Help needed with removing latex muscles from a Macguyver style skin suit

Pastry

Hey everyone,

I've been following Macguyvers awesome skin suit huntorial and I just had a question - I've had a look around but haven't been able to find any advice on this, so I thought it might be okay to ask here. I'm making female pred skin, and having looked at a lot of figurines, I've decided I'm not happy with the muscles I've built up (I used a unitard so I did them myself). I'd like to just go back to a basic flat tummy to suit the style I'm going for, but I'm not sure if that will be possible or if I'd need to start again. I've built up the muscles using latex, those cotton things Macguyver suggested, with a little bit of expanding foam and plasticine thrown in. Any advice? Would an electric sander or dremel perhaps work? I don't have either to try, and lesser things like normal hand sanding, a knife etc, don't seem to work too well. I could probably hack back at it with a knife a bit choppily, but the problem of getting it smooth would still remain. So any advice, or links to a thread I've missed (sorry if that's the case, I looked!) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

Cheers,
Pastry

hey I know the macguyver tutorial and stuff pretty good stuff,I think the only way you can get those muscles off is hacking them off then try to put latex back on them
and try to smooth it out but you might rip the muscle suit underneath so I think you might have to start over unfortunately that's only if you rip the muscle suit underneath
hope that helps I'm doing my suit the mold way it's a hassle with molds and stuff but I like it that way cause I can put the armor on it check out my progress of it in my sig

That's looking amazing! Nice work.

And thanks, I'll probably go with that plan, won't hurt to try and the unitard was pretty cheap so meh. Hacking time ^_^ I also read about a few things that will soften the latex, so maybe that'll help a bit.

That's looking amazing! Nice work.

And thanks, I'll probably go with that plan, won't hurt to try and the unitard was pretty cheap so meh. Hacking time ^_^ I also read about a few things that will soften the latex, so maybe that'll help a bit.
Thanks heaps yeah I mean it cant hurt to try also when I was fooling around with the latex I was getting it every where on my clothing and stuff and it is easy to peel off sometimes
so you might just be lucky and it will come off nice and easy good luck. :p

Hope it works out for you Pastry.

One thing I'm going to try is something my wife suggested. Build the muscles separate and then attach them to the suit - probably lay down some cling wrap on the table so they don't stick to anything else.

But here's different step: before attaching them to the suit, wrap the cotton in ladies pantyhose. That way they will be smoother and if they're not too big the transition will be minimal once you add more layers of latex to the whole skin. Haven't tried it myself yet, but sounds good in theory. :p

Hope it works out for you Pastry.

One thing I'm going to try is something my wife suggested. Build the muscles separate and then attach them to the suit - probably lay down some cling wrap on the table so they don't stick to anything else.

But here's different step: before attaching them to the suit, wrap the cotton in ladies pantyhose. That way they will be smoother and if they're not too big the transition will be minimal once you add more layers of latex to the whole skin. Haven't tried it myself yet, but sounds good in theory. :p

Thanks, that's a really good idea. Would let you try different things, experiment etc, and get something you're happy with before permanently changing the suit. Good luck!

Yeah, hopefully it should come out alright. I'm going to start experimenting on old t-shirts before my unitard arrives, and see what happens.

Hey everyone,

I've been following Macguyvers awesome skin suit huntorial and I just had a question - I've had a look around but haven't been able to find any advice on this, so I thought it might be okay to ask here. I'm making female pred skin, and having looked at a lot of figurines, I've decided I'm not happy with the muscles I've built up (I used a unitard so I did them myself). I'd like to just go back to a basic flat tummy to suit the style I'm going for, but I'm not sure if that will be possible or if I'd need to start again. I've built up the muscles using latex, those cotton things Macguyver suggested, with a little bit of expanding foam and plasticine thrown in. Any advice? Would an electric sander or dremel perhaps work? I don't have either to try, and lesser things like normal hand sanding, a knife etc, don't seem to work too well. I could probably hack back at it with a knife a bit choppily, but the problem of getting it smooth would still remain. So any advice, or links to a thread I've missed (sorry if that's the case, I looked!) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

Cheers,
Pastry
do you mean the guyver? or macguyver from the 1980s tv show with richard dean anderson? .. cause i think he just had a flight jacket and a pocket knife.

do you mean the guyver? or macguyver from the 1980s tv show with richard dean anderson? .. cause i think he just had a flight jacket and a pocket knife.
I think Macguyver is the person who’s tutorial they are following. Not making a Macguyver costume. :lol:

And either way, that first post was from March 7th of 2010....so over 12 years ago.
The OP themselves haven't logged on in almost 10 years....so I would think by now, they either got it figured out....or gave up.

...of course, maybe in the Predator's world, you would get that one Predator who has an extraordinary knack for unconventional problem solving and an extensive bank of scientific knowledge that he believes can best be put to use saving lives.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back