Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

Using the address from Ron's acceptance letter, I just edited that on Harry's envelope to make this envelope View attachment 64111 I think the originals belonged to you, Barneyrfd. On the acceptance letter that Harry got that year it says "Sharing the Room in the Attic" but because i don't have those fonts, I had to leave off the Sharing the" part, but it sort of serves the purpose, if that is of any help to you guys :)

does anyone have the Weasley betting slip for each house also any of their shop product ads and when making the books can you just use paper?

thanks for everyone's help in all my posts D

When making books can you just use paper?
does anyone have argus's kwickspell letter and envelope?
does anyone have any weasley stuff thats not on the first page same with chudley cannons?
finally does anyone have the wesley betting slips for all the houses?

@Hp197, You can use just about any paper a printer can print on, but different papers will have different surface qualities. Depending on how far you want to take it, like with foil and aging with paint or other medium, the paper will play a big part. It's good to experiment. From my own experience I like using printmaking paper like Rives, etc. because they can take more abuse with paint medium and sanding, and they also have a nicer surface quality.

Paper designed for inkjet is convenient, but the coating they put on them tend to make them look more artificial and sometimes give the prints that "inkjet" computer look. But using papers not designed for inkjet might not hold print detail as well, so I always coat my papers with a medium called "InkAid", which basically just gives different papers a printable surface.

Last edited:
The stuff here is amazing! I didn't even know it existed. I was inspired by the exhibit in New York and just loved all of the books. I'm reading up, lurking and gathering tips before I attempt them on my own! Thanks all for the inspiration!

Bunni with an "i" like Gandhi ; D

oh thank you very much for links. very useful! but i wonder could anyone see the links in legendaryletters.com? i cant see any images in there :(

I was able to see a few. But everything (or at least all that I saw on there) was stuff to be personalized, and therefore paid for. But I saw a few images. I just went to legendaryletters.com and then underneath Harry Potter it listed everything and so I clicked on one and there were small images and the information about it as well as the stuff about buying it. It looks interesting and all, but I don't feel like paying $12.50 for a Hogwarts Diploma when technically, they wouldn't have gotten one anyway (I hope I have my English schools facts right...?) regardless, I think that's a bit pricey :unsure, especially for many of the items thats are on this site, for free, and the only difference is that they are personalized and mailed out but maybe that's just my opinion. On the other hand, there were some very nice items listed on there that as of yet I haven't happened upon here, though I may have just missed them. If you still have trouble seeing the images I'll see if I can help you out :)

I guess this is related.... I saw How To Succeed today for my birthday (Dan radcliffe was great with John larroquette) and I was just thinking that the book Dan is reading would be a cool prop, and it should be very easy to replicate.

Hey Luke,
Happy Birthday!!!! I raise a Butterbeer to your special day :cheers
Very exciting to see a Broadway play for your BD and see Dan Radcliffe while you were at it :)

I guess this is related.... I saw How To Succeed today for my birthday (Dan radcliffe was great with John larroquette) and I was just thinking that the book Dan is reading would be a cool prop, and it should be very easy to replicate.

Hey, Happy Birthday luke.

A Broadway play on your what...16th birthday?? Geeze when I turned your age I got a new stick to roll my hoop with...no wait a minute that was my dad...ya right...my dad. :lol

Seriously luke I bet you loved the heck out of it, all the best.

bfd

@ ecl, did draw the text and the graphics on your Beedle the Bard book or did you have the font and the graphics??? Thanks BTW @ Luke, Happy late Birthday!!

@lilpatty, I modified a file that turned out to have been originally posted by nickilenart. I believe it was a scan of a smaller image that he enlarged and cleaned up? I made adjustments to the pattern and color on the front and basically reconstructed the title on the spine by copying and rearranging the title from the front cover. I saw a reference photo of the prop and it appeared that the title in the spine looked very similar to that of the cover. I don't have the font.

@Luke, Happy Bday! Sounds like you had a fun time!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back