darthwhitey

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Looking for a good replica of the Indiana Jones pistol!

Why aren't these available? I know that Sarendab(?) did a run back in the day but it doesn't seem he can ship these to the USA anymore?

There seems to be two options...

Smith & Wesson M1917 with the modified shorter barrel

Smith & Wesson Mk 2 "Hand Ejector"

Which one is favored? Who makes the best one? Not looking for a budget gun, but something that looks line an original as close as possible for display only.

thanks!

Egon

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Tanaka makes an airsoft version(s). I believe they have a few options for materials - both plastic and metal. Todds did a few runs, but they're hard to find.

CT1138

Sr Member
Tanaka makes an airsoft version(s). I believe they have a few options for materials - both plastic and metal. Todds did a few runs, but they're hard to find.
I think Tanaka might have discontinued theirs because they kept getting seized by US customs due to the Smith & Wesson logo.

I've been looking for their normal M1917 without the shortened barrel for another cosplay, and all I can find is their 1910 model, and for almost the price of a REAL revolver.

Egon

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I think Tanaka might have discontinued theirs because they kept getting seized by US customs due to the Smith & Wesson logo.

I've been looking for their normal M1917 without the shortened barrel for another cosplay, and all I can find is their 1910 model, and for almost the price of a REAL revolver.
Ahh that's a shame

filfoster

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The Tanaka m1917 handejector heavyweight is spot on. I have a real one and with just a small amount of weathering, the Tanaka is a dead ringer.

filfoster

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ahh that's a shame
It's been a year or so since I ordered one from Den Trinity but they put a black putty (peels off) over the logo and the usual orange barrel tip paint or plug, either easily dealt with, but yes, seizure is a risk.

darthwhitey

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Den Trinity

I sent them a message a couple weeks ago and never heard back. They seem to have an odd ordering system. You send them a message for what you want and they send you back an invoice?

It looks like they have THREE Indy guns?

Attachments

• indy1.png
    indy1.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 105
  • indy2.png
    indy2.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 104
  • indy3.png
    indy3.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 108

filfoster

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Yes, that's the drill. I have gotten maybe 10 things from them over many years and never had a problem. Don't recall it took them So long to respond.

Jamesfett

Sr Member
The Tanaka m1917 handejector heavyweight is spot on. I have a real one and with just a small amount of weathering, the Tanaka is a dead ringer.

I found two. Is there a difference between the two as far as accuracy? I think the finish looks better on the Steel finish one. Is the accuracy the same?

Thanks

CT1138

Sr Member
I found two. Is there a difference between the two as far as accuracy? I think the finish looks better on the Steel finish one. Is the accuracy the same?

Thanks
Accuracy is the same, I believe the only difference is the finish. I believe the steel finish one is the more accurate of the two. I have the matte finish one, which came out before the steel one did. It's definitely a nice, solid gun. No slipping in the revolver mechanism or jiggly loose parts and I've seen in some airsoft revolvers.

filfoster

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I wanted the ones he packed in front of Marcus before he went to the desert. They looked like the 5" barrel to me. I also got the Browning high power automatic and the shorter barrel S&W in the Jupiter finish, which weathers beautifully.

filfoster

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The matte finish will take on a satin sheen when weathered with the nylon stocking (after highlighting with very fine sandpaper and/or fine steel wool or Scotchbrite). Easy does it....less is more.

CT1138

Sr Member
The matte finish will take on a satin sheen when weathered with the nylon stocking (after highlighting with very fine sandpaper and/or fine steel wool or Scotchbrite). Easy does it....less is more.
I have not tried this, I'll have to give it a go.

darthwhitey

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thanks guys...great info...is the gun from my "Indy3" picture the best to get? I believe it's metal. Is that the one you are discussing?

CT1138

Sr Member
I wanted the ones he packed in front of Marcus before he went to the desert. They looked like the 5" barrel to me. I also got the Browning high power automatic and the shorter barrel S&W in the Jupiter finish, which weathers beautifully.
I've been considering picking up the HP from Denix, but it's not as iconic as Indy's revolver so I've been holding off.

Psab keel

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I found a very nice all metal HP airsoft on ebay a few years back. This is the model I got:

It's currently out of stock in the link above but I'm sure there has to be somewhere it's available. I have the Smith and Wesson Airsoft too, but I figured it would be fun to have the hi-power to round out my Raiders collection. I think it gets enough screentime to warrant owning. Though the version I have does have a different rear sight and the brown grips instead of black, it's a really nice representation and I got mine at a great price.

If you get the chance to pick one up, I'd highly recommend it.

Edit: Just doing a quick search and I found this. WE-B001 Hi-Power-BK (BROWNING ROC marking)

Evike also carries a silver version with a black grip.

HMSwolfe

Master Member
I found a very nice all metal HP airsoft on ebay a few years back. This is the model I got:

It's currently out of stock in the link above but I'm sure there has to be somewhere it's available. I have the Smith and Wesson Airsoft too, but I figured it would be fun to have the hi-power to round out my Raiders collection. I think it gets enough screentime to warrant owning. Though the version I have does have a different rear sight and the brown grips instead of black, it's a really nice representation and I got mine at a great price.

If you get the chance to pick one up, I'd highly recommend it.

Edit: Just doing a quick search and I found this. WE-B001 Hi-Power-BK (BROWNING ROC marking)

Evike also carries a silver version with a black grip.
I think I have this same Browning, it’s a nice little gun.

Psab keel

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I think I have this same Browning, it’s a nice little gun.
It really is! Collecting firearms replicas from the Indiana Jones films has been a fun experience. My aim was to own at least one of each of the main sidearms Indy himself carries, even if it wasn't the exact model Indy had, but a variant of it. I hope one day we'll get an Army Model of the Webley .455 in either an airsoft, pellet gun, or PFC. The MkVI is nice, but I love the eagle head grip and longer frame of the Army Model.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.