Human Yautja

Hey guys and gals. Here is the next chapter in the instalment. Please review and give some ideas. Thank you muchly.

~Chapter 7 - Predator~

Originally we were set to land on a small planet not far from where the ship had been. Decent hunts. Creatures that looked like hairless lions and huge lizard bird creatures, but the merriment quickly slammed to a halt. A distress call was received which made the entire ship restless. One of the many planets the Yautja colonised, Amano, had gone silent only hours after the distress call. Swiftly the main hunters were called to a conference room and I was told to remain outside. The ship slowed to a halt above the planets atmosphere. Sitting outside the conference room I waited patiently. I had not been for my daily mediatisation or had trained in combat or even had my studies to teach me the Yautja culture and beliefs. Sitting silently alone I closed my eyes and began to drift to sleep. Dear lord this was boring. But I heard a noise. It was quiet. Distant and angry. A screech. Like glass grating against metal. There were no xeno’s on the ship. It had been scanned and searches many times. My head darted up and about. The distant calls of orders shaking my revere.

“To hell with this.” Clambering up the wall and breaking through the nearest vent I followed the system through, following the voice of Tsuna. I reached the conference room but stayed within the vent listening and watching silently.

The ship hovered above the planet, thrusters off and cold now. The group of warriors stood around a large pedestal, a scan of the planet emitted from it. The planet was beautiful. A lush paradise, an Eden. I remembered my teachings as I looked at the planet. It is said that this was one of the first planets created by the almighty goddess Paya. Slowly the scan shows that beneath the beautiful shell of this planet, its core is rotten. Holes, passages ad caves scatter under a 1500 mile radius according to the computer. It looks like a bite out of and apple. The scan moved closer to reveal the disease that has wrought this damage. The Xeno’s. The Hard Meats. The Serpents. Those danmable creatures had been nesting, burrowing and now they had attacked. They had destroyed the temple and according to the scans had killed many but taken the rest to the hive. That sacred place had been profaned by those beasts. This would not stand.

“NOW,” a voice bellowed, I hid myself back. Unable to see who was talking but the voice I knew. Tsuna. “We must clean out this plague. We must destroy it. The land has been defiled and the beasts are too many. We must destroy them from here.” My heart went to my throat. The sadness in his voice was evident. I could hear the call of orders from that place, that twisted creature. This place so was special to them. My gut twisted at the thought of its destruction. They promised to take me there and have me blessed within the temple. Now that hope was crushed because of those damn things. An idea sprang to my mind with the call. Without thinking I sprang from my hiding place and skidded to the floor.

“WAIT!” They all looked at me now some quite a bit angrier that others. My friends seemed the worst.

“I can hear them. Even from hear. The hive is a mess; all I can hear is her screeching orders.” They began to mumble amongst themselves. Some simply stared at me. My change had left some uneasy about me.

“Is there no way to blow it up from inside the hive? I could sneak in. I move like them, smell like them and I can talk like them.” I sad sigh came from Tsuna as he wandered to me and patted my head.

“My dear they will now you are not of their hive. They would attack you more than us should we go down there. You give off the scent of a matriarch. And the only reason matriarch would go to another queen hive is to take it from her.” He gave a weak smile and squeezed my hand.

“Then I’ll lure them away. Set a bomb and destroy them.” I was frantic now. I was not willing to let this sacred place go to hell. There were families down there. Perhaps some where alive and unharmed.

“There is no guarantee a bomb would work my dear.” He sounded so defeated.

“It might.” Chirped Det’kan. We looked to him as he zoomed in on the hive. One of the areas was extremely close to the bottom of the plate, verging on breaking it and letting the molten lava pour in. Of course! That was it.

“Blow it hear and it burns them out and does minimal damage to the planets surface. Only problem is that it is the lowest chamber and no doubt the queens. It won’t be easy to get there, but hell we could try.” Det’kan proclaimed proudly. They talking began again. I hoped that perhaps they would consider this plan.

“You’re in trouble later missy.” Rhi’ko declared quite happily. Humour evident in his voice. The elders talked amongst themselves for what seemed like and age. Until they faced us again. Jira’tr began to speak.

“It is decided. A small group will be sent out to set a bomb in the queens’ chamber. Save as many survivors as you can and destroy as many serpents as you can. Now I ask who will take this mission?”

Tsuna, Tseka, Rhi’ko, Det’kai and Det’kan instantly volunteered, as did I. There seemed to be a mild controversy about this.

“It is dangerous my child. They will come for you before any other.” Jira’tr explained softly.

I nodded my head. I understood the risks. But I was supposed to go on a hunt with these guys and what a hell of a hunt this was gonna be.

Swiftly, we moved out. Gathering their weapons and suiting up we met quickly at the docking hanger. The drop ship was quickly being re-fuelled and its weapons reloaded. A large hand patted me on the shoulder. Tsuna stood before me in armour I had never seen before. It was half destroyed and looked amazing. He looked like some kind of warrior god. The rest turned up in their battle armour. The signs of many battles upon them.

“These are for you my child, may they protect you.” his voice was strong, the voice of a leader and also a father. Gently he handed me the rest of my armour; pieces for my legs and arms. A set of wrist blades, wickedly curved, looking more like claws than blades, and a large spear made from what looked like platinum and some kind of black metal. Finally he handed me my mask. It was stunning. The basic face structure with a blue flame like design under the left eye, the crown of it had been made to look like the head of a xeno queen. Tears brimmed in my eyes but there was no time for them. Swiftly I pulled myself together and the mask was on. Climbing into the ship we began our short journey to the planet. The closer we got the louder the screeching became, but words were eligible from the noise. Words like harvest, destroy, kill. My claws twitched and I growled low in my throat.

“So, whats the plan?” Det’kai asked as he fixed a set of swords to his arms, a strange spring mechanism bringing them forward and them flipping them back to rest across his forearms.

“We split up. X’amd will enter the hive through the temple and we will enter the hive through the forest. As much as I don’t like leaving her alone it is the best way to complete this mission. We will remain in radio contact at all times and should anything go wrong you get out immediately.” Tsuna instructed. I understood early on I was the bait, but I seemed to be the only one on this ship who didn’t have a problem with it. Before anything else could be said the drop ship slowed to a stop in the air and the hanger door opened to reveal the top of the temple. My drop off point. Standing I gave them a strong nod before taking a running jump out of the ship and landing gracefully at the top. Looking up I waved them as they went away, deep into the jungle. Looking about there was no signs of xeno’s but the stink of them was here. Running down the temple to the entrance the smell and noise got stronger.

“X’amd can you hear me?” Tsuna’s voice asked from inside the mask.

“Loud and clear. I’m entering the temple now. Gonna have to keep quiet.” I snuck in. My feet bare, but my clawed feet tapped the stone. Moving deeper as quick and quietly as I could it dawned on me that the queen had given no orders in a while. It was frighteningly quiet.

“Guys have you had any activity?” I whispered softly.

“I’ve had nothing and according to my scans I am nearly at the eggs. There is something very wrong here.” But before Tsuna could respond, before I could take a breath a horrific roar echoed through the hive. It said one word.

Intruders.

The whole hive came alive with roars and hisses. The walls shook with the activity. They knew we were here. Visions of the others being outnumbered flashed though my mind, I listened to the orders carefully, she was sending out her matriarchs to deal with the predators. I could not let this happen. In a single breath I sealed my fate.

I horrific roaring screech tore from my throat. It was a challenge. The hive quickly went still again.

“X’amd what are you doing. Be silent, we can deal with them. She will send her strongest to harm you. She will…” I silenced his voice by shutting off the communicator. My attention focused on her reply. The hive seemed to thrum with one message.

Protect the queen.

Charging up the tunnel in front of me came no less than three matriarchs. Her daughters waiting to take the throne should she die of natural causes. They sure as hell were not going to let an outsider take it from them.

Without thought I charged at them, my blades drawn and my claws extended. Leaping straight into the closest face, tearing away at it swiftly and furiously. Within moments the front half of her head was gone and her body slumped to the ground. Jumping off, I sized up the other two. They were far more cautious and calculating. Prowling around me. I couldn’t face them both at once. My tail whipped back and forth, our hisses and growls pouring from our teeth. They charged me at the same time and though I avoided the attack from the front, the one behind me managed to tear up most of my back with a slash of her claws. The pain was disorientating but fresh. Like a drug I wanted to fight more, I NEDDED to fight more. Twisting my body I grabbed her underside and smashed my fist against her ribs again and again. Alternating between clawing and punching her ribcage began to cave in. Her arms swung for me again and again but my tail delt with them, cutting them with its razor sharp edge. My hand sunk into her chest the moment she grabbed my tail. And as she tore me off of her, I tore her sickening heart from her chest. And she collapsed. Only one left.

‘Die little thing’ she hissed. But with a grin I gave her a quick shake of the head before dropping the heart and preparing to attack. She circled each other assessing one another. She was smaller than the others, not long a matriarch. But this meant she was less clumsy, and far quicker than the other two. Eventually we stopped circling one another and faced off. The dead eyes of my mask stared at her, while her eyeless face stared back in a challenge. We charged. She was quick. Spinning her tail smashed into my side and slammed me into the wall. I was quick to pull myself up but my face was slammed into the wall and then into the ground. Again and again she lifted me into the air only to slam me down face first into the unforgiving ground. I could feel my mask denting and hear its creaking and groaning against the abuse. As she lifted me against my tail shot through her elbow tearing the flesh and moving with such force her elbow bent the wrong way. I dropped to the ground, attempting to regain my bearings, her shrieking in the background told me that she was disabled for now. Pushing myself to my feet I tore of my mask. Blood poured from my lips and my left cheek was undoubtedly broken.

“I’M GONNA TEAR YOU TO ******* PIECES!” Was the last rational thought and words that would come from me for sometime. Charging, I leapt upon her back. First point of attack was her unharmed arm. Withdrawing my new blades and unsheathing my claws, in one slice the arm was gone. Her screams became louder. Taking my spear and opening it I slammed it through the back of her head piece and followed through until I hit the ground. Anchoring her there using my spear I turned about and saw my final target, her tail. Using my own I was able to restrain it. Her legs flailed in a desperate attempt to get up. Claws and blades again delt with that. Her legs spammed a few feet away from her now. My claws dug deep into her tail, her screams at a fevered pitch now. Let them hear her die, let the queen know what is coming for her. Wrapping her tail about my arms I became to pull towards her head, my own weigh holding her lower body to the ground. Slowly, section by section the spine began to pull away from her back. The tail bit into my arms, cutting deeply. Pain was no longer registered in my rage filled mind. Sickening popping noises accompanied each segment torn from her body. With a final burst of anger and strength, I twisted my body and whipped what was left of her spine out of her all the way to the neck.

She went very still. Her final breath rasped from her as though her soul came out with it. Dropping the remains of her tail I withdrew my spear from her head and sheathed it again. Turning on my scanner I saw that the others had reached the central chamber. Growling low in my throat I gave the body a kick before picking up my broken mask. Attaching it to my hip I looked down into the hive, I was weak and tired, by body ached and my head throbbed. I needed to get my friend and get the hell out. Taking a deep breath, the taste of my own blood on my tongue, I called out to the queen with one message. One warning.

I am coming for you.

Damn, First time I've had time to read all the way through. This is really good. I'll be following you/this story as it continues.

I removed Kains and Raziels since they are to iconic. Any suggestions?[/quote]
I know it was an easy looking one to duplicate & was easily mistaken for the #3, but what about Melchiah's symbol? If that's not cool, I'd suggest Rahab's myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread. What a great read. I really like your ideas and your writing style. The only citique I could come up with is maybe a little more detail? Use a little more imagery? Maybe describe the ship, the way the temple looked or even how the ruins of the temple started turning more xeno like the closer and closer you got to the hive. I see that you havent updated this in a while and I cant wait to read more...I hope you have a few more chapters coming. Also how's the costume coming along? Hopefully you have something for us to see for this Halloween.

Hello lovelys. Sorry I have been gone for a while. Looking fro a job since finishing uni has been a bitch and has left me very little time to do much else. However I will finish this damn story. I intend to re-write the whole thing once its finished. Put more details in, change up a few characters and such. Nit picking mainly. A few chapters left in it i'd say. Maybe three or four. Again, sorry for taking so damn long to post. Curse you life, curse you.

Welcome back Missy, we missed seeing you around here. Cant wait for anymore write ups you have. Your very talented with your stories

I know this is a sightly older thread but i must say...i'm loving the story! Hope you add to it soon...and I'd very much like to see your costume if you have it started :mad:

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back