FuzzyDrawings

Hi all! I've purchased a Last Crusade Grail Tablet replica. The replica has a "hollow" back and is cast in urethane resin.

1655317312090.png

I would like to finish the back so it is more of a complete piece. I'm not concerned about weight. Do you have any tips on how I should go about this, specifically if I should be concerned about warping from the thermal reaction if I apply more resin? And from an accuracy standpoint, are there any production images of the back of the tablet anyone knows about?

Thanks so much!

Probably the cheapest and easiest would be cutting a piece of insulation foam to fit then bondo the edges to fill any gaps.
More expensive and potentially messy, 2 part expanding foam.

I had one like that but sold it long ago. I used the expanding insulation foam, I filled in the cavity and let it expand then harden. It will expand larger than you need. Then I used a saw and cut it down and then used sand paper to shape it into the shape I wanted. I then used bondo on the back side and that allowed me to create a nice rock texture and crack details in the wet bondo. Then once that dried, I sanded it smooth a bit and it was ready to paint.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back