Harryhausen Cyclops stop-motion puppet replica

Hey Thanks everybody who has been following my progression on ol' one eye here, I'll be finishing the final paint work on him tonight! It's all your guy's enthusiasm and encouragement that keeps me doing these projects..... Thanks again!

It's good ol' organic wool crepe hair, and I apply it the same way Ray did by just cutting tiny little clumps and sticking it on directly with caulk. Same technique, different mediums.... Ray, of course, using latex based materials.

Fantamation that is simply outstanding. As this is and has always been a real movie monster favourite to this this project come to life like this is a real treat.You must feel like a kid posing him? I sure would. great work.

Ok, the paint work is about 90% done and these will be the last of the pics I take with this crappy little camera, so next will be to finish off the last little finessing touches and then do the real photo shoot with real lighting and a decent camera!!!

Just tryin to match how it looked in the movie, those gray areas on the jowls and around the mouth were on the original puppet..... and I think they could've come from the oils off of Ray's fingers

That's looking awesome. Great paint job too. I'd forgotten about crepe hair. I remember those old Dick Smith makeup kits from the '70s that you'd get from Toys R Us (or other toy stores) having that in them!

It looks that great like this i am expecting to need life support when you get the next set of pics up.=O

Yeah, the Ymir armature was used for the smaller foot tall Cyclops that fought the dragon at the end of the movie, the armature for the original 16" puppet was built specifically for that puppet.

Harryhausen Cyclops stop-motion puppet replica- NEW PICS

I'm looking to get a potential customer list together for a very limited run on ol' one eye, let me know via email or pm for the details.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back