While that dries I moved on to modify the Denix. My dremel broke in the middle of it so I had to do most of the sanding by hand. Because of that distraction I forgot to take progress pics on the denix body itself being modified..
EBB95E70-6696-4F7E-B11A-1E4318C776BE.jpeg
9E1821BA-2C73-487D-A7F5-1FFFDAC4F380.jpeg
236A5935-49A3-4A88-B641-3FA5AABE059C.jpeg
0BFAC35F-E88B-401F-B4F1-5369B6D33E9E.jpeg
2DF61690-E6AF-41AD-B7D8-68A27FDB79BF.jpeg
300152EA-7174-4FFB-A557-C99D074F4A00.jpeg
F1640E65-43ED-42E8-9261-1252D35BB17F.jpeg

mgoob did u do that for the added weight?
I used lead fishing weights. I don’t recall the weight of each but rather I bought them based on their size.

I have used steel shot in the feet of a dinosaur to keep it weighted down.

They weigh more than steel and this worked in this small space. I had more room in the dino so the larger steel shot balls were sufficient.

Wow, I had no idea how much of that was 3D printed until I went back through the thread. That is an amazing finish!

Just spotted the little milling machine, too. What is it if I may ask?

Ah. I see. I was tempted because I tried to “mill” the extraction port with my drill press. It was a disaster. Lol.
What kind of drill press do u have? Thinking of getting one of these but I got u one worse. I tried to ”mill” in details with a drill :oops:

Hence the upgrade to the mini mill. Lol. talk about a disaster!

Oh, man! My drill press is a hand me down Chicago electric from my father in law.

I do have access to end mills from my (just turned 18 years old) son who is learning metal fab.

However, without a vise that can be shifted on an axis (like a milling machine), the work wandered around. And I never got the height right. Made a mess!

Drill presses are great and I like them a lot for making straight holes but not really meant for lateral work. And I would run the risk of bending the spindle, too.

McKeePhoto ya not sure if I can get what I need out of a drill press but I’m tempted to try as they are more affordable than larger milling machines. I truly hate outsourcing anything im building honestly. I find my attention to detail and my subtle but present ADD keeps me up at nights if I can’t control what ever it is I’m doing. This is the basic reason I created all my own parts..

Right now the only thing I have to outsource is the milling on my ROTJ Endor blaster as the mini mill just isn’t big enough to get the job done. I can mill everything else though which is nice. But for the Endor I generally drive the guy who does it for me crazy as I stand over his shoulder the whole time directing traffic.. If I didn’t though it would be a mess. If anyone knows a good mill for under a grand I’m all ears!

The Hammer mod looks great. What did you do here?

Thanks! It’s not a modification though but new designs I just finished up. I actually started them over a year ago but shelved the project for a while. But each are 1:1 to the real thing and definitely improves the overall look for sure. Here is a Endor and Dagobah blaster I’m presently working on. Naked so you can see the details..
6CC257BA-CBF0-44C6-BDBD-A527D206D297.jpeg
4CEC0492-38A6-4227-B83B-72E9CBAE8922.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back