The Nightmare Before Christmas Stop Motion Sally Puppet Replica

After several attempts, finally have a near perfect body

Sally_030.JPG

Sally cannot go walking through Halloween Town in naught but her skinView attachment 1586876
Did you do the silicone casting or have someone do that? Also what silicone did you use and how does it compare to foam latex in terms of softness? I have made lots of puppets using foam latex. I know that the rotting is an issue if kept right it can still last a long time. I think that even silicone breaks down eventually.

Did you do the silicone casting or have someone do that? Also what silicone did you use and how does it compare to foam latex in terms of softness? I have made lots of puppets using foam latex. I know that the rotting is an issue if kept right it can still last a long time. I think that even silicone breaks down eventually.
I have admired your stop-motion puppets, especially your Taun-Taun w/Han.
Someone else did do the silicone casting. He said he used ecoflex 00-30 silicone. It is kind of soft to the touch,but also feels like a rubber.

Here's some test casts
FB_IMG_1649123875797.jpg

Thanks for the compliments. I am really happy how Sally looks

Doing a thread color test. The lighting in the movie really plays with the shade of the thread. At times it looks black, navy blue, and almost a periwinkle.
IMG_1488.jpg

Excellent workmanship:cool::cool:(y)(y) How do you envisage cutting the bottom of the dress to copy the same kind of distressing look of the original?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back