Hogwarts in my Home - Gryffindor Common Room in progress

I love your progress. Inspiring how much thought you've put in both the overall setting as well as the details! (and all that much more given a non-unlimited budget) My personal favorite sort of replicas where skill/vision is used more than money. Can't wait to see the next updates!

Ok here's a big moment. In honour of James Potter starting at Hogwarts this week, I would like to unveil.... the common room couch! (Or in this case, the common room love seat, not currently in the common room) ;)
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
image.jpg

Found a better photo from the set at Leavesden. As you can see, I've got a similar gold bordered cushion, but I'm still looking for a clearer shot of this elephant design so I can try to add it. And I forgot to mention that when our little sofa goes into place, I may also build up the height of the arms with extra cushioning under the slipcover to be a better match for shape. As long as it's still practical for my kids to actually use. :)

Last edited:
Remember the spider box we were talking about a few pages back? Well I found a video of Rupert in the common room where it's propped up in the background. The way it looks here, I'm wondering if it isn't a tarantula type at all and is one of the whip spiders like Moody tortures? It would make sense I think! Probably should change the image I used.

https://youtu.be/i4mP7qXHBu0

Nah, speaking as someone who has a real one to hand, the spider in the background of that video is far to beefy to be a whip scorpion and there's nowhere near enough room to fit the front legs in. Your original image looks like a much better match.

Enjoying watching your progress on the room, looks great :)

Yeah, that's the kind I was thinking of, but thought it could be one a little stockier and with those big legs folded in. However, I think you guys win. Unless a definitively clear picture turns up, I will leave it as a tarantula. :)

Hi Grimstich,
I have been away for a bit and for some reason I don't get updates on my subscribed threads so I dropped in to check on your progress. Looks like you are doing a great job and I love the space that you are creating. It really is magical :love

Found - Harry Potter's steamer trunk!

Long time no update I know, but hey you guys, look what I found! It's not strictly belonging in the common room, but it somehow just found me. Someone was selling it and I picked it up for 17 dollars. Terrible condition, but I'm fixing it up. HAD TO GET IT.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 232
Last edited:
:D I don't know how I keep getting so lucky with these things - only had to drive twenty minutes from my house, and aside from condition, it looks like it's an extremely close match to that screen used one. So far haven't been able to find a clear shot of the top with the crest though (on that actual prop anyway) can anyone point me in the right direction?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back