Harryhausen Cyclops stop-motion puppet replica

Fantamation that is so beautiful. And the fact you even went to the trouble to sculpt in the scale detail on the legs when they will be covered with fur is just amazing. I can't wait to see him finished.

Great work!

It was seeing Jim's Minator that was the deciding factor in the Tauntaun commission, Anyone with the talent to make that Minator could knock the socks off a TaunTaun, boy was I correct.

Taking extra time in claying up the sculpture for molding, extremely tedious work, I'll have pics of everything ready to go before the plaster goes on by tuesday/wednesday at the latest. This part has to be done right or it's all for not..... plus I'm making sculptural adjustments as I go.
Hang in there, the light at the end of this tunnel is gettin pretty bright, once the mold is done it's all downhill from there!!

Man that is some outstanding work! Couldn't you figure out another place for that mounting rod though?

Have you given any thought to doing the dragon next? That would just be so cool.

Well, after the Cyclops is done I must concentrate on casting and filling orders and then getting back to my ESB animation set-up. So many projects, not enough hours in the day!

Amazing are you the same person who does the King Kong ? I emailed a long time ago but lost your contact info when are these babies going to be available and how much?
Nick:lol

Well, the front half of the Cyclops is now in plaster..... FINALLY!!!!!! Thought I'd throw in some pics of what went into the dividing wall, this is why I HATE mold making!
nico95 - Yeah I'm the Kong guy too, either email me or pm me for pricing info on the Cyclops.

FINALLY was able to crack open the egg today...... the mold came out PRIMO!!! All the hard, tedious crap is now finally over and it's time to let the fun begin!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back