HOW TO MAKE ASM 2 lenses.

If you glue the lenses directly on the mask without faceshell, should you bend them or just let them be straight?
If you glue directly the lenses on the mask, you just have to bend the lenses and glue your lenses after have give it to him the good shape

Hi everyone,
I make this tutorial for someone who was interest by make the lenses himself !
first off, the necessary material is :

Hey man just wondering when you go to shape the metal couldn't you wait to the end and curve them a little more to really have that done effect? Great tutorial! You should make one on how to actually make the frames that would be awesome!

Aaron.

Hi everyone,
I make this tutorial for someone who was interest by make the lenses himself !
first off, the necessary material is :

Hey man just wondering when you go to shape the metal couldn't you wait to the end and curve them a little more to really have that done effect? Great tutorial! You should make one on how to actually make the frames that would be awesome!

Aaron.
Hi man ! Thank you, and for the metal curve, I have curved a lot of piece of metal, and a lot was go to the junk ... It's very difficult to work the metal ! After a lot of test, curve more it's too hard but you can curve more ! ( after 10 failed, this final test is good ahah ! )
For the frame, I try to use urethane frame, but the result is very ugly xD

for complete my answer, when your lenses are totally finish ( frame and lenses ) you can curved the frame by the metal ( the metal give a good shape on the lenses )

Thanks man! That helps a lot but how did u make them out of euthrane I am very new to all of this so sorry for all the questions because nobody else is really answering. I just need to know what to make you mold out of and how to do it. Thanks!

Aaron.

Thanks man! That helps a lot but how did u make them out of euthrane I am very new to all of this so sorry for all the questions because nobody else is really answering. I just need to know what to make you mold out of and how to do it. Thanks!

Aaron.
Sorry dude, I'm very void in English, I didn't understand your question

Sorry my bad I was wondering how you made the lenses out of euthrane?

Aaron.

Oh, the lenses is not in urethane, I have use sheet metal + screen protector for my lenses !
and I have try to make my frame with a urethane, but it look very bad, I used finally a Frame by shapeway, I put the link on my tuto ;)
to see the urethane look my thread. ( I have made a urethane spider, I try to use the same urethane for the frame )
http://www.therpf.com/f78/my-asm-2-lenses-urethane-spider-214568/

Thanks man I hope to make my own faceshell and lenses one day so I am trying to check as much as I can out. Thanks a lot!

Aaron.

I think he said this in bis first post... "If u are using a faceshell, use boiling water or hair dryer"... Maybe he's not using one and he prefer only give this bubble shape to the glass part of the lenses without shaping the frame to a faceshell... My english is bad too... Im french
View attachment 331558
Here is a pic of tjack combo faceshell, the lense look mufh different to every lense when we bend it to glue to faceshell

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 331559
This lense ussing magnet but when it put on the faceshell, look way more different than other normal lense using magnet
And sorry my english is not good much
Lol

Last edited:
Jeck, first of all Nice thread.. ill translate. Est-ce bien difficile de mettre le screen protector par dessus ton grillage? Où t'es tu procurer ce métal, et finalement est-ce qu'on voit tes yeux au travers? Ou ca cache complètement?

Is it hard to apply the screen protector over the metal stuff? Where did u get the metal stuff? And can we see ur eyes through it?

P.s. je pense que bcp d'rpfer confondent le principe du frame et de la lentille.

20140224_180211_zpsuggi0io8.jpg
I mean the curve of the frame is shape to the faceshell and it doesnt have much thickness
The other lense havr much more thickness

Jeck, first of all Nice thread.. ill translate. Est-ce bien difficile de mettre le screen protector par dessus ton grillage? Où t'es tu procurer ce métal, et finalement est-ce qu'on voit tes yeux au travers? Ou ca cache complètement?

Is it hard to apply the screen protector over the metal stuff? Where did u get the metal stuff? And can we see ur eyes through it?

P.s. je pense que bcp d'rpfer confondent le principe du frame et de la lentille.
Thank you man !
It's not really easy to place the screen guard perfectly !
I have The sheet metal from Leroy Merlin ! And the visibility are perfect! Look the pics ;)

C'est pas réellement facile de placer la protection, il faut aller délicatement pour bien le position contre le métal!
Tu pourra trouver la feuille de tôle perforée a Leroy Merlin pour 15 euros ! Pour la visibilité, regarde la photo c'est parfait !

Thank you for your comments !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    857.2 KB · Views: 138
Great tutorial jeck, thanks! I also am using the shapeways lenses but I am having trouble with magnets. The edges are so thin and the lens itself is so thin that it is difficult to put on magnets... I will play with it some more. Also I am trying to make them magnetic so I am curving it first with a blow dryer (no heat gun :(). This is taking longer than I expected... I think I may have to end up using the curved water bottle like you showd in a different tutorial.

Great tutorial jeck, thanks! I also am using the shapeways lenses but I am having trouble with magnets. The edges are so thin and the lens itself is so thin that it is difficult to put on magnets... I will play with it some more. Also I am trying to make them magnetic so I am curving it first with a blow dryer (no heat gun :(). This is taking longer than I expected... I think I may have to end up using the curved water bottle like you showd in a different tutorial.

Hi dude ! First off, thank you!
For shapeways frame I advice plastic bottle ! It's really better, the sheet metal look good with Tjack frame because the frame is bigger!
I didn't use again the metal, too hard to work with them !
Thats why I have made a new tuto !
If you have any question I'm here !

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back