Halo Reach Elite Bust Sculpt

Nice looking sculpt so far, how do you plan on displaying it? The way that the neck is molded it almost looks like you will wall mount it.

I actually think the legendary skull would look great above your TV setup that you posted a photo of but you'd have to have some pretty heavy bolts.. :)

Nice looking sculpt so far, how do you plan on displaying it? The way that the neck is molded it almost looks like you will wall mount it.

I actually think the legendary skull would look great above your TV setup that you posted a photo of but you'd have to have some pretty heavy bolts.. :)

Thaks man, I plan on displaying it as a trophy style wall mount. I'll be making two molds though, one for hard copies & the other for silicone castings. I would like the option of turning this into a full suit at some point.

Well, here is my attempt at creating some skin detail. I can still redo stuff at this point, so if it doesn’t look believable, I would appreciate people saying so. Thanks for viewing my thread guys! Also, I apologize about the low quality photos (Taken from my junk box droid).

IMG_20110913_235900.jpg

IMG_20110913_194343.jpg

IMG_20110914_000103.jpg

IMG_20110914_000153.jpg

IMG_20110914_000234.jpg

Thanks again!

-Tony

Looking really good! I can't believe how massive this sculpt is!

Rich

Lol, thanks man. I appreciate the comments. Yeah, its pretty big. The floor tiles are 18" by 18" and I'm 5'6" to give you a little better idea of the scale. Also, I think it measures roughly 28" from snout to back of the neck. Thanks again for viewing my thread!

-Tony

Tiny update:

Worked on som more detail, through some nostrils in. Not happy with the nostrils. Had somone point out a good locaton for them on my FB las night, so i will be relocaing them...lol

1319499463351.jpg

1319499406024.jpg

1319499424388.jpg

Sorry about how bad the picture quality is. I need to invest into a new camera and stop using this old and busted phone.

Well, let me know.

-Tony

Great work on the mold keep it up. The thing that really caught my eye though is the pilot helmet! Oh man I want one of those.

Great work on the mold keep it up. The thing that really caught my eye though is the pilot helmet! Oh man I want one of those.

Lol, yeah its an awesome Helmet. I picked it up off of Nick Nack Patty Whack from the 405. He gave permission to mold and everything, so I actually have extra copies. I figured out how to vac form Yesterday. See picture below:

1319581031656.jpg

1319584436452.jpg

Let me know if your interested and I can run you up one (If you are, PM me).

Be good,

-Tony

You should mold this and start making latex masks. You could sell them at a good price and make a killing! Think of all the cosplayers and halo fans you would help.

Thanks everyone! I didn't think very many were interested at first, or maybe my sculpt was doo doo...lol. I appreciate the encouragement. I plan on starting this back up as soon as I finalize some kits Im putting together. I need get on this because I bought all the molding stuff for it. Its a huge sculpt, so its taking some time. I vastly underestimated how long it would take to detail this thing out. Expect some updates in about 2 to 3 weeks, thats when I expect to really be able to give it the attention it needs.

THanks again for viewing my thread everyone!

Here are a few updated pics. I want your honest opinions on the helmet size please.

Side by side, old and busted on left, hopefully new hotness on right

IMG_20111114_030000.jpg

IMG_20111114_030103.jpg

IMG_20111114_030139.jpg

IMG_20111114_030127.jpg

Anyways, I'm going to have to do some tweeks to the shape of the helmet once hardened, provided I still like the way it looks on the sculpt by then.

Thanks for viewing,

Tony

That looks very scary and attention getting! Great job so far I wish I could sculpt like that.

Thanks man, much appreciated. BTW, Have you tried sculpting before? YOu may be able to. Its my first sculpt, so I've had to really learn the skills and honestly, Its not perfect. However, if you practice, you will get better. ANyways, I like it and when I get better, I'll try some other stuff when I can. Be good & thank you viewing my thread.

Tony

This is comming along nicely :thumbsup I can appreciate the effort thats gone into this & the learning curve.
Keep up the good work :)

This is comming along nicely :thumbsup I can appreciate the effort thats gone into this & the learning curve.
Keep up the good work :)

Thank you, I appreciate the kind comments. Means a lot. I'm digging your xenomorph build, looks beast.

Tony

Okay my RPF peeps, its been far toooo looong since I’ve updated this thread.I actually couldn’t find it for a while. I thought the staff may have deleted it. Anyways, its not completely finished, but I’ve come a bit further since the last update on the skin details. It’s a tad further along than this too, but I felt I should put something up. Anyways, here you go.
2eb77f22.jpg

60367cbc.jpg

614766e6.jpg

3d40edfa.jpg

ec768573.jpg

ec371264.jpg

66aa5a91.jpg

I’m to finish this soon, I’ve just got a real tight schedule that doesn’t allow me to get as much done as I would like. Things like my real job keep getting in the way…lol. Well, any helpful suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated.
Anyways, thanks for viewing.
Tony

This is very exciting project!
I love the texture work for the surface.
I cant wait to see this beast painted.

You got a nice set up for Kinect :lol

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back