Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

I remembered a paper prop no one has made yet but its really complicated. In OOTP the origami dragon that umbridge burns... id love to have one but im clueless on how to make one...

For those interested in making a Black Pepper Imps box, I was stumbling around online and actually found the ORIGINAL box that the art department used to base the Imps box on! All they really did was replace the labels. Even the label color looks about the same. I was really surprised to find it. Hopefully when it arrives it's the same and wasn't changed. If you look up "Yuen Kut Lam" you'll find several references to it on Google.

Here's a swatch of the prop on a trading card,
zwxyh.jpg

Here's an image of the real thing, It's a chinese herbal tea box.
51iksnppd1lsl500aa300.jpg

I bought one from Amazon will convert it to an imps box based on designs found in the wizarding book and references.

Here is the box available on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Yuen-Kut-Lams-Kam-Char/dp/B000RI368I

Last edited:
I remembered a paper prop no one has made yet but its really complicated. In OOTP the origami dragon that umbridge burns... id love to have one but im clueless on how to make one...
I think I know what your talking about.:) I found this picture of it, but it wasnt allowing me to save it... go to this web address to see it.
ƒnƒŠ[Eƒ|ƒbƒ^[‚Æ•sŽ€’¹‚Ì‹RŽm’c[Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix]
I actually think it's an origami bird of some sort.

wooohoo Pottermore, can't wait to see it.

@PotionMistress, thanks for posting that Imps graphic! It looks really unique, I like the style of it.

MINISTRY REPRIMAND ENVELOPE - EYES, MOUTH & SEAL

Here's something really silly.

You know how the envelope turns around and morphs eyes and then the seal turns into a mouth? Well...I thought it might be kind of fun to have a version of the envelope with the eyes and mouth.

The stamp I had not made when I provided the envelope.

Attached here is a half size sample. The full size image is on the first page of this thread under (all together now) BARNEYRFD'S STUFF - Goblet of Fire (yes I know it is the wrong movie, I'll revise it sometime down the road).

The mouth goes just below the top flap and the eyes go just above the mouth alongside the angles of the top flap just like they are laid out on the sheet.

bfd

Oooh, Pottermore is driving me crazy!!!
Does anyone know how we are supposed to enter?

@barney: Thanks for letting me know how to post pictures! First I'll have to resize them before I can put them up :)

I agree Pottermore is such a tease lol. I guess we have to answer a bunch of questions and something about a magic quill??? I have no idea :(

Hi, this is my first post on the rpf. In fact I joined because of this wonderful thread. There are so many nice things here. I like props, but did not know the term paper props before I found therpf. I like to do parops with papermache and such but I can't do something graphically to save my life. I just wanted to say I appreciate every one's work and hopefully with time and more references there will be a bunch more of paper props. I already printed the basilisk page, but still have to tea stain the other side. Thanks to this thread I found myself in love with tea/coffe staining, in fact today I have another session planned. I also did RAB's note, though I printed it bigger than it's supposed to. I even figured out how to fold it like the reference pics, but then I discovered the youtube vid and it's different than mine. The lines are the same though. I also found a nice label shape and with a sharpie drew it on a tea stained leftover paper and then found a nice font, wrote online a potion's name and copied it by hand. They come really nice. I suggest these shapes for those that want to try them: http://www.happyscrappinscrapbooking.com/mm5/graphics/jbs211.jpg
http://www.lovemyqkutz.com/media/ca...06f020e43594a9c230972d/C/C/CC-SHAPE-3-026.gif

I'll continue waiting eagerly to see what everyone does.

Oooh, Pottermore is driving me crazy!!!
Does anyone know how we are supposed to enter?

@barney: Thanks for letting me know how to post pictures! First I'll have to resize them before I can put them up :)

it's now!!! Go to http://www.pottermore.com/
answer the clue and add the answer after the url : http://quill.pottermore.com/
i.e. http://quill.pottermore.com/answer
then you'll be taking to catch the magic quill!
once you catch the right one,
it will show you the way to registration!!
I am now waiting for my confirmation email :wacko

Last edited:
Yes I'm waiting as well on the confirmation email. It says it might take several weeks

:confusedno... it seems the validation email is coming within 48hours!

Once you have chosen your username and clicked the ‘Create my account’ button, you will be sent a Pottermore validation email. You will need to click on the link in this email to complete the registration process within 48 hours of receipt. This email will arrive after you submit your registration, so keep checking your inbox. Make sure you check the ‘junk mail’ folder in case it accidentally gets placed there.

Welcome email is the one that you are picked to have early access (in different period)!

Please note that we will not be enabling early access to the site straight away. Once The Magical Quill challenge is over, we will send successful early access registrants a Welcome email, letting them know when they will be able to access Pottermore. We won’t be able to let everyone into the Beta site at the same time; you may have to wait a few weeks for your Welcome email to arrive.

I have been waiting for more than 90mins.... :cry

I don't think I've ever been so disappointed in regards to something Harry Potter related. :cry I live on the east coast so I woke up at 7:30 (I was going to wake up earlier but I over slept) and checked and it was closed :( so not fair. now I have to wait until tomorrow.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back