Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

As for the edges there is for sure one copy in a scene from the movie that exhibits silver gilded edges. (The Gryffindor common room, where they pass the book around Harry.) I've reviewed it several times and it's definitely reflecting the light quite strongly. I've noticed there are some close ups of the cover in a couple of scenes, and they are actually different in wear and texture.

Really great to have some notes of some of the props, thanks again!

Hmm... well, what can I tell you? The copy I saw didn't have silver, but there are three possible explanations for this.
1. The silver is only on the top and side, not on the bottom, the way the book was positioned made is very difficult to see the side and impossible to see the top
2. Variation, variation, variation. It's a universal excuse for not 100% SA props.
3. The Mira and Eduardo may very well have done exactly what we do, slap a printed cover on old books, and in this case, staple or sew in some specific pages. They could've used one book that had the silver, and one the didn't

PS: When I finally do find the time to make my HBP potions book, I do want the silver, how would I put that on the pages?

Thanks Luke, a very interesting read indeed. Thanks for the props for the Life & Lies spine, yeah the one I based mine on is the one we see when Hermione picks it up in Bathilda's house but later in the forest we see Harry reading it and the back is quite different, you can see a bit of this in the Film WIzardry book. I hope you enjoyed the tour and I really look forward to seeing the time turner you have so pain stakingly worked on putting together.

@Luke, yea for sure there were variations. The silver does finish off the book pretty nicely though, kinda of matching the silver accents on the cover and spine. I've tried using silver leaf on mine, but that was messy and not that clean looking. What I did end up doing was getting a chrome/metallic spray paint and using that. I just made sure the parts that I didn't want sprayed were covered or masked off, and put a weight on top of the pages to make sure the paint would not go in between the pages. (When I did this the cover of my book was separated from the book pages, so it was easier.) just give it light sprays to make sure it doest get wet and sloppy. Usually the mist is pretty fine, and I was surprised at how smoothly it covered the edges. It's reflective, but not as reflective as real gilding, but it's ok, the book is all beat up anyway lol.

so i know in the movie the edges of the pages are green.. my question would be what can i use to make it green with out it looking bad? :confused i was thinking a green highlighter but im not sure

or do you guys think i should just leave it as is? :confused

img-thing

Can someone get a high res pic of this signature please? I'm trying to make the advanced potion making book and i want the signature from the movie. :)

Amazing work in here guys.. I'm in a pickle though.. What people have printed out etc looks amazing, but here in Australia, printing places are crap.. The big one for us is Office Works, and all they do is frak things up for me.. I don't have a printer either..

I'd get some of eBay, but don't want to give money to those ripping off the amazing work of the RPFers..

So I'm wondering, is there anyone that can do me up a bunch of paper props.. Talking the textbooks, letters, potions etc.. Pretty much everything in here.. LOL.. Also, using the best quality paper etc for everything to make it all look the best it can.. I'll pay for resources and time etc.. PM me if you can help out.. Thanx..

Amazing work in here guys.. I'm in a pickle though.. What people have printed out etc looks amazing, but here in Australia, printing places are crap.. The big one for us is Office Works, and all they do is frak things up for me.. I don't have a printer either..

I'd get some of eBay, but don't want to give money to those ripping off the amazing work of the RPFers..

So I'm wondering, is there anyone that can do me up a bunch of paper props.. Talking the textbooks, letters, potions etc.. Pretty much everything in here.. LOL.. Also, using the best quality paper etc for everything to make it all look the best it can.. I'll pay for resources and time etc.. PM me if you can help out.. Thanx..

I know ecl can, in that she has the materials, tools, and skillzz at her disposal. However, you'll have to ask her if she's actually willing to do it. I will be able to soonish... but I need materials, practice, and a new printer (which I'm getting soon!)

so i know in the movie the edges of the pages are green.. my question would be what can i use to make it green with out it looking bad? :confused i was thinking a green highlighter but im not sure

or do you guys think i should just leave it as is? :confused

Both elliotstone and I have used Green highlighters, and I must say that after several layers it starts to look really good! I highly recommend doing that!
But, depending on your book, it may take some time, so be prepared to be patient!

Top-notch work Luke! You are a gentleman and a scholar! (Ravenclaw by chance?) Thanks for sharing your research!:thumbsup

Well thank you for that! I want to be a gryffindor, and in some ways I am, but I guess the conclusive test will be JK Rowling's on Pottermore! I can't wait to find out for sure!
But I was doing the research anyway, and I haven't exactly been a productive member on this thread so I wanted some way to share something useful with everyone here! So I'm happy to give it to you guys
@everyone, if you have any questions about anything in the exhibit (in my notes or not), ask me while the memory is fresh in my head!

I know ecl can, in that she has the materials, tools, and skillzz at her disposal. However, you'll have to ask her if she's actually willing to do it. I will be able to soonish... but I need materials, practice, and a new printer (which I'm getting soon!)

Thanks, but I'm actually a he :lol:lol But I've never mentioned it lol. I may be be able to help print some of it depending on what kind of paper I have and my schedule as well. Small stuff like labels etc. should be no problem.

thanks for the comments on my family tree- a saw a version of this on the internet but was a bit crowded and messy, so I made my own. mine is based on exsisting family trees and infomation from the Harry Potter wiki. the Black family goes a couple more generations than on the official released version, as the movie makers were apprantly given one that went that far back, according to the HP wiki, which also had the names.

I just noticed the Nymphadora Tonks isn't connected to her parents, but that's easy to fix-just add a line.

and yes, there are a few instances of cousins marrying each other-the wiki suggested that incest caused the gaunts to be 'mentally unstable'! some connections were educated guesses-e.g. Charlus Potter is on the black family tree and lived about the right time to be James' father- so I put them as such.

@epilepticsquirl : Amazing box! She will be so happy to receive it!! :)

To all the other amazing prop makers: I would love to make this shirt Hermione wears in The Half Blood prince! As a MASSIVE Hermione fan, it would be a dream to wear it !
Has anyone ever seen the gryffindor patch design on the shirt?
Or would anyone be able to recreate it?

Thanks SO much in advance!!

@AnneleenDeVree, with the graphics, a maroon tee shirt, and an iron, that should be relatively easy to make. A few pages back someone poste really hi res crests, but in black and white, you would need to color them your self, which is really easy, even in something like Paint[brush].

EDIT: THIS WAS MY 400th POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!

Last edited:
@epilepticsquirl : Amazing box! She will be so happy to receive it!! :)

To all the other amazing prop makers: I would love to make this shirt Hermione wears in The Half Blood prince! As a MASSIVE Hermione fan, it would be a dream to wear it !
Has anyone ever seen the gryffindor patch design on the shirt?
Or would anyone be able to recreate it?

Thanks SO much in advance!!

Anneleen checkout this site Gryffindor Patches Patches, Pins, Shirts, Costume Patch Accessories and more at SciFiGeeks.com - Patches, Pins, Shirts, Costume Patch Accessories and more at SciFiGeeks.com

bfd

Thanks, but I'm actually a he :lol:lol But I've never mentioned it lol. I may be be able to help print some of it depending on what kind of paper I have and my schedule as well. Small stuff like labels etc. should be no problem.

Gah! Sorry, I just kind of have these litle subconscious images of everyone that get made the first time I see their name, avatar, and read one of their posts. I don't think you have specified your gender before... I will try and transform your little image to a guy now!

@LukeForester: I was planning to do that :) Just print it on the paper and iron it on! Thanks!
@Bfd: Thanks alot!! :) Those designs look identical!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back