Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

do you guys think jk rowling will ever make a hogwarts textbook series? and the graphic designers in harry potter would mass produce them with the movie version?

Its always possible. She claims shes done with Harry Potter, but she said she was going to do the encyclopedia. She said she may come back to Harry in 10 years. Maybe if she does she will do something like that as a side think the Beedle the Bard, Fantastic Beasts, and Quidditch Through the Ages.

I've actually written "Hogwarts: A History". Its about a 40,000 word book

I attempted to do that. I even made up some stuff that seemed to go along with it. I had it divided into chapters and everything. I had a chapter on lessons, the castle, the founding, the Triwizard Tournament, Quidditch and something else.

We've known Hinky to be famous for years....:thumbsup...she's our HERO! :D

Geez...what kind of printer do you have that you can print a 13" x 19" image!!!! bfd

I've got an HP 450 C that will do up to 36" wide x 150 yards long, or individual sheets....I use it for blueprints, patterns, etc...it's really handy for doing posters (if the image resolution is tight enough)....:cool

Rob

How do you put a product up for sale asking 35 bucks for it (plus S & H) and provide s***ty pictures like that??

They basically just pasted a printed cover on an old textbook and "meticulously aged" it (ie. beat it up using some of the methods described here)

Sorry to sound a little pissy about this but...really??

I can't tell, anybody think this is a Hinky cover?

yes its a Hinky cover. That guy is an RPFer. I don't know if I'm pleased or angry.

As far as Hogwarts: A History, I don't know what I'm going to do with it. I've been working on novels for the better part of 10 years and this was one I did about 3 years ago. Most of my novels are around 60,000 words but a lot of this book is stuff that was made up to ties the pieces together. I've always wanted to send it to JK Rowling or something but after the whole lawsuit with the guy that tried to do the encyclopedia, I'm honestly afraid to.

@Norbert yeah but she stated that she won't do schoolbooks anymore. You've got that on her website. Btw, amazing job with that proclamation ^^

@Hinky, I've been doing the same thing for 9 years, I've got full room of scripts, and I've been thinking the same way as you, but after that mess with Steve Vander Ark I though it's better to keep it for my own amusement :S

I heard her say in an interview that she isn't at all against writing more hp stuff, but she feels she's done with these characters, which is a good stopping point and she needs a break. She said if she ever does write more it won't be about the characters we know, it'll be about the wizarding world in general. What are a lot of these textbooks about? THE WIZARDING WORLD! So... We can hope!

IDK, I can still see MY imperfections on this book.. I can see what you mean about the G, and the M is different, but I still see some of the things that I messed up on my design on this book.

I'm going to assume that it isn't mine for now, but its still odd, because hes an rpfer, I've seen his work before.

guess we'll see what happens

How do you put a product up for sale asking 35 bucks for it (plus S & H) and provide s***ty pictures like that??

They basically just pasted a printed cover on an old textbook and "meticulously aged" it (ie. beat it up using some of the methods described here)

Sorry to sound a little pissy about this but...really??

I can't tell, anybody think this is a Hinky cover?

Playing devil's advocate here. . . Even if she or he is an RPFer, who cares? This info is provided to all. As far as I can tell, the images should belong to Warner Brothers since thats where the idea for all this stuff came from. If someone wants to take the initiative to glue printouts to a book and age it, apparently there's a market for it or it wouldn't have sold, I say go for it. So I guess I'm asking, who cares who made the cover since it was originally copied from the movie anyhow? And how can you say that the book is crap without seeing it? It may be as good as the one used in the movie. Who knows? Well, I guess whomever bought it will know since it sold. I've been a member of the 501st Legion for a while now and have learned not to underestimate the talents of prop builders.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back