Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

ok i have found a daily prophet screen, dont know if it has the original articles in there... sorry i couldnt remove 'original' title

2v80dpj.jpg

does anyone know that is it the real prop? i mean with the article etc.

Wouldn't ind doing some more book covers - A couple in lynx0099's post look pretty cool. Really interested mostly in the screen used books. Just let me know!

ok i have found a daily prophet screen, dont know if it has the original articles in there... sorry i couldnt remove 'original' title

2v80dpj.jpg

does anyone know that is it the real prop? i mean with the article etc.

Doesn't look authentic...looks like a cheap knock-off---the HP Prophets are "fake" looking...hope I didn't insult anyone on here if this was their project but I don't think it was an authentic one :p

Wouldn't ind doing some more book covers - A couple in lynx0099's post look pretty cool. Really interested mostly in the screen used books. Just let me know!

i am also interested in screen used books and the other paper props so much. wish i had some drawing talent for designing in my computer. hms :(

I Would like to find a big cover of WHEN MUGGLES ATTACK i only find the one of Hinkypuf but its to small and i need a bigger I YOU KNOW WERE I CAN FIND IT PLEASE HELP ME thanks :D

Last edited:
I Would like to find a big cover of WHEN MUGGLES ATTACK i only find the one of Hinkypuf but its to small and i need a bigger I YOU KNOW WERE I CAN FIND IT PLEASE HELP ME thanks :D

Hi Soldieroide,
I know that you said that you found the one that Hinkypunk did but did you click on the picture of the cover on the first page of this thread? It will take you to a very big image. I printed it out and covered a book with it and it really worked out very nicely. What size did you need it to be??

NEW AND IMPROVED BASILISK PAGE

I redid the previous basilisk page I did and posted it to the first page under Chamber of Secrets.

The improvements are a better basilisk picture, used the the the word "pipes" from an actual screen shot image and the addition of a yellowed background.

The wording is not the same as in the book but is the actual wording used in the movie prop.

Let me know what you think

bfd

Last edited:
@ ElliotStone

Glad you like the gift. The Frame even looks better then the ones i´m selling :thumbsup

Greets Paddy

Wow...Germany to N Ireland in what...3 days!! Impressive mail service.

I figure it will take 2 weeks at least to get here to the western shores of Canada (if all goes well).

Looks nice though Paddy, lookin' forward to it.

@Phoenixvader: Given the somewhat distressed look of the print, I'm wondering Thomas if your Basilisk page is perhaps a scan of the actual movie prop page with a hi-res image of the basilisk inserted.

I could not pick up all the exact wording from the screen grabs I had so I had to rely on other replica pages i found for the wording which is different in your replica.

Also the title of your page is different from other replicas I have seen and the word Monstrosoties is spelled incorrectly which is not unusual for a real prop.

Just wondering, cause I would like to make my replica as close to screen accurate as possible.

Thanks.

bfd

hello again. i was researching about book props and found some to share here. first of all there is that one:

i want to give credits but i really can't remember who has made it. thanks to him/her a lot!

edit: now i know who has made it: lemonlemonuk

thank you so much. it take a while to find who was the artist of this prop. well now we all know. i sent a mail to hinkypunk to put it at the first page, bcoz this is an awesome book cover and deserves to be there.
24nfg5c.jpg

b8mtn6.png

here is A Fully Illustrated History of the Flying Carpet
2uigghw.jpg

A Fully Illustrated History of the Flying Carpet was a book about the development of flying carpets. It was on display at the front counter of Flourish and Blotts when Harry Potter met Gilderoy Lockhart there in 1992
Olde and Forgotten Bewitchments and Charmes
166ytmu.jpg

Olde and Forgotten Bewitchments and Charmes was a book about arcane magic by E. Limus. It was one of the books Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger examined while preparing for the second task of the Triwizard Tournament, in early 1995
Cram It!: How to Soar on Your O.W.L.s
23ro4nr.jpg

Cram It!: How to Soar on Your O.W.L.s was a study guide intended to help fifth year students at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry prepare for their Ordinary Wizarding Level (O.W.L.) exams. Ron Weasley read this book while simultaneously eating a sausage at breakfast one morning in the Great Hall in 1995
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi
2d6qxkh.jpg

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi is a textbook used in Potions and Herbology classes at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. It was written by the Herbologist and Hogwarts Headmistress Phyllida Spore, and, as its name implies, covers a thousand different varieties of herbs and fungi found in the magical world.
Carpe Retractum spellbook
de770m.png

The Carpe Retractum spellbook was a book that contained information and instruction on the performing of the Carpe Retractum charm. One copy was owned by Professor Filius Flitwick, Charms Master of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, who used it in his Charms classes.
House-Elves & Self-Hatred
jrd4si.jpg

House-Elves & Self-Hatred were a series of books that presumably dealt with the habit house-elves have of punishing themselves when they fail to live up to their masters' expectations. The series had, at least, eight volumes.
How to Tame Tigers
24qk313.jpg

How to Tame Tigers was a book that presumably gave instructions on training tigers. It was on display at the front counter of Flourish and Blotts when Harry Potter met Gilderoy Lockhart there in 1992

unfortunately these the clearest pictures i could have found. some of them dont have cover or we can see see it barely...

Last edited:
lynx0099,
Great job finding book reference images!!! There are a few I have never heard of before so I thank you for listing where they were seen in the movies. It just goes to show all of the time and energy the prop teams put into these movies and why the world on screen looks so full and rich.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back