Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

Hi all ...... Thanks for the nice comments!!! :lol I was reading through the harry potter page to screen book (brilliant book recommend it) and i found some things that might be interesting........ they were :
Some drawings that Tom riddle had in the orphanage
Neville's lost sign on the Gryffindor common room notice board
some plates from delores umbridge's office
and dudley dursleys certificates
so i took a picture of them and did some editing and i was wondering if i am allowed to post them on here??? can anyone help me!!! :confused :confused :confused :confused
P.S they are on my blog anyway!!!!:lol
Hogwarts23023

Hi,
someone can tell me which might be the size of hogwarts express' ticket. :confused :confused :confused
hp1_thumb.jpg

Just as a reminder, again, this thread is NOT for promoting items that you have for sale in the Junkyard or anywhere else. This thread is ONLY for FREE paper props that you are willing to SHARE with the community.

Who have the Molly Weasley's Howler?

Who doesnt have manners?

A simple please might have gotten you an answer, and get off your lazy butt and look for it yourself! I just did a search and found one, so if i can do it then i think you can...

I am sick and tired of new people just popping up and asking, no, DEMANDING, props that were created by others hard work... USE EFFORT ON YOUR PART!!!!

Ranting finished...

Just as a reminder, again, this thread is NOT for promoting items that you have for sale in the Junkyard or anywhere else. This thread is ONLY for FREE paper props that you are willing to SHARE with the community.

Since you removed my post and replaced it with your post I feel I need to ask why?

My post simply showed an image of "FREE" paper props I had printed out arranged in a similar fashion to those shown in the HP Tour and wanted to share with others on the thread.

I did not promote any items for sale.

What I am gleaning from your message is that members should not be making posts to this thread if they are not attaching a free paper prop to it. Is that correct??

I wonder how others feel about that?

And...I assume since you removed my post, you will be gleaning through this thread and removing all other posts which only show images of finished free paper props?

The purpose of showing images of finished props is to show appreciation to those who made the prop and to provide inspiration to those who may not have made the prop yet. I find it also adds to the sense of "community"

Personally, I like seeing images of other members' finished props. And I think most other members that frequent this thread agree.

Just my 2 cents

I assume we are still allowed to provide opinions on this thread and you will not delete this post because there is not a free paper prop attached.

bfd

Maybe another thread needs to be started just called "Harry Potter Paper props fan club" ? If this thread is only intended to be a depository of free paper props, then I'm guessing about 95% of all posts here are against the thread rules, as it's become more of a place for us to share WIP, discussions, as well as offer up files for people to use. Feels more like a forum/club in itself which I guess is not really the norm. This thread really does seem very different from most of the threads on the forum as it seems to have a life of its own.

Maybe another thread needs to be started just called "Harry Potter Paper props fan club" ? If this thread is only intended to be a depository of free paper props, then I'm guessing about 95% of all posts here are against the thread rules, as it's become more of a place for us to share WIP, discussions, as well as offer up files for people to use. This thread really does seem very different from most of the threads on the forum as it seems to have a life of its own.

i agree with this :thumbsup

Since you removed my post and replaced it with your post I feel I need to ask why?

My post simply showed an image of "FREE" paper props I had printed out arranged in a similar fashion to those shown in the HP Tour and wanted to share with others on the thread.

What I am gleaning from your message is that members should not be making posts to this thread if they are not attaching a free paper prop to it. Is that correct??

And...I assume since you removed my post, you will be gleaning through this thread and removing all other posts which only show images of finished free paper props?

The purpose of showing images of finished props is to show appreciation to those who made the prop and to provide inspiration to those who may not have made the prop yet. I find it also adds to the sense of "community"

Personally, I like seeing images of other members' finished props. And I think most other members that frequent this thread agree.

Just my 2 cents

I assume we are still allowed to provide opinions on this thread and you will not delete this post because there is not a free paper prop attached.

bfd

Your post had absolutely nothing to do with WIP or comments/questions regarding paper props being shared (and you know that)... so please don't make it sound like members suddenly aren't allowed to make those types of posts in this or any of the threads in this specific sub-forum. Comments like that are totally unnecessary and unproductive.

As to your specific post, and why it was removed... it was reported, and we acted on it because of the possibility that some of those items are or have been offered for sale in the Junkyard. We have had to remove items before from this thread for that exact reason, so again, it's nothing new.

This thread has had more than its share of turf battles, ego clashes, and silly school yard antics. We are gearing up for a major software upgrade, and so for the moment, certain issues are getting dealt with as expediently as possible. If you are saying that none of the items that you pictured are being or have been sold in the Junkyard then we can deal specifically with that issue, and get it cleared up (pm sent).

Just my 2 cents

bfd

I don't even understand why it was necessary for a monitor to make any comment like that at all. There have been no problems of the kind he mentioned here in this unique thread. There have been no shills luring people to purchase a handmade prop. I dont' get it! What is he even talking about? :confused

Just sounds like someone didn't like bfd's post because they saw he had sold some of it before, and not currently being able to pick them up free. Even though his particular post had nothing to do with selling the pieces as he was just sharing a visual collection his work. This thread is constantly evolving and for the most part well self regulated. There's a constant dynamic between the people who make/share the props, those who contribute in other ways, and those who pop in and snatch stuff up w/o so much a word.

Anyways I finished my Candy in a Can box! The small font isn't exact but it's very close, and I'm thinking there was also a typo in the original prop, or at least it looked like the word "delicious" was spelled wrong in my references. Not sure what else the word could have been, so I just went with that.

It's an interesting prop as it's basically a variation of the Glacial Snowflakes box. Also attached a pic i found on flickr of the real thing (sorry to the photographer, I didn't write down the source so have no idea who took it!)

Last edited:
I don't even understand why it was necessary for a monitor to make any comment like that at all. There have been no problems of the kind he mentioned here in this unique thread. There have been no shills luring people to purchase a handmade prop. I dont' get it! What is he even talking about? :confused
Please understand that just because you don't see the posts now doesn't mean that they didn't exist (they have been removed).

ecl, once again you've contributed an awesome replica prop that we can all enjoy. I especially love that you've made it as seperate piece's so that we can make it even more screen accurate. Simply fantastic, thank you.

On a side note, I think the person who reported Barney's post should be ashamed of themselves, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, Barney has contributed amazing props over his time here at his own expense and they are only taken down due to selfish theives out to make a buck from someone else's hard work. Barney amongst others are willing to help those who seek help rather than simply requesting an item (Not always politely either) and expeccting it handed to them. If you can't get something then make it yourself, thats why its called a replica because you can't have the original, by reporting Barney's post what have you really achieved other than upset on the thread. New members be warned and those that don't play fair, if this continues then there will be no contirbuting members left, simple as that. Be thankful for what is still here and if it's not move on.

Rant over

ecl, once again you've contributed an awesome replica prop that we can all enjoy. I especially love that you've made it as seperate piece's so that we can make it even more screen accurate. Simply fantastic, thank you.

On a side note, I think the person who reported Barney's post should be ashamed of themselves, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, Barney has contributed amazing props over his time here at his own expense and they are only taken down due to selfish theives out to make a buck from someone else's hard work. Barney amongst others are willing to help those who seek help rather than simply requesting an item (Not always politely either) and expeccting it handed to them. If you can't get something then make it yourself, thats why its called a replica because you can't have the original, by reporting Barney's post what have you really achieved other than upset on the thread. New members be warned and those that don't play fair, if this continues then there will be no contirbuting members left, simple as that. Be thankful for what is still here and if it's not move on.

Rant over

I agree, I don't have a clue what happened here, but must it be dragged out? and why does somthing like this get pounced on when far worse has happened and mods don't even seem to have noticed? you mods should be dealing with theives and rude idiots, not silly post reports.
just my opinion.

very nice ecl,..i think for me the font is URWClarendonTextwild or Gomorrah but looks great!!

all im going to say ecl and bfd was a great contributor here' so dont let them down :) specially bfd,..one of the man behind of this Thread.

Your post had absolutely nothing to do with WIP or comments/questions regarding paper props being shared (and you know that)... so please don't make it sound like members suddenly aren't allowed to make those types of posts in this or any of the threads in this specific sub-forum. Comments like that are totally unnecessary and unproductive.

As to your specific post, and why it was removed... it was reported, and we acted on it because of the possibility that some of those items are or have been offered for sale in the Junkyard. We have had to remove items before from this thread for that exact reason, so again, it's nothing new.

This thread has had more than its share of turf battles, ego clashes, and silly school yard antics. We are gearing up for a major software upgrade, and so for the moment, certain issues are getting dealt with as expediently as possible. If you are saying that none of the items that you pictured are being or have been sold in the Junkyard then we can deal specifically with that issue, and get it cleared up (pm sent).

Montgar

I have responded to your PM.

I intended no disrespect to a moderator (as I'm sure it is not an easy task) but my comments were based on having no idea why my post was removed other than a reference to not promoting items that may be for sale in the Junkyard (which honestly never occurred to me when I made the original post) - so no I did not "know that".

After a trade in PMs with Montgar it appears that the issue is that I indicated that the items I showed in my posted image were "FREE" paper props when in fact several of them are for sale in the Junkyard (hope that doesn't get construed as a sales pitch).

That was my bad. I did not even think about that fact when I made that huffy statement.

My apologies for the kerfuffle. Rules are rules, I can only plead ignorance and assure everyone no malice or rule breaking was intended. I am extremely sorry to have derailed this thread (yet again).

Thankyou potionmistress, ecl, jhadha, elliotstone and decat for speaking up on my behalf.

bfd

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back