Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

MINISTRY OF MAGIC IDENTITY CARD - RON WEASLEY

here's Ron's and Hermione's IDs. Not crazy about Ron's photo. But Ron is a bit of a cheery guy so a little smile is okay i guess. I assumed he "joined up" at the same time as his buddy Harry did.

Hermione joined Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures after her 7th year at Hogwarts. Different type of Identity No. because she was not an Auror.

Thanks mewmar. Not really looking for people to ooohhh and aaaww about stuff (although its nice) just want to make sure stuff does not get "lost in the machine" is all.

Blank ID "kit" coming soon.

bfd

These look great. I really love Hermione's picture. How its a slight smile, the kind you'd have when all of the sudden they point the camera in your face.

OK, so after some experimenting this is what I can up with for the Felix potion:
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i283/neo_nicole/100_8134.jpg

Its a really nice gold color in person. I didn't have much sunlight to take the pic so this is what I had to work with. I'm going to put the label on a little later, but I wanted to see what everyone thought about it.

Looks interesting, I like the gradation/separation of black and gold. Mind sharing the "secret formula"?? To be topped with a nice cork stopper no doubt?

And thanks everyone on the great response to the Ministry ID cards.

bfd

At first I tried baby oil, glitter and pearlized gold airbrush paint because it was really runny. However, it looked nasty and cloudy so I tried adding water and that didn't work either. So, after another trip to the craft store, I settled on Metalic gold facepaint with gold glitter! It's simple but looks nice. The black that you are seeing is just the shadow on the glitter at the top. There is a Cork stopper on top as well:) I'll try to get better pics tomorrow if I have time. I also have some metallic pink paint for the love potion.

I did want to try glitter in resin but the resin was too pricey.

OK, so after some experimenting this is what I can up with for the Felix potion:
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i283/neo_nicole/100_8134.jpg

Its a really nice gold color in person. I didn't have much sunlight to take the pic so this is what I had to work with. I'm going to put the label on a little later, but I wanted to see what everyone thought about it.

Nice job, I like the bottle you've used and like Barney said I also like the colour gradient even if it is a reflection of the light its awesome, looking forward to seeing it finished with the label.

Thanks! I put the paint in before the glitter so I had a hard time mixing them together. The glitter got stuck mostly in the neck of the bottle, but it looks nice. For the love potion I have silver glitter, I think that will look nice. Also, I need to clarify, I used poster paint, not facepaint. It was in a big bottle for $4.

Thanks! I put the paint in before the glitter so I had a hard time mixing them together. The glitter got stuck mostly in the neck of the bottle, but it looks nice. For the love potion I have silver glitter, I think that will look nice. Also, I need to clarify, I used poster paint, not facepaint. It was in a big bottle for $4.

maybe do a "how to make video" on youtube?

Anyone have a thought on what type of stories and layout are on the back page of the Daily Prophet?

I would think that maybe it would just be like a regular newspaper? The bigger and more important stories on the front, and then maybe just regular stories, like how in "muggle" newspaper there are wedding announcements and anniversaries, some even have birthdays. Maybe even a classifieds like section? I could help come up with some ideas for a story or stories and even write them, I just don't know how to edit them in or make them look like the pictures :( The ideas I can do. The making the look good, I can't :(

On the other hand, I have started an attempt of a "Draught of Peace" potions label. I got the words, and am pretty proud of them. Now I just have to figure out what kind of background to make and then I'll need to ask for help on how to give it a parchment background too :)

oOh .. Hi Hinkypunk! Can i make favor?!.. can you please post a quidditch programme and its tickets?!.. i'm getting tired for searching for the free quidditch programme and its tickets but i doesnt searched it!! hmm.. i've tried to make one for my but i cant.. Hinkypunk, I hope You will post it ... please!! and the last one is the Daily Prophet and what size of the paper is it???

I would think that maybe it would just be like a regular newspaper? The bigger and more important stories on the front, and then maybe just regular stories, like how in "muggle" newspaper there are wedding announcements and anniversaries, some even have birthdays. Maybe even a classifieds like section? I could help come up with some ideas for a story or stories and even write them, I just don't know how to edit them in or make them look like the pictures :( The ideas I can do. The making the look good, I can't :(

On the other hand, I have started an attempt of a "Draught of Peace" potions label. I got the words, and am pretty proud of them. Now I just have to figure out what kind of background to make and then I'll need to ask for help on how to give it a parchment background too :)

what sizes of the paper??!! thanks a Lot !! do you have the quidditch programme and its tickets? i've tried to make one for me but its hard to make and i cant!! thanks!!

what sizes of the paper??!! thanks a Lot !! do you have the quidditch programme and its tickets? i've tried to make one for me but its hard to make and i cant!! thanks!!

I have the quidditch program from the Film Wizardry book that I could scan for you tomorrow, if you would like. (I'm not too good at creating things from scratch). For the daily prophet, I'm not sure exactly what size they've used, but I do know there was a post earlier in this thread about it, I want to say on the first or second page. I might also have the tickets to the quidditch game, but I'll have to look and see what I can find. If its in that book and you want it, i can scan it for you, just let me know.

I have the quidditch program from the Film Wizardry book that I could scan for you tomorrow, if you would like. (I'm not too good at creating things from scratch). For the daily prophet, I'm not sure exactly what size they've used, but I do know there was a post earlier in this thread about it, I want to say on the first or second page. I might also have the tickets to the quidditch game, but I'll have to look and see what I can find. If its in that book and you want it, i can scan it for you, just let me know.

Ooh .. thanks a Lot jennifermalfoy, i'll wait that tomorrow!! ahaa :lol
uhmm.. thanks a lot again ..
can i ask ??.. where did you bought the Film Wizardry book and that still available??

Do a search on eBay, heaps on there..

film wizardry is aviliable anywhere you can get booksd really- try amazon, I'm not sure I would trust e-bay with that as the props could be removed- I get a lot of books from amazon, the low price makes up for the cost of shipping to australia- though I also frequent book shops, and bought my film wizardry from my favourite book shop here:)

as for the back of the Prophet, our papers here all have the sport on the back. I think at the start of half-blood prince you can see harry reading a prophet with a crossword on the back.

as for the slug club photos, I reckon they're pictures from slughorn's shelf.

Quidditch stuff: a lot of the things people are asking for are already availble- here's the program and ticket scans from somwhere:

maybe do a "how to make video" on youtube?

It's easy! (I did the amortentia a little different) First, put some glitter in the bottle, roll it around so it sticks to the insides. Fill half way with paint, cork it and give it a good shake. Repeat until the bottle is full! I will take pics of the amortentia later today along with the Felix with the label on.

Can't wait for the id kit :)

meldao: go back a few pages here and you will find a link to my photo bucket. in my photo bucket you will see the quidditch posters

Today I was searching in scribd and found some interesting things. Firstly these two are acceptance letteres and the affixed list.
harry potter acceptance letter
HogwartsAcceptanceLetter
not as good as the once here but they could serve a purpose, like small kids parties where they could end up in shreds.

there were also the previews for the unofficial cookbook and even a project from chamed knits (the scarf) if you have some time on your hands, I suggest you go and see what there is. My personal favourite was Harry potter and philosophy, being a philosophy nerdXD

edit: also, does anyone have scans from the gringotts saving book? I would buy it but that harry potter coin collection on the front really bugs me. I want it to feel real as a prop not as a collectible. If I have a good scan, I can cut some of the leather texture on paint and place it on the words. If someone, like me, keep the leather covers from journals, or even a journal can print it and glue it. Maybe even measure the inside pages and edit the pages to fit and glue them to the pages. It would be a really cool prop to have. we could print some of the Gringotts slips from here and put them inside as well, ready for use:)

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back