darthwhitey

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Looking for a good replica of the Indiana Jones pistol!

Why aren't these available? I know that Sarendab(?) did a run back in the day but it doesn't seem he can ship these to the USA anymore?

There seems to be two options...

Smith & Wesson M1917 with the modified shorter barrel

Smith & Wesson Mk 2 "Hand Ejector"

Which one is favored? Who makes the best one? Not looking for a budget gun, but something that looks line an original as close as possible for display only.

thanks!

Tanaka makes an airsoft version(s). I believe they have a few options for materials - both plastic and metal. Todds did a few runs, but they're hard to find.

Tanaka makes an airsoft version(s). I believe they have a few options for materials - both plastic and metal. Todds did a few runs, but they're hard to find.
I think Tanaka might have discontinued theirs because they kept getting seized by US customs due to the Smith & Wesson logo.

I've been looking for their normal M1917 without the shortened barrel for another cosplay, and all I can find is their 1910 model, and for almost the price of a REAL revolver.

I think Tanaka might have discontinued theirs because they kept getting seized by US customs due to the Smith & Wesson logo.

I've been looking for their normal M1917 without the shortened barrel for another cosplay, and all I can find is their 1910 model, and for almost the price of a REAL revolver.
Ahh that's a shame

The Tanaka m1917 handejector heavyweight is spot on. I have a real one and with just a small amount of weathering, the Tanaka is a dead ringer.

Ahh that's a shame
It's been a year or so since I ordered one from Den Trinity but they put a black putty (peels off) over the logo and the usual orange barrel tip paint or plug, either easily dealt with, but yes, seizure is a risk.

Den Trinity

I sent them a message a couple weeks ago and never heard back. They seem to have an odd ordering system. You send them a message for what you want and they send you back an invoice?

It looks like they have THREE Indy guns?

Attachments

• indy1.png
    indy1.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 262
  • indy2.png
    indy2.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 253
  • indy3.png
    indy3.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 263
Yes, that's the drill. I have gotten maybe 10 things from them over many years and never had a problem. Don't recall it took them So long to respond.

The Tanaka m1917 handejector heavyweight is spot on. I have a real one and with just a small amount of weathering, the Tanaka is a dead ringer.

I found two. Is there a difference between the two as far as accuracy? I think the finish looks better on the Steel finish one. Is the accuracy the same?

Thanks

I found two. Is there a difference between the two as far as accuracy? I think the finish looks better on the Steel finish one. Is the accuracy the same?

Thanks
Accuracy is the same, I believe the only difference is the finish. I believe the steel finish one is the more accurate of the two. I have the matte finish one, which came out before the steel one did. It's definitely a nice, solid gun. No slipping in the revolver mechanism or jiggly loose parts and I've seen in some airsoft revolvers.

I wanted the ones he packed in front of Marcus before he went to the desert. They looked like the 5" barrel to me. I also got the Browning high power automatic and the shorter barrel S&W in the Jupiter finish, which weathers beautifully.

The matte finish will take on a satin sheen when weathered with the nylon stocking (after highlighting with very fine sandpaper and/or fine steel wool or Scotchbrite). Easy does it....less is more.

The matte finish will take on a satin sheen when weathered with the nylon stocking (after highlighting with very fine sandpaper and/or fine steel wool or Scotchbrite). Easy does it....less is more.
I have not tried this, I'll have to give it a go.

Thanks guys...great info...is the gun from my "Indy3" picture the best to get? I believe it's metal. Is that the one you are discussing?

I wanted the ones he packed in front of Marcus before he went to the desert. They looked like the 5" barrel to me. I also got the Browning high power automatic and the shorter barrel S&W in the Jupiter finish, which weathers beautifully.
I've been considering picking up the HP from Denix, but it's not as iconic as Indy's revolver so I've been holding off.

I found a very nice all metal HP airsoft on ebay a few years back. This is the model I got:

It's currently out of stock in the link above but I'm sure there has to be somewhere it's available. I have the Smith and Wesson Airsoft too, but I figured it would be fun to have the hi-power to round out my Raiders collection. I think it gets enough screentime to warrant owning. Though the version I have does have a different rear sight and the brown grips instead of black, it's a really nice representation and I got mine at a great price.

If you get the chance to pick one up, I'd highly recommend it.

Edit: Just doing a quick search and I found this. WE-B001 Hi-Power-BK (BROWNING ROC marking)

Evike also carries a silver version with a black grip.

I found a very nice all metal HP airsoft on ebay a few years back. This is the model I got:

It's currently out of stock in the link above but I'm sure there has to be somewhere it's available. I have the Smith and Wesson Airsoft too, but I figured it would be fun to have the hi-power to round out my Raiders collection. I think it gets enough screentime to warrant owning. Though the version I have does have a different rear sight and the brown grips instead of black, it's a really nice representation and I got mine at a great price.

If you get the chance to pick one up, I'd highly recommend it.

Edit: Just doing a quick search and I found this. WE-B001 Hi-Power-BK (BROWNING ROC marking)

Evike also carries a silver version with a black grip.
I think I have this same Browning, it’s a nice little gun.

I think I have this same Browning, it’s a nice little gun.
It really is! Collecting firearms replicas from the Indiana Jones films has been a fun experience. My aim was to own at least one of each of the main sidearms Indy himself carries, even if it wasn't the exact model Indy had, but a variant of it. I hope one day we'll get an Army Model of the Webley .455 in either an airsoft, pellet gun, or PFC. The MkVI is nice, but I love the eagle head grip and longer frame of the Army Model.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back