Done / Completed Han in Carbonite (HIC) Machined knobs for hero panel (collab. with kurtyboy) / RUN #2

Re: Han in Carbonite (HIC) Machined knobs for hero panel (collab. with kurtyboy)

More than half deposit paid! Thanks a lot guys!!! 2 days to go if you want the initial run price.

It's confirmed, I'll be at the machine shop all day thursday .. can't wait!

Deposit sent.
Thanks for doing this project.

Deposit on its way

Deposit sent :)

Deposit sent

Deposit sent

Re: Han in Carbonite (HIC) Machined knobs for hero panel (collab. with kurtyboy)

Thanks to everyone for the deposit! :thumbsup

So I have 28 deposits out of 44 right now which is about 2/3 of the deposits. I need those deposits by tomorrow morning as this is when the production starts. If the final number is at 30, I won't order as many sets which mean, the price is not the same and I will have to adjust by a couple bucks (dont' worry, it's not much). My padding was calculated with about 5 sets, not 16. I also reiterate that the price for those who didn't pay shipping will be higher starting tomorrow.

I'm sending another round of PMs to everyone that didn't pay deposit right now.

deposit send
Deposit sent
Deposit sent!

Looks like we're still short 13 deposit. That means that I'll remove 10 sets from my order tomorrow. I'll talk to the machinist and see what he can do price wise.

On a good note though, the shop programmed the first knob before leaving tonight and did the first one. When I arrive tomorrow, I'll inspect it and if all is well, we'll do the next 49! Can't wait to show you guys!

Come on, guys! Bigturc is doing a great job. And the greeblies is worth every penny.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deposit Paid. Thanks for doing these mate!

Han in Carbonite (HIC) Machined knobs for hero panel (collab. with kurtyboy)

As of this morning, 7 missing deposit .. We're getting there.

Thanks again to everyone who followed through and made this possible!

Truly impressed by the quality of the shop!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458220717.525472.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458220732.807914.jpg

Lookin' good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That piece looks a lot like one I got from Ken T's (Elvis Trooper) shop many years ago.
I just used it a few months ago for the end piece on my nieces Rey staff.

That middle part could totally be the same valve used on the ROTJ Vader stunt!

Cool! That piece will wear the small screws, right?

That middle part could totally be the same valve used on the ROTJ Vader stunt!

Yep .. it might be it but it looks like we never could find the exact same model (dimensions, thickness, etc..) so we used those dimensions and created our own :)

Cool! That piece will wear the small screws, right?

BY wear, if you mean will it come with the screws, yeah, you guys will receive all the hardware that we see on screen.
Basically, 7 machined parts, 2 screws and nuts and 9 rivet/nipples for knob 1.

While I'm at it, we were not able to finish all the parts .. it looks like doing over 300 machined parts take more than a few hours :) So work continues tomorrow and I'll go pickup the current progress tomorrow night.

Know 1 base, the one with the rivets, won't be done tomorrow as they need to mount it on another machine, so that will be done monday. Small delay but it will give me some time to order the shipping material! I have to evaluate if it's better and cheaper for you guys to ship in a small box or a padded envelop.

Stay tuned! :)

Honestly, this is the shortest delay I've ever experienced on a parts run, so no complaints here! Nice work so far!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back