Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

Hi bfd,
My hat is off to you with your images for the memo. I have done origami before so that might have helped me a bit but your work was pretty clear. What I did was use my light box. I put the guide lines you had and taped them to my light then lined up the actual memo with the guide and taped in place. I used a embossing tool and a ruler to go over the fold lines. It made the actunal folding very crisp and easy :) I did use your suggestion of finding a chocolate bar with a gold foil liner. Is it my fault that I HAD to buy a Godivia chocolate bar :rolleyes It was a nice treat as I was putting this memo together.
For the book, I just used Aleene's Super Thick Tacky Glue. I just squeeze some from the bottle and then use a squeegy (I use old bank cards or matte board) and pull a thin coat on the cover of the book and then carefully place the image on. You really only have one shot at it. This glue is really tacky. Then I take a brayer (don't know if that is how you spell it) and roll over the cover to take out any air bubbles.
On this book I just glued the front and back cover on. I had cropped out the spine because I had to fool with the sizing to have it fit my book and then I overlapped a bit of the spine to the front and back covers.
Whenever I cover a book I like to have the covers a bit bigger so that I can roll it to the inside of the book. My computer with my graphics program isn't working at the moment so I couldn't adjust Hinky's image to do that but the colors of her artwork matched the cover of the book so it was perfect :lol I am very happy with the outcome!!! I hope when Hinky comes back on the forum she likes it too (she says with fingers crossed)

thank you for sharing, I wonder if somebody has seen in the 10 proclamations harry potter and if there is possibility to share thank you in advance

Hi,
The best advice I can offer to anyone having trouble folding the memo is this, score your lines for your folds before you fold them. It makes a straighter, cleaner fold. You can use a knitting needle, bone folder, ballpoint pen that is out of ink (that's important because you don't want to leave any ink marks on your paper). I have even used a pencil diameter dowel that I sharpened in a pencil sharpener and then rounded the tip ever so slightly to take the pointy point off of it as you don't want to rip or cut your paper when you score it. I used my light box to line up the images on my memo with the images on the lined guide sheet. If you don't have a light box, tape your papers to a window during the day and let the sun be your light source :) Another thing I did was cut my memo's square before I did the folding.
When you look at the fold placement guide you will see that some lines say valley and some say ridge. A valley fold is a fold that forms a valley. Imagine opening a birthday card. The fold you see inside the card is a valley fold. The ridge fold is just the opposite. It is also called a mountain fold because it forms a mountain. Like the fold on the outside of the birthday card. I hope that I was able to help you. I am sure that bfd can probably say it better for you and I'm sure that he will when he sees your questions.
Don't give up though because it is definitely worth the effort :)
Oh, the memo is made up of two sheets. I folded each one individually and then put them together as I made the finished memo.
I hope I am explaining this right. I have a hard time giving clear directions sometimes :$

@woozelmom: your explanation for folding the memo was better than what I could have come up with! Ya just gots to be patient...that's for sure. It took me many tries to get the folds right because I did not score the folds first.

@lukeforester1: the OWLs Exam and posters look great. For the price Staples charges to print the larger stuff it is a good deal.

Here's the W.O.M.B.A.T. Grade 2 fail letters and pass certificates.

Last edited:
Thanks bfd. I know that I am a visual learner and I do better seeing something done than reading or verbally given direction so sometimes it is hard for me to write out directions :0( Thanks for all of the Grade 2 Wombats, letters and certificates. What size paper do you need for the letters and certificates?
I really want the Daily Prophets. I guess I will have to have them printed at Staples. I guess this question is for lukeforester1, how much does Staples charge to print them?

It was about a dollar a piece for the daily prophets, not bad at all, then I sticky thanked them to my wall. The OWL's were more expensive because the long piece (wing 1) had to be printed on specialty paper (which just so happens to NOT be foldable) and that one piece of paper was $7!
And really, I'm dying for my Godiva bar, someone, PLEASE help me with the paper plane (spelt correctly this time) would pics of how I'm doing so far make it easier to explain? My Half M's for the ministry ar on the outside, idk how this happened

Hi lukeforester1,
The half-M's should be on the sides of the paper. When the memo is finished being folded the half-M's will meet and make a whole M with the wand in the center.
I don't know how to do a video or I would make a tutorial for you :unsure

I know you said you work visually, but can you just try to explain how to go from half Ms on the outside to Full in the middle? please!

EDIT: YAY! 32 pages!

@lukeforester1: All I can offer to help is look at the pictures in post #423 on Page 17 of this thread. It shows the memo in various stages and angles. Hopefully it will help.

bfd

bfd had posted some pretty good pics so I will repost them here. Take another look and see now that you are working on it yourself, maybe it will make more sense.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back