Hasbro AT ST conversion to ROTJ studio replica

Hey Keith, actually, it was your conversion that prompted me to buy one of the Hasbro toys to convert like you had. I got a lot of ideas on how to do stuff for the body from yours. :)

Thanks Junk Pilot, yeah it's a shame NAZGUL's progress pictures are no longer available, they'd have been a lot of help.

I think I need to redo the mounts for the side armor... :(

I think this is a close enough resemblance to the neck..for now...

EunAQUf.jpg

first off, that looks gorgeous. absolutely beautiful.

I love this stuff.

Secondly, does anyone know why they changed the ATST for Jedi? Did it have to do with the proportions for having real actors in the full size set piece?

first off, that looks gorgeous. absolutely beautiful.

I love this stuff.

Secondly, does anyone know why they changed the ATST for Jedi? Did it have to do with the proportions for having real actors in the full size set piece?

Thanks, and that has always been my guess. it could be that they simply had more time for ROTJ to create the AT ST since it would be featured more heavily on screen. :)

Nice! Looking forward to more! :thumbsup

Thanks! :)

Hey Keith, actually, it was your conversion that prompted me to buy one of the Hasbro toys to convert like you had. I got a lot of ideas on how to do stuff for the body from yours. :)

Cool!
BTW If you mold the new head you have made, i would be interested in a casting.

Keith.

Cool!
BTW If you mold the new head you have made, i would be interested in a casting.

Keith.

Wow, I'm honoured that you'd want a cast, I've never done that before, I'll have a look into it and see if it's something I can do!

Edit: I tweaked some angles on the head base last night, just a few bits to add before a mold would be made...It looks easy enough to do so I might give this a go! It would benefit me too so I can make different variations or if I make mistakes later on. :)

Last edited:
My understanding is the side mount domes are Plastruct VH-200 domes although there are more knowledgeable people out there who would know for certain.

OK so last night I adjusted the eye angles and size... I've also added the side plating at the front part under the domes, needs sanding. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can do the eye lips? There's 2/3 layers within the eyes, I haven't worked out how to do that yet. :S

WeK40LD.jpg

I'm so amazed that I was able to do the hatch that I will drop this video here... :D

I haven't finished the details of the hatch yet and need to smooth the hinges out a bit more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job !

The supports for your side armor panels are too short. They should be almost as long as the armor panels less 3 or 4 mm.

Regarding the eye lips, just stack two styrene plates with été cutout, the lower being smaller than the top one and the top one smaller than the eye openings of your head. Glue that on the back of your head, that's what I did on my ATST and that's probably what they did for the master pattern of the original filming miniature. It works only if you use styrene thin enough for the front part.

If you have a CNC or a manual mill you can also mill it in a thicker piece of styrene instead of stacking 2 pieces.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back