Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

What is this model of?

In Zonko's joke shop, one can see a weird green tentacled model of a monster on the shelf in the image to the left with yellow eyes. Does anyone know what it is and if it is a found item that can be purchased?

hogsmeadezonkos.jpg

I've been produtive this afternoon :)
A font based on Harry Potter's Acceptance Lettter to Hogwarts. I scanned the acceptance letter included with the Harry Potter: Film Wizardry book, and created the letters, numbers and symbols from that. The font includes Capital letters, lowercase letters, numbers and some symbols.
download the font at: decat on deviantART

and Awseome work everyone! I'm going to make some more books- I found some 2012 hardcover diaries on clearance for $2 each, so I bought 5 of them and will give them new covers!

decat,

This ROCKS!!! Thank you so much fellow Ravenclaw!!

Kellie

Hello guys!
I'm a new memeber of the Therpf.
I am a fan of Harry Potter and I love this props.:love
I want to show my Hermione's notebook.Hope you liked it

Hi, Welcome to the most awesome Harry Potter thread, I look forward to seeing what projects your working on.

Also awesome work on covering the notebook, its nice to see your work printed and put to use.

Also PotionMistress I really like the candy wrappers you posted they look great.

ecl, amazing work on your Rune book, alot of work ahead but I'm sure it'll be worth the effort you put in, it already looks amazing.

Barney, the Muggle born forms looks fantastic, as does all of your decree's.

decat,

This ROCKS!!! Thank you so much fellow Ravenclaw!!

Kellie

the full index list shouldn't be to much longer, as yhou can see I am editing it for posting. It's a very long list and has taken forever! I will attempt to keep it up to date too.

my scarf I got from the Harry Potter exhibition. it has no house patch, like the movies. a lot of the liscensed scarves (and ties) have the house patch. I got the hermione wand and marauder's map too!

my robe I made myself. I didn't use a pattern, it is all basicaly retangles. I got the patch from ebay. I'd never sewn clothing before, just bags, cushion covers, toys etc. I did sewing as an elective in school, but I'm not that good.

the only thing I need now is a skirt, I bought one on ebay that was just right, only a little light in coloiur, but It didn't fit! so I've sent it back and hopefully they will send me one that fits!

The acceptance letter font was somthing I decided should be done 'cause people kept asking for it, but there was no font availble. so, I made it using Harry's acceptance letter from the fil wizardry book- most of the letters are copied from there.

I could not find the font either so I had to create the font based on screen grabs and other references.

bfd

Ah, ok. I've managed to make the numbers myself. I have some scanned from the film wizardry decrees, and the others made from/based on reference photos.

I think I have reference of as many decrees as you have. I will share mine here when they are eventully done.

Thanks ElliotStone.

I want ask a question. Today I saw Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone and I noticed the font of the hogwarts letter for Harry. It's different from that usually proposed(look the image).Why?

Thanks ElliotStone.

I want ask a question. Today I saw Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone and I noticed the font of the hogwarts letter for Harry. It's different from that usually proposed(look the image).Why?

It is not uncommon for there to be several different versions of the same prop used in a movie. Some are used for close-ups, some for distant shots, some get destroyed or lost, some get used for promotional purposes, etc.

Continuity of paper props used throughout a film is notoriously bad. Both the written and typed versions were used in the PS movie.

bfd

Last edited:
Re: What is this model of?

In Zonko's joke shop, one can see a weird green tentacled model of a monster on the shelf in the image to the left with yellow eyes. Does anyone know what it is and if it is a found item that can be purchased?

Hi SchubroProductions,

Please understand that I am old and my memory is not the best LOL but for some reason, I think I remember seeing a sketch of that creature in one of the extra's from one of the movie DVD's but I can't remember which movie. I am thinking maybe it might be in the Monster Book of Monster's. I don't remember what the creature is called. I also don't remember ever seeing one of these creatures for sale anywhere.

Don't know if that helps at all.

Linda

Does anyone know which font/s was used on the Candy in a can box? I'm almost done with the replica, but hope to be able to use the same fonts as they used.

I've attached a photo i found on flickr.

Re: What is this model of?

Thanks Linda. I believe it was on the Monster Page entitled Twirley Worfendorf. I guess WWOHP must have made it custom for the park.

Zach

Hi SchubroProductions,

Please understand that I am old and my memory is not the best LOL but for some reason, I think I remember seeing a sketch of that creature in one of the extra's from one of the movie DVD's but I can't remember which movie. I am thinking maybe it might be in the Monster Book of Monster's. I don't remember what the creature is called. I also don't remember ever seeing one of these creatures for sale anywhere.

Don't know if that helps at all.

Linda

Hi all......New to the forum but I love all of your work!!!!! the other day I was bored so I attempted to make some Harry Potter props! I made a honeydukes pick and mix bag, a bertie botts every flavour beans box and a proclomation in a box. Also with a little help a covered two books....One with the when muggles attack cover and the other advanced potion making.......I am alos working on a paper prop from the goblet of fire and i will post it on here when finished ! I have posted the images on my blog : Hogwarts23023
Please tell me what you think!!! thank you all again for the wonderfull work.
Hogwarts23023

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back