angeles. Stop that **** right now. Mike Harrigan got ******* lucky, and took the chance by shoving the disc into the Predators chest while it was gloating. A total, and completely lucky move on his part. He in NO WAY over-powered the Predator like most of you make it out to be. So, I will say this -

THE BERSERKER IS THE ONLY PREDATOR TO DATE TO HAVE HIS ASS COMPLETELY HANDED TO HIM BY A HUMAN.

Yeah, you suck on that.

Wait..... wut?

Last edited by a moderator:
As for the blades, i believe they are suppose to be 'telescopic' - you can see the blades are made up of various sections and so collapse into themselves so you can store a large blade in a small gauntlet.

I thought that, as well...

Another little tid-bit that Kevin (*(StoneHeart)*) pointed out to me about the original blades, is that they spread apart via what appears to be a spring clip. Ok, that was kind of off-topic but thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone noticed if they worked in the same manner in Predators...

As for Rob: Wowsers; don't piss this guy off ...

I honestly like the new preds...it brings something "new" to the table. I believe that a good portion would be happy if they just showed "Predator" in the theaters and that was it. No change, just show predator in the movie. I could have went without seeing the P1 in the movie, and to be honest, I don't think that the P1 should be used in a new movie again. Leave it go and leave it with Arnie in the first movie.

I was really drawn into the "Bad Blood" theme and the new hunting methods they used. It wasn't a re-badged version of Predator. Being involved in a different cultural belief, the hunting styles could very well differ.

As for the end fight scene, I thought it should have been different completely. I didn't really care for the whole "9 grenades blow up a foot or less from Berzerker" thing. No one could put up a good fight if that happened. It's like if an M80 went of a foot from me, then expecting me to beat a 14 year old kid on steroids. So if it wasn't for the 9 grenades, the fight would be completely different. Plus, the explosion messed with his bio helmet as well.

Here's how I think it should have happened....

The Berzerker predator and Royce fight, and for the most part Royce gets ripped up pretty good. Then the "traditional predator" gets free [doesn't explain why, leave that to the "illusion" which adds to the mystery]. The Berzerker sees the "traditional predator" and they begin to fight. The more traditional predator wins out due to having a more "training background". In the end, he spears the Berzerker through the chest and he drops to his knees. Then the traditional predator walks behind him and gives him a quick, clean, military style death and shoves his blades in the back of his neck. This drops the Berzerker down and kills him off. By now Royce [beaten up] had crawled over to Izabel. After defeating the Berzerker, the traditional predator walks over to Royce and Izabel, stops right in front of them....pulls up his right forearm and his blades shoot out. It pans over to Royce and Izabel and they look at the blades and then back at the predator [while they crawl back slowly]...it pans back to the predator, he looks at his blades and then at the two...and that's it. It leaves us with the mystery of what happens...and better yet, a predator wins and stays alive!

The old predator fans are like this classic predator in the movie, humiliated, hands tied, they can't do sh!t but suffering,and witness the debacle,and they got killed quickly by these ridiculous new preds, the symbolic is perfect.

But you're the winners, it"ll be a sequel and the hack Rodriguez clearly hinted a new story based on his first draft (the one where preds take a piss on a human, the one with pred-bikes chases, and four armed genetically modified preds)

if you enjoyed that Predators garbage, you will certainly enjoy the sequel.

Agreed! I just can't seem to stand with awe for this crap!

The movie line was fantastic, Again as I covered this before a "Hollywood special" to make it bigger and better.

Classics are unique.

Sorry the new breeds look like a crab faced gorilla.

If they didn't "replace" the classics with this "MR.CRABS", I would have been ok with the movie it was a good story line allot of spaces but all of the pred movies do that.

CLASSICS RULE!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back