Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

@NickiLenart: Sorry about that! I had saved the file that I started to work off of a while ago and really was not certain where it originally came from (Then I used my Film Wizardry Book and screen shots as reference to modify it. The other props I did were modified from scans from the wizardry book/orlando products. I certainly didn't intend to say I did everything from scratch but should have mentioned it!

Here's the modified full file; it isn't super sharp but when printed it works fine: http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/2223/bbard.jpg

And progress on the cover so far; I'm using liquid leaf to paint on the gold parts.

88689229.jpg

Last edited:
It's fine :)
Oh btw guys I finally found out what Pottermore is. I'm amazed, can't wait for tomorrow to play it ^_^ According to sneak peak it will be phenomenal.

@nickilenart: Cant wait to see the beedle the bard inside!!!! Im practically squirming with anticipation!!! Any thoughts on when youll put it up here?? :))

@Gryffindor1991: Here's a Letter of Acceptance for Ron Weasley.

I corrected the typos and revised the address to "The Room in the Attic" to be more in keeping with the address to Harry.

By the way, nice job on revising the original letter just using paint. That must have been a lot of work. :thumbsup

If someone can think of a suitable address for Hermione, I'll do a letter for her.

bfd

That looks fantastic! I like "The Room in the Attic" better. "The Attic Room" was just too short.

Yeah using paint took a lot of patience that I really don't have. I was shocked when I actually finished it because normally I would've given up for a while. It took a while because I had to copy each individual letter and paste it and move it in to place.

Hinky...
That must be a lousy feeling. To be so talented and not have anything that really strikes your fancy at the moment. Is there anything that you have started and put on the back burner for any reason? Is there something that you sort of thought about but couild not get motivated? You might have to revisit some of your past projects for new inspiration. We totally understand when someone hits the wall and just can't semm to get into the groove for a project.
It will come to you!

@nicki lenart, how did you find out?! and
WHAT. IS. IT?!
please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please PLEASE tell us! (I typed all of those please's, not c+p, just so you no THAT much extra work went into asking)
Also, did you ever finish Adv. Potion making? I'd LOVE to look at it if you want to share!

hehe..... look what page we're on..........

@SchubroProductions, I find a book that is comparable in in dimension ratios and then go into PS and resize the graphic to make sure it fits the front, spine, and back perfectly!

@CharmedOne14: I do the same thing that Luke mentioned above. All I did was go to the bookstore and looked for a book that seemed suitable in size and proportion, and basically just spray glued the printed cover onto it (I did add about a .5" margin to wrap around the cover). It's actually surprisingly easy to find something that will work because a lot of books have standardized sizes it seems. In my case, I just took out the pages so I only had the cover left to work on. I will eventually rebind these myself with blank paper.

The beedle bard book was originally a sea creature book I found in the discount section that looked amazingly close in size! I didn't even have to change the graphics to get it to fit. I did the same thing with my potions book, which was originally a blank hardcover journal.

@ecl that is so cool! I may do the same thing--but I am re-working the Beetle the Bard pages (from the real book) to fit the new movie-inspired book and writing Dumbledore's handwritten notes in and Hermione's as well.

P.S I am taking red food dye and making the red stain on the cover too :p

@CharmedOne14: That would be awesome, to have the actual text with the original cover!

I've attached two scans of the book covers i've worked on. Maybe it will give some people ideas as to putting wear on the books. It's actually not that difficult, but it's important to use the right materials/paper, and if you want to go even further some acrylic paint/matte medium to add some dark color washes, and some fine grit sandpaper.

The foil doesn't scan well, which is why the text looks blackish on the potions book. Foil is another story and nearly made me nuts trying to get it right, and even then some parts are still not ideally aligned. The Beedle Book is not done yet, I have to fix the back cover because it got misaligned, so I only scanned the front :(

I've been spending too much time adding wear and getting things printed right, I got kind of obsessed with it and will take a break hehe

71222222.jpg

and here's a link to a higher res image: http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/6757/32449760.jpg

Last edited:
Luke,
Good to know. What did you end up using for the spine and back on your Life and Lies book? I believe only the front cover is on the first page.

If you look back at my pictures you'll notice there is no back or spine to be found! I didn't use anything, I just glued the front to my book (which is actually 10x harder than doing an entire book). I only display the front in my room so it works out. If Hinky (or anyone) makes a spine and back I will gladly use those too!

Her possible address could be:

Ms. H. Granger,
First Floor bedroom near Stairs,
8, Heathgate,
Barnet,
LONDON

Explanation: And after all, DH1 film shows this particular address as the place where she lives which totally match up with clues we got.

Hi there Nicki. Where in DH1 does it show the address? Not that i doubt you but I don't remember seeing any reference to an address for Hermione.

If it is in the movie, that's good enough for me to use as her address.

bfd

Hi there Nicki. Where in DH1 does it show the address? Not that i doubt you but I don't remember seeing any reference to an address for Hermione.

If it is in the movie, that's good enough for me to use as her address.

bfd

I just ran the address Nicki provided for Hermione through Google Maps and the location it shows in the street view is indeed the house Hermione steps out of and walks down the street toward the church.

Since there is no mention of her address in any of the books, the movies are the next canon so that is the address I'll use for her acceptance letter.

bfd

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back