HOW TO MAKE ASM 2 lenses.

Jeck13500

Sr Member
Hi everyone,
I make this tutorial for someone who was interest by make the lenses himself !
first off, the necessary material is :

the frame : ( I take mine on shapeways ( thank to kelandrum )
Tasm2 Lenses by Lightman on Shapeways

Perforated sheet metal :
aluminium-perfore.jpg

Universal screen protector
fashion_clear_lcd_screen_protector_for_ipad_mini_1__1.jpg

tool key ( to make the curve of the metal )

Black and white bomb paint

Neoprene glue

1 ) The metal lenses
draw the lenses on the metal and cut it with a simple scissor.
IMG_3167.jpg

take you tool key, put the metal on the frame and support the metal on the frame and apply the shape to metal ( be careful during this step ! )
IMG_3139.jpg
After that, paint the metal in white !

2 ) The Frame

IMG_3165.jpg
If you use a faceshel, put it in boiling water or use a hair dryer !
Paint the frame in black IMG_3169.jpg.

3 ) The reflective effect.
Take your screen guard and cut to the dimension of metal, and apply on the protection to the metal.

4 ) Glued the melal lenses to the frame ( i have used neoprene glue ) and use clips to keep glued and wait to totally dry
IMG_3196.jpg IMG_3198.jpg

It's over for your new lenses ! Its not really easy to make my lenses, but believe me the result look very cool !
Some pics !
IMG_3189.JPG
IMG_3156.jpg

If you have any question, let me free to know! Good luck, may the force be with you!

7fINLshl.jpg
Here is a pic of tjack combo faceshell, the lense look mufh different to every lense when we bend it to glue to faceshell

- - - Updated - - -

90m80Sgl.jpg
This lense ussing magnet but when it put on the faceshell, look way more different than other normal lense using magnet
And sorry my english is not good much
Lol

I just have my ASM spidey suit, and the lenses is glued on it !
So I just have my faceshell for show you !

View attachment 331558
Here is a pic of tjack combo faceshell, the lense look mufh different to every lense when we bend it to glue to faceshell

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 331559
This lense ussing magnet but when it put on the faceshell, look way more different than other normal lense using magnet
And sorry my english is not good much
Lol

the good thing with metal is that it has a good resistance, you can shape it, it will not bend

Lovely Tutorial, I wish I was making a TASM suit, but at the moment It is quite a ways down the list!

You can use my Tuto for ASM Lenses ! You take the frame on shapeway, and take a gold paint for the metal. Moreover, you didn't have too curve the metal, it's more easy

You can use my Tuto for ASM Lenses ! You take the frame on shapeway, and take a gold paint for the metal. Moreover, you didn't have too curve the metal, it's more easy

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about(what metal? I DIDN'T CURVE ANY METAL!), oh right, calm breathing Damaniac, calm breathing...

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about(what metal? I DIDN'T CURVE ANY METAL!), oh right, calm breathing Damaniac, calm breathing...
Ahah ! Sorry, I'm French my English is very sick !
For the lenses, in my tuto I have used a sheet metal, like I say, you take the metal for your ASM spidey 1 lenses ( you have mentioned " I was making ASM suit " ) if you want to make your proper lenses, you can use my Tuto ( with gold paint for the sheet metal ( lenses ) ;p

Ahah ! Sorry, I'm French my English is very sick !
For the lenses, in my tuto I have used a sheet metal, like I say, you take the metal for your ASM spidey 1 lenses ( you have mentioned " I was making ASM suit " ) if you want to make your proper lenses, you can use my Tuto ( with gold paint for the sheet metal ( lenses ) ;p

Ah, I see now, sorry for the confusion, but I wasn't actually making the suit at the moment, I still have an Iron Man suit to complete, then some Skyrim Armour, and then we'll see if the TASM suit will come next, but who really knows?

Ah, I see now, sorry for the confusion, but I wasn't actually making the suit at the moment, I still have an Iron Man suit to complete, then some Skyrim Armour, and then we'll see if the TASM suit will come next, but who really knows?

Ok ! I hope my tuto could be help in good time ;)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back