Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

I still haven't received hardly any submissions for the front page. As a matter of fact, only ECL and Wooze have emailed me.

Once again, this thread is massive, and trying to find stuff on it is nearly impossible. If you want your stuff added to the front page, you have to email it to me.

No, it is completely redone by me. The font is one I worked on with another member to do the text for the book in Nine Gates. The font turned out excellent and looks like very old type. So no, I did not "scan" the original.

All the fonts on the page are fonts I own. And the snake, which is clip art I got off the web.

It is very insulting of you to insinuate that I would simply post a scan.

thomas

@Phoenixvader: Given the somewhat distressed look of the print, I'm wondering Thomas if your Basilisk page is perhaps a scan of the actual movie prop page with a hi-res image of the basilisk inserted.

I could not pick up all the exact wording from the screen grabs I had so I had to rely on other replica pages i found for the wording which is different in your replica.

Also the title of your page is different from other replicas I have seen and the word Monstrosoties is spelled incorrectly which is not unusual for a real prop.

Just wondering, cause I would like to make my replica as close to screen accurate as possible.

Thanks.

bfd

No, it is completely redone by me. The font is one I worked on with another member to do the text for the book in Nine Gates. The font turned out excellent and looks like very old type. So no, I did not "scan" the original.

All the fonts on the page are fonts I own. And the snake, which is clip art I got off the web.

thomas

Not trying to be insulting at all Thomas. Your work is above reproach. It was just a simple question.

You have done a great job at deteriorating the font.

Actually there is a real art to scanning a page and then cleaning it up to make it look good yet still retain the original look.

Again, not trying to be insulting but is the title, typos and wording on your page screen accurate?

As i said, it is not uncommon for the actual prop to be full of typos, etc. and those should be incorporated into the replicated prop for authenticity.

Thanks.

bfd

thomas

I must agree with bfd on this, he wasn't trying to be insulting, first of all, there is nothing wrong with posting a scan so I don't know why that would be offensive. Secondy, I would take it as a compliment that he though your work was the original prop. I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt in this kind of situation. And please, to everyone, let's try to avoid drama on this thread, we all know how that ended last time!

I still haven't received hardly any submissions for the front page. As a matter of fact, only ECL and Wooze have emailed me.

Once again, this thread is massive, and trying to find stuff on it is nearly impossible. If you want your stuff added to the front page, you have to email it to me.

i have emailed you on the forum. i have sent the link of quidditch teams of england and ireland book. if you have a personal mail could you please let me know about it one more time so i can send there. i send now a pm about the picture

That's cool. By now you should know I am the King of Typos ;) So just point them out and I will fix them if I can. This document I have lost my PSD file ;( So I will have to completely redo the file to change any typos. If there is enough desire I will, but I am pretty busy with life right now.

thomas;)

Not trying to be insulting at all Thomas. Your work is above reproach. It was just a simple question.

You have done a great job at deteriorating the font.

Actually there is a real art to scanning a page and then cleaning it up to make it look good yet still retain the original look.

Again, not trying to be insulting but is the title, typos and wording on your page screen accurate?

As i said, it is not uncommon for the actual prop to be full of typos, etc. and those should be incorporated into the replicated prop for authenticity.

Thanks.

bfd

seeker weekly but not clear enough :(

2yzfxom.jpg

That's cool. By now you should know I am the King of Typos ;) So just point them out and I will fix them if I can. This document I have lost my PSD file ;( So I will have to completely redo the file to change any typos. If there is enough desire I will, but I am pretty busy with life right now.

thomas;)

Glad we're cool Thomas.

As we've all seen, I'm pretty good at typos myself...:lol

I don't know what it is, i check the stuff but I guess after working on a piece for awhile you just don't see them anymore.

The only one that jumped out at me was Monstrosoties should be Monstrosities. But like I said, i thought it possible that is how the prop makers spelled it.

It's not even worth changing, especially if you have to start from scratch again. Although in Photoshop you could just add a text layer over the title. ;)

So...the last question for you on this lengthy topic; is the wording in your version the same wording as the SA prop?

Thanks.

bfd

The text is screen accurate from screen grabs of the movie. I was able to get most of the words except those covered by Harry's thumb, and those I was able to figure out on my own.

I am glad you all like it. ;)

thomas;)

GOBLET OF FIRE CHAMPIONSHIP NOTE

Just for fun, Fleur Cour de la Cour's championship note from Goblet of Fire.

Blue version and blank version.

The note should be folded into 20 sections radially from the center with with each letter inside one of the folds. I tried it and could not figure it out

Maybe woozlemom can figure it out.

Edit: Added gold foil ring to outside edge.

bfd

NOTE: Moved image to first page under Goblet of Fire

Last edited:
Hi bfd,
This is really spooky cause I was just looking at the Film Wizardry book today and thought that it would be neat to have all of the Goblet of Fire Championship Notes.....SPOOKY :eek

And Thank You!

Last edited:
@Hinkypunk- I just went through the entire thread and pulled every replica prop (with the exception of your's and Barney's) out and emailed them to you. I hope this will help organize them all!!!

ffg :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back