Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

Yea for sure. A few people here found trunks for really low prices and they fixed them up nicely. I've been checking everyday on ebay, but all I see are $270+ beat up antique trunks with super high shipping due to the size. :( I may be looking in the wrong place hehe.

I'm hoping to do a steamer trunk too...but not sure where I'll put it in the house... and I'll have to find one that's salvageable but doesn't break the Gringotts.

the member with permission issues is not kellie marie or picosbeak. the member i'm refering to has done this before, not to mention acting rudely to other members, and starting a deviant art account and posting jhadha's and possibly hinky's work (dasily prophets) and claming them as his own. I have reported him to deviant art and the rpf, yet he is still here... I am seriously getting tired of this person's antics... you know who you are!

Yea for sure. A few people here found trunks for really low prices and they fixed them up nicely. I've been checking everyday on ebay, but all I see are $270+ beat up antique trunks with super high shipping due to the size. :( I may be looking in the wrong place hehe.

I want a trunk too, when I looked there were quite a few sutable looking ones under $100 and even under $50, but they were all "pick up only"- no shipping, and I don't live in Sydney or Melbourne- none were anywhere near me! I also looked in a second hand shop here, there was an antique suitcase but it was a beige plaid sort of thing. so no luck for me either!

I want a trunk too, when I looked there were quite a few sutable looking ones under $100 and even under $50, but they were all "pick up only"- no shipping, and I don't live in Sydney or Melbourne- none were anywhere near me! I also looked in a second hand shop here, there was an antique suitcase but it was a beige plaid sort of thing. so no luck for me either!

Same here. The type of trunk is a Steamer Railway Trunk with Bentwood bands, and all the ones I've seen have been in the UK. I believe I am going to have to make my own.

Common guys stop arguing. It makes no sense. We're here because we all love Harry Potter (props). We're one family. And yes there are members who are "better" in making props then others. I am not so good in making these that's why I haven't posted them yet but I do realy enjoy to try making them and getting better and better everyday. You guys keep me motivated to do the effort. If we stay arguing like this this thread will soon be death and this time maybe for a long time. I'm not going to say who's guilty in this case. We're all. We all have to accept eachother how we are. That doesn't mean we have to allow that people post or even worse purchase props as if they are their. Halas a lot of your wonderful props have already been spread over the internet by others. That's terrible and needs to stop (delete them if you're doing it!!!). Some people are not willing anymore to share their props because people always steal them because they are so good. I can understand that. If that keeps happening no one will be posting props anymore and again this thread will be death. A litle tolerance is realy needed here. EVERYONE here has to make that effort to keep this thread alive!!!

Same here. The type of trunk is a Steamer Railway Trunk with Bentwood bands, and all the ones I've seen have been in the UK. I believe I am going to have to make my own.

There's one going for £50 :c If only my mother understood my Harry Potter obsession and let me buy it. It would be nice to have a place to put all my props once I've managed to print them out and assemble them.

There's one going for £50 :c If only my mother understood my Harry Potter obsession and let me buy it. It would be nice to have a place to put all my props once I've managed to print them out and assemble them.

oh that's great,..you know what there's several antique here' and the philippines, example that Trunk,..it cost some 200$ and can afford hahah

oh that's great,..you know what there's several antique here' and the philippines, example that Trunk,..it cost some 200$ and can afford hahah

Ouch. But the Philippines is sooo cheap. I'm sure you can find an antique store somewhere. But then again, my mum has had to send furniture by T Chest for my holiday home there because you don't sell what they sell here in England. Perhaps a mall?

Ouch. But the Philippines is sooo cheap. I'm sure you can find an antique store somewhere. But then again, my mum has had to send furniture by T Chest for my holiday home there because you don't sell what they sell here in England. Perhaps a mall?

yes,..but anyway that's great ,...

OK...I don't want to start a war here, but I've realized that a lot of what I've contributed has been a re-work (although I've usually explained in great detail who's work and why I've made a change). It seemed to be OK when I first joined and even the people who's work I modified gave me "props" (sorry...pun intended).

Although I realized early that some people cared about having their items modified (which I respect) and others didn't, the atmosphere on this thread has changed. I'm confused about what's OK and what's not anymore.

What is considered stealing and what is considered inspiration anymore?

I haven't chimed in on the other more blatant issue here because I think both have been "poking the bear" at times and don't want to fuel that fire.

Maybe I'm the only one feeling this way and I'll just have to keep my reworks to myself? Honest feedback would be appreciated here.

(Sorry everyone...but Libra's just want to know what the rules are and to keep the peace.)

Last edited:
I'll break down the costs of my trunk, as people have been asking about them. A photo is posted up thread - it's missing two of the bands, but is the same maroonish colour as Harry's.

I found it on ebay with a buy it now of $60 (ish) and shipping from Estonia to Canada was $45. So, with currency exchange and the like, it came to about $110 Canadian to get to my door. I'm fine with this price, because trunks are not cheap and I wanted a good one.

- It took a full weekend to scrape out the GROSS paper that was inside.
- $6 for a tester can of paint (the little ones the store gives you for a half wall and such), to repaint the insides.
- $12 for new handles and brackets from Kennedy hardware (this is also where I got my Gringotts skeleton key). - now, some sites say you need to use trunk nails to put these handles and brackets on, in order to keep the value of the trunk up. Those are a b*tch to get nailed in properly and bent back into the trunk. Just get half inch wood screws instead and paint the screw heads to match the handle caps. Trust me.

Also a great site for trunk bits: Brettun's village

It is highly unlikely that you're going to find The Perfect Trunk, so take a look at some of the scruffier ones. They'll get beat up on the Hogwarts Express, and being shoved under beds, so don't worry about the outside. And you will definitely have to re-finish the inside, unless you enjoy the funky smells.

Also, don't search for 'leather trunk' on ebay, unless you don't mind getting pictures of blokes in rather revealing shorts mixed in with your luggage. LOL

If anyone has any questions about this kind of project (or what parts and brackets to get), feel free to shoot me a pm).

Is anyone familiar with The Happy Rubble Box seen in the Harry Potter London Tour? It uses the same box as the Pepper Imps but with just one label on top. The Chinese writing can still be seen on the side from the Oolong Tea Box.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back