Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

Another thing luke, on your notes from the exhibition, when noble collection released Narcissa Malfoys wand, only HBP was out. The company designs the wandsfrom concept art and castings of the real wand. I have a copy of the narcissa malfoy wand concept art from HBP and nobles is spot on with it, down to a T! Like they have in the past, Leavesden Studios probably redesigned that wand from DH 1 and 2. Not knocking your notes ( for which i am forever greatful!!!) but i just wanted to clarify this point as i hear people constantly knocking this wand. If you ca t tell, its one of my favorites!!!! :)

Ok, I'll give them that, but that's no excuse for the ugly faux metal paint and half my little dots being broken off by the time I got my wand! And it's not an excuse for ALL the other crap we have to take from them because they're the only licensed maker. In fact, let me give you a condensed version of my most recent email to them:

Hello, my name is Luke. I noticed that the [display versions of your] wands [for sale at the HP exhibit] were considerably heavier, thicker, sturdier, and painted nicer than mine...I am very confused and annoyed...inferior...without knowing it!...more than one bad experience...don't exacerbate...poor opinion of the workmanship...I [was] thrown aside...inconsistent service and quality...god-awful.

Thanks,
Luke Forester

About NickiLenart, the only reason I asked was so that I could ask him if he was ever going to give us the Potion making and Beedle bard stuff.

Actually Draco gets his Mothers wand in the movie and they made her a new one to stay true to the story line, It would look funny if in the scene where draco tells Harry in the room or requirement he has his mothers wand and wants his back from Harry then His mother is outside with the same wand unable to find Draco.
A new wand similar to her old one but different was fashioned for the last movie.

With that said if you look at the screen shot of Dobby holding her wand which he does take, it looks like the the one that noble does not make (the other one) but if it was her main wand how does draco get it in the next movie? hmm Movie flub (Just believe its possible)

Edit: Dobby dropped it, yea thats the ticket.... We just didnt see it happen.... Yea that works... sorta kinda

Edit 2: I just skipped around DH part 2 and I cant even find a scene where shes holding a wand, Does anybody remember a scene with her in it holding a wand??

Last edited:
The envelope that Dumbledore leaves is in the first movie, http://images.wikia.com/harrypotter/images/6/6f/BabyHarryLeftAtPrivetDrive.jpg sorry, its so blurry, but that was all that I could find so far. I was reading somewhere (I'll have to go back and find it) about that letter, and what would be in it (there is no picture of it, so it would all be an assumption). I'll see what I could do to write it up so it would fit with the rest if you would want to make it? I don't know how to do the fonts, but I'll do the writing if you like :)

And the others that you did are wonderful! I wish I had that talent...

Oh...that letter. I'll take a look see.

Actually Draco gets his Mothers wand in the movie and they made her a new one to stay true to the story line, It would look funny if in the scene where draco tells Harry in the room or requirement he has his mothers wand and wants his back from Harry then His mother is outside with the same wand unable to find Draco.
A new wand similar to her old one but different was fashioned for the last movie.

With that said if you look at the screen shot of Dobby holding her wand which he does take, it looks like the the one that noble does not make (the other one) but if it was her main wand how does draco get it in the next movie? hmm Movie flub (Just believe its possible)

Edit: Dobby dropped it, yea thats the ticket.... We just didnt see it happen.... Yea that works... sorta kinda

Edit 2: I just skipped around DH part 2 and I cant even find a scene where shes holding a wand, Does anybody remember a scene with her in it holding a wand??

:eek it all made sense then just went :wacko

Well iv just orded her wand in the ollivanders box yeh i know its not being made but i found a site in the uk that has all 16 wands :D, i have the new charater narcissa wand and the ollivanders :L

Luke,
I just wanted to say thank you for your great notes from the exhibit!!! I just got a chance to look over it this morning, it will really help me when I start making my books. It will make it so much easier looking for appropriate size books to use :)

bfd,
Great job on the Disciplinary Letters. I LOVE them :)

MINISTRY OF MAGIC VISITORS BADGE

You'll need one of these next time you go to the Ministry.

It's from scratch based on the image in the Film Wizardry book. So it's not perfect but its perfectly close. ;)

I don't know the actual dimensions but I made it 4.7" high x 3" wide based on the h to w ratio of the image in the book. It seems like a good size for a badge. I'm gonna laminate it and attach a lanyard to it.

I provided one with no background and one with a light cream background.

bfd

Hey everyone! I want to say that this is an awesome thread and I wish I had the skills to contribute something it.

I know I'm brand new to this forum and thread so I'm not sure if I can make any requests, but I was wondering if I could ask for some help with something I've made.

Last night I had a go at making my own Felix Felicis potion label. However, I'm not sure how to make it more like those labels on the first page. The bottle I plan on using for this potion is the #4 bottle. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35771395@N06/6013708662/

If this link doesn't work, let me know please.
Thanks in advanced!

Link says private, you may have to go into settings and make public........

Hey everyone! I want to say that this is an awesome thread and I wish I had the skills to contribute something it.

I know I'm brand new to this forum and thread so I'm not sure if I can make any requests, but I was wondering if I could ask for some help with something I've made.

Last night I had a go at making my own Felix Felicis potion label. However, I'm not sure how to make it more like those labels on the first page. The bottle I plan on using for this potion is the #4 bottle. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35771395@N06/6013708662/

Thanks in advanced!

felix felicis | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Thanks in advanced!

that is actually quite good :) especially better than something I could do :lol

I downloaded a 30 day free trial of photoshop and I literally have no idea how to use it. I feel like a total idiot! haha. I just need to play around with it a little more and everything I guess

Thanks in advanced!

Hi Neo1Nicole: what you need is a graphics program of some sort that you place things in layers over one another. In this case you would create a background for the text and then lay the text or graphics over that.

I can help with your label if you like.

bfd

I am interested in trying my hand at making something, so I can contribute to this as well. What is the easiest way to make the parchment looking background? I don't have photoshop, but I do have paint.net which I like a lot. I have a few ideas of some things I'd like to make, once I can get started. :)

that is actually quite good :) especially better than something I could do :lol

I downloaded a 30 day free trial of photoshop and I literally have no idea how to use it. I feel like a total idiot! haha. I just need to play around with it a little more and everything I guess

Thanks! It was just done in Flickr. I really love all the fonts that they have in their editing tool. I only have the free account, but its still fun to mess around with. I have tried Photoshop as well, and its allot to learn. I also have GIMP which is like PS, but its all free. I was trying to make promo pics for my movie and it was just too complicated, so thats why I like Flickr.

Hi Neo1Nicole: what you need is a graphics program of some sort that you place things in layers over one another. In this case you would create a background for the text and then lay the text or graphics over that.

I can help with your label if you like.

bfd
I would try and looking for one when I have some time. You can take a crack at it you'd like:thumbsup! I'm going to make a couple potions sometime soon with these bottles. I found a neat way to make them online but I just need a little extra money.

Thanks in advanced!
If you want, can I also suggest you try to tea stain some normal printer paper, find a nice shape if you don't have one in mind already, for the lable, print your design and cut out the shape?

The paper comes out really nice. You can do that until you figure out programs. I'm rubbish at any graphic design and I tend to do things by hand. It amazes me what you can do with old looking paper and a sharpie:)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back