Hasbro NERF M41-A Pulse Rifle

Here's my mod:
I squared up the rounded edges of the shroud where it meets the top of the Spas cage, filled the indented top of the mag base, sanded back the protrusion under shotgun barrel and added a few bits and pieces such as the screw on the bottom of the grip, pump screw plate and sling loops. Shroud was painted with SMS Blaster Brown which is claimed to be a colour match with original Brown Bess. Pretty pleased with how it turned out.

View attachment 1637151

View attachment 1637154
Looks great!

Looks great!

Thanks!

I originally posted that I was going to leave it in its original state and use my cats for target practice. Sadly Bagley and Tony Harrison both passed within a week of each other in September (not from target practice, I should add) so I added a few little details as a tribute to them. I re-imagined the rifle as a twin calibre M41B.

catrifle.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks!

I originally posted that I was going to leave it in its original state and use my cats for target practice. Sadly Bagley and Tony Harrison both passed within a week of each other in September (not from target practice, I should add) so I added a few little details as a tribute to them. I re-imagined the rifle as a twin calibre M41B.
I'm really sorry to hear that you lost your fur-buddies (who both had brilliant names by the way). It's a horrible grief when they pass, and to lose them within a week of each other must have been very hard. My sympathies. I lost my two relatively recently after 17 years together - Bailey two years ago, and her sister Coco not quite a year ago - and I still miss them terribly. I'm glad you'll be able to remember your friends every time you go 'bug-hunting'.

I'm really sorry to hear that you lost your fur-buddies (who both had brilliant names by the way). It's a horrible grief when they pass, and to lose them within a week of each other must have been very hard. My sympathies. I lost my two relatively recently after 17 years together - Bailey two years ago, and her sister Coco not quite a year ago - and I still miss them terribly. I'm glad you'll be able to remember your friends every time you go 'bug-hunting'.
It was horrible, and we are still in shock, really. I think the real Private Bagley would have approved :)

baghead.jpg

How'd you get your counter to read 95?
The two small buttons on the right of the counter let you manually adjust the counter up and down, up to 99. The read-out will then count down from that every time a dart is fired. When you re-load the counter will reset to whatever number it was previously set to.

Hey Mark, when you painted yours, did you have to do anything different when it came to the magazine bottom, rear stock, and pistol grip? These feel like textured PVC and not hard plastic like the rest of it.

I’m just wondering what kind of adhesion or drying issues I might have with these parts and the Krylon paint.

Hey Mark, when you painted yours, did you have to do anything different when it came to the magazine bottom, rear stock, and pistol grip? These feel like textured PVC and not hard plastic like the rest of it.

I’m just wondering what kind of adhesion or drying issues I might have with these parts and the Krylon paint.
Thanks joberg mate.

gunnerk19, nope no different treatment for either the mag baseplate or the grip, from memory they were the same plastic. The only thing I did when I knew Michael wanted to sign the bottom of the magazine was to paint it a flat black. It was originally the same color as the shroud but I figured a signature would look better on black. After it was signed I varnished it with a satin finish sealer

M

Just a heads up. If you haven’t bought one because you’re on the fence, here’s a push for you.
They are now sold out everywhere and the only way to get one now is on the secondary market like eBay. However, if you’re lucky it will cost 150.00 plus shipping. Though the average is about 200.00.
Those of you that bought multiple, I suspect you will clean up the closer it gets to Christmas as these are going up in price daily.

Just a heads up. If you haven’t bought one because you’re on the fence, here’s a push for you.
They are now sold out everywhere and the only way to get one now is on the secondary market like eBay. However, if you’re lucky it will cost 150.00 plus shipping. Though the average is about 200.00.
Those of you that bought multiple, I suspect you will clean up the closer it gets to Christmas as these are going up in price daily.
They're still fully available in the UK at the same £99 from Hasbro Pulse direct
for those based over this side of the pond.

I spent a lot of time again with Michael Biehn over the past two weeks and did this illustration of him as Hicks. He’s a top man and because I wasn’t able to carry my Nerf Pulse on the plane, he signed the bottom of the magazine for me instead.
Do you recall if he had any notable reaction to the news that the gun he helped make famous is now Nerf?

I hope he gets to handle one... Simon Atherton, too.

Do you recall if he had any notable reaction to the news that the gun he helped make famous is now Nerf?

I hope he gets to handle one... Simon Atherton, too.
Although we spent a lot of time together, we never discussed the Nerf. That said, I do know that at the various conventions he signed quite a few of them so he definitely knows they are out there.

M

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back