Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

:lolYea I'm on a worn book phase haha. I really want to make a "Dark Arts Defense Basics for Beginners book" ever since I saw that high rez photo posted a while ago..but finding a suitable hardcover might be harder for that one because of the specific magenta fabric spine its got...

Vossart, It was made the same way as my potions book; the image was printed on printmaking paper via inkjet, and then spray mounted onto a pre-existing book cover! (which I removed the pages from and will likely rebind someday in the future..) Then sanded with sandpaper, and touched up with foil and acrylic/acrylic medium.

Last edited:
woozelmom, the brand is just called "Liquid Leaf", I used the brass color as their gold is actually kind of reddish looking. I got it from Michael's, the craftstore!

Collector, those labels look really awesome! I agree, that Wizarding book is a wealth of awesomeness and full of references. Really one of the best film design books i've seen.

Hi E,
Thanks so much, I will have to pick some up and start experimenting with it. I think I can use it for quite a few projects I have in mind :)

Woozelmom, you're welcome! Just to let you know the stuff smells really strong, so it's good to have the cap on while you are not dipping into it!

I'm so embarrassed asking this; but could someone dumb it down to me on how I can make this to size where I can properly print the book covers?

I'm so sorry about this question and I'm going to kick myself when someone tells me, but any help would be awesome!

I'm so embarrassed asking this; but could someone dumb it down to me on how I can make this to size where I can properly print the book covers?

I'm so sorry about this question and I'm going to kick myself when someone tells me, but any help would be awesome!

Well, I don't know how others do it (I am hoping to learn something myself from other replies that you get :)) but, I have a program on my computer called "Picture It" I will save an image on my computer and then open it with my "Picture It" program. I will crop the image, clean it up if I need to and then resize it. I choose the option to "Change Size" and then put in the size I need it to be. When I print it out I choose "Custom Size" and the size I had selected will be there and I print.
I would assume that the steps would be different with the program that you have to use.
Does anyone else have any suggestions??

@AGreenerScene, no problem at all, you need to use photoshop (or similar) and make a different layer for each part of the book (front, spine, and back) and then resize each piece to the book you are using. If you do not have a program that can do this I would be happy to help :)

@Hinky or bfd, I am working on Lockhart's "A year with the yeti" book cover, however, as mah skillz are not quite up to par, could I send one of you a PSD with everything I can do, done, and then you finish? Do a joint project?

woozelmom & lukeforester1...

I have GIMP and everything you both said should sound simple, but jet lag has turned my brain into mush! I just got back from London not even five hours ago...
lukeforester1, thank you for the offer! If I continue to stare at GIMP for another hour, I might just have to take you up on it.

Thank you both!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back