Harry Potter Book insides

I'm not exactly sure what the size of the MPP book is but by the most exacting of optical scientific methods (eyeballing) of the book seen in the CoS, I'm guessing the pages are about 7" x 10". Which is the size I am making these pages at.

I actually found a reference picture of the MPP book used in the movie and based on the same optical scanning methods (OSD) if you assume the planks are about 3.5" wide then the it looks like the book may be about 8" x 10".

But...if you look at the HP Tour pictures of the paper props on display you can see the MPP book looks much smaller say 5" x 7". The cover also looks nothing like the MPP book in the movie (see attachment). Which supports a theory that I have that the props on display are not necessarily the props that were used in the movie.

If you look in the CoS movie when Hermione is carrying the book to Harry and Ron it is a BIG book so 8" x 10" is more likely more accurate for the screen prop.

Personally i think it is the larger paper size because the book actually looks almost square.

If anyone has info on the size of the book please share so we can get the page size as close as possible to prop size.

Thanks.

bfd

Last edited:
lilpatty, I think we have a winner. My screen grabs confirms that your image of the MPP book is probably the screen used one and its not the one included in the HP Tour.

The height to width ratio of the book in your image is 1.35. Using 7" as a width the length = 9.45 so 7" x 10" is pretty close and I'm going to stick with it unless anyone is really unhappy with this page size.

bfd

I don't know how authentic you want the potion recipes to be Barney, but I could maybe write some made up ones if you like. I did my own potion book some years back where I made up a lot to fill it. I don't know where my file is though, so I'd have to start from scratch.

@Starairi: The 20 potions listed now printed double sided would be 10 pages. So maybe I'm thinking another 20 potions would make another 10 pages for 20 pages in total. That should be enough to have a MPP book with a reasonable thickness to it.

Not expecting you to come up with 20 potions :lol but a couple would be good.

Thanks.

bfd

Alright, I can't promise 20 potions, but I'll see what I can do. Though I'm sure we'll manage to pull together and do what's needed.

The idea is to get all the pages we want for the MPP book then organize into Chapters and number accordingly. Once that is done, I can finalize the pages and post.

This is group effort with the potions being provided from various members of rpf. I'm just the graphics guy (I use that term loosely) trying to pull them together.

I actually had a someone ask me if it would be okay to use the pages to make a German version of the MPP which I think is a pretty cool idea. I mean, there must be a MoM and some sort of witchcraft school in Germany right??

bfd

Thanks for the inspiration Sectumsempra 44.

I have a "silent partner" in this endeavor who is contributing greatly.

ecl, appreciate the positive comments. I only hope it ends up as nice as your advanced potions book.

bfd

I need some help, I am making my own APM book, but I would really love to have the same logo as the logo from the second edition. Would any one happen to have this logo?

Barney: I have no doubt it'll look amazing printed bound. I'd recommend taking a look at blurb.com for printing, binding options. I've been really impressed with their printing job for the potion book I did.

Bfd, that pic you posted, I've seen that before and I beleive that's one that someone made, so not from the movie at all. I think the one lil patty posted may well be the one in the second movie.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back