Horizon ED-209 Model (FINISHED! NEW PICS)

Whoo,
This is great.. I recently bought this kit of ebay for a normale price.
THEN I found out about the hottoys one :cry
Did not starting building it because of that.
Now I want to start right away.

Great work. Please keep this updated :thumbsup :thumbsup

Is there any way to get some of your resin cast parts?

Greetings from the Netherlands,

BasD

Wow - this is even better than the Horizon one. I always wanted one, but I had to settle for the Kenner one lol - the poor mans ED-209.

I have no plans to offer any of the resin parts i made. Its too much work and wouldnt be worth my while.

I have assembled the head now and its turned out very nice, with no gaps between the back section and front section of the head.
Before i glued the two parts of the head together, i reinforced the front section with resin, then after i glued the back on, i reinforced the back with resin letting the resin run over the join between the two head sections so the whole head became one piece.

You can see the resin inside the head in this picture:
1_13.jpg

I've just finished the final improvements to the model. I added the two missing rivet/bolt holes to the bottom of the front of the chin, drilled all the holes for the wires, fitted them and then removed them again before i painted the model in primer.
The most noticeable improvement is the centre strut at each side of the mouth. Before the struts run all the way to the front, as you can see in the picture below, but they should end where the red line is:
7_6_2.jpg

I have now cut the struts back to where they should end and reshaped them. The next pictures i will post will be the finished model in around two weeks from now.

Keith.

Ed is almost finished now. I've put the model together today for the first time after painting it, as it just clips together without any glueing and it looks awesome :D

Keith.

Keith, im speechless, that is amazing work and it looks ooo much better, id love to have a go at what you have done, the hottoys is nice, then again, i just dont so things the easy way i guess lol

Here are pics of the finished model:

1_14.jpg

2_6.jpg

Here you can see a few improvements like the missing bolts/rivets added to the bottom of the chin, the centre strut at each side of the mouth has been cut back a bit, metal bolt added just infront of the arm socket as well as the scratch made white wire plug near the gun and wires. Also, i removed the two rivet heads from the front of the gun pods above the guns, as there should only be rivet heads below the guns:
3_6.jpg

5_5.jpg

9_4.jpg

7_7.jpg

12_4.jpg

13_3.jpg

14_3.jpg

18_1.jpg

21_1.jpg

23.jpg

17_1.jpg

15_1.jpg

To show the size of this huge model, here it is next to a can of coke:
28.jpg

I'm really happy with how it turned out, especially the grey colour. The model is under some bright lights for the pics, but in day light it looks a bit darker and more blue.
The decals were drwn by Talisen (Ken Rice) Thanks for those Ken :thumbsup
I'm having a professionally made glass dispaly case custom made for it at the moment and that will be ready in a few days.

Thanks wackychimp for hosting,

Keith.

Now THAT is ED-209. :eek :thumbsup

Would it be possible to get a tutorial of the colors used on this awesome looking kit, please? I would really appreciate that, if possible. :)

Yes, i keep a little note with the colour numbers inside ED-209's head.
The grey (i'm in the UK, so thats how we spell grey here) is made from:

Humbrol Enamel Satin light aircraft grey 166
Revel Enamel Satin grey SM371
Humbrol Enamel Gloss Mediterranean blue 48
Humbrol Enamel Satin black 85
Humbrol Enamel Satin white 130

Keith.

Keith that is one amazing build up, he looks wonderful, its a bloody shame your in the north and im in the midlands as id love to see this in the flesh sometime, maybe at a show? Gabberflasted mateypoos. :thumbsup

Holy mackerel, Keith. That's breathtaking.

Brilliant job, man -- inside and out. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Very well done...
Looks like the real deal to me.
Great attention to details.
:thumbsup :thumbsup

Greetings from the Netherlands,

BasD

now were did I leave my ED-209 kit...

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back