HELP! Thor Glowing Disks for Infinity War/Endgame Cosplay

TheMightyTHOR97

Hi all, I’m currently trying to get a Thor cosplay off the ground and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to make the glowing disks. My first thoughts were LED strips under clear disks that are painted black to give it the crackling effect.

HOWEVER... I have literally no experience with wiring electronics and have no idea how I would go about setting this up throughout the armor I plan to build. Any suggestions are welcome!!

Hey mate, I've been down this path with my Thor build. I make the discs, just not the lights but can offer a helping hand. Check out my instagram Benablefx. You'll see what i mean and i can speak to you there a bit easier. These discs in the pic show light through them.
20190915_102622.jpg

Sounds like you've got the right idea, you're just worrying yourself over nothing with the lights. You don't need to make it complex, you can set up good lighting with electronics simple enough a 3rd grader could assemble them.

If you've got a strip of LEDs then you're mostly done already (assuming you don't want color changing/fading, just on/off). Your LEDs will be designed for a certain voltage, probably 3V. You'll need a small battery pack that takes 2 AA or 2 AAA batteries (each battery puts out 1.5V, the AA will just last longer than AAA), and you'll wire one end to a switch and the other end to your LED strip. You'll then connect the other end of the switch to the other end of the LED strip. The LED strip should have a little + or - symbol next to the points you should connect your wires to, you just match that up with the + or - on the batteries.

Hey mate, I've been down this path with my Thor build. I make the discs, just not the lights but can offer a helping hand. Check out my instagram Benablefx. You'll see what i mean and i can speak to you there a bit easier. These discs in the pic show light through them. View attachment 1062354
This Thor costume is incredible!! Best I've seen...is there a thread that details the build, or can you tell us more about it??

Hey mate, I've been down this path with my Thor build. I make the discs, just not the lights but can offer a helping hand. Check out my instagram Benablefx. You'll see what i mean and i can speak to you there a bit easier. These discs in the pic show light through them. View attachment 1062354
Screenshot_20190926-184903_Samsung Internet.jpg

2.5" plasma discs. Problem solved.
My bad, i quoted the wrong member

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back