Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

@Norbert: Its still hard to read the text at the bottom. Is this image the same size as what you are working on in photoshop? The actual image size you provided is only 3.125" x 4.72" so that's why its hard to see the writing at the bottom.

I think the proclamations are around 11" x 17" but I have have seen them at 8.5" x 11" too. If you want to be able to read all the text on the proclamation you will have to resize your original and bump up the resolution to 300dpi.

bfd

I'm having problems with alot of the pictures in post no.1. It only shows photobucket sybols. Anyone know why? Great tread by the way!

@Sentar - Im doing a lot of modifications to the first post. Unfortunately, I didn't get to finish it before work today, so some of the links are dead ATM. I apologize for the inconvenience, should be fixed tonight

Hi Everyone,
Just got home from work and wow there are alot of posts :0)

@lemonlemonuk- great job with your books!! Love them!! I will put your Quidditch book on my to do list. I love the back cover artwork :0)

@ Hinky- so glad that you are famous :0) You were always famous to us!!! I wish I knew how to do the books too with fabric printed covers like real books :0( It really does make them look so real especially after the destressing is done.

Sandpaper, a little stain, dirt, scratch them up, etc.
Pretty much anything goes. take it to whatever level you want.

By the way, check your local dollar store for blank canvas sheets for printing the book covers onto.

bfd

I'm working on making some replicas of the Undesirable No. 1 posters and I printed a version on some printmaking paper, which has a very fiber like texture to it, and a very light cream color; feels very nice in the hands. So far it seems it makes a pretty good surface! This one was printed out of my printer at 13" x 19" (This was a test print that got smeared a lttle)

1-6.jpg

3-1.jpg

2.jpg

On the very last line of the poster there are a bunch of numbers that I tried to replicate, but some of them were hard to read so I tried to get it as close as possible.

I may try to make a screen print of this at a 11" x 17" size on the same paper, hopefully that will work out!

Poster looks good, I kind of like the smear, it adds realism.

Geez...what kind of printer do you have that you can print a 13" x 19" image!!!!

bfd

The poster looks great as does the Qudditch book cover, thats another item I'll have to add to list of items to get printed :)

On a side note I got Harry's illuminating wand today from Noble, its awesome :) Lumos

Actually, this is Hogwarts: A History, by Hinky

However, I've recently obtain the film wizardry book and discovered that pattern is actually inside the book and I may scan it and redo HAH because I really wanted a copy of that but.... I just hate that cover. Not just what I created, but thats just a dumb design IMO

I can't agree more, I had to go to the Film Wizardry book to check it out, they blurred out the titles on that page for some reason. That is really not what I pictured. I always pictured it as some reference book (see photo). The one in the Wizarding Book looks like a diary.

Don't know much about the Potter universe, but the quality of the reproductions in here is top notch. Hinkypunk is really knocking those out of the park. :cool

do you guys think jk rowling will ever make a hogwarts textbook series? and the graphic designers in harry potter would mass produce them with the movie version?

@sonicfreak04 JKR won't write a hogwarts textbooks, ever. She's done with Harry Potter, and started something new, however the last jkr book about harry will be harry potter encyclopedia.
As for graphic designers they don't think warner bros. will do that. :s

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back