HALO Master Chief Costume Progress Thread (helmet rebuild begins on p.19)

Man that helmet is beautiful! I made an attempt at building Halo armour as my first ever build out of pepakura, lets just say it didn't end well. Way too much time. But this build is absolutely amazing. Your helmet colour scheme reminds me of agent Washington from RvB if you have ever seen it. Keep up the excellent work!

Yep. Agent Washington was what I was going for. When I finish the EVA helmet I'll be building the Meta too. Then I've just got to find someone big enough to make it look right.

According to the RvB wiki Wash's armor is "steel with yellow trim" but I decided that would be as good an excuse as any to use Rustoleum's "Matte Nickel" color. It's got a fairly large metallic flake, looks gray at a distance, and should still show the lighter silver scratches I'll be adding in the weathering stage. Stay tuned for more on that.

That is awesome. I can't wait to see it all put together. The Meta would be great too, as you said as long as you can find someone big enough to pull it off. And that grenade launcher of his would also be a cool project. I'm watching this thread closely now. :D

Yesterday I installed the headlight lenses in the Wash helmet:

To get the shape, I took a mold of some heavy duty snap fastener heads (like you get at the fabric store) and then cast them in clear resin.

In other news, I also started the last two molds for the helmet redux:

The little block on the right is the schnozzwidget mold. I'll have castings out of that today and I'll finish the visor buck mold this afternoon as well. I've got a few dozen sheets of PETG and I'm pretty sure I can get at least ten visors per sheet, so I'll definitely have a few extras.

Stay tuned...

Nice double post. Haha, but that is a pretty good idea with the clear resin. I honestly would have just wired LEDs to the helmet but if you want to save yourself the wiring job this is a great idea. Are you planning on selling these. Seeing as you have molds of all the pieces... Including the schnozzwidget (I just had to put that in there)

slip, do a search in the junkyard for halo, and you'll find this man.

I have one of his suits, and im dying to get back home in a few weeks from this deployment so i can start working on it!!

Sweet! I will definitely look up his stuff. And as a side note Gilmore, even though I live in Canada I have to say thank you for serving. I have great respect for the brave men and women of today's military.

ahhh well thanks man, it's my pleasure, just would like to hurry and get home now to my beautiful lady, and this MC suit that are awaiting me ;)

Good God, man. These armors are beautiful! I just went through the entire thread for the first time, and I am truly amazed! Great Job!

Thanks guys. Sorry about the double post. Not sure what I did there...

Yesterday I finished the jacket mold for the visor bucks:

Today I'll be making the mothermold so I can crank out a few casts once my next shipment of casting resin arrives.

I also finished the pep model for the EVA helmet. I used to think I was making the EVA helmet a bit too big. Not anymore:

Here's a shot from head-on:

In related news, I've started this thing:

I'll be writing up the build separately once I've made a bit more progress.

I'm pretty happy with the EVA helmet now that I've got it in the workshop with the rest of the project. Here's a comparison shot with my MkVI in progress:

And another:

In other news, I finished the mold for the MkVI visor forming bucks:

I've got the first few casts lined up for vacforming:

I'll probably be doing these six or eight at a time in clear PETG and then I can dye them to whatever color I like. If I don't like the results, I'll try making them in the same amber acrylic I was making the old visors out of.

Stay tuned...

You know, it'd be neat to see the different colors you can have that are available in Reach, like the shiny blue or like a black chrome

Freaking awesome man. Do you plan to sell a full set of armor for every helm? or do you want to sell any?

Last edited:
Freaking awesome man. Do you plan to sell a full set of armor for every helm? or do you want to sell any?

If you'd like one of my armor kits, shoot me a PM. I think I've still got a sale thread going in the Junkyard too. If not, I'm about to start a new thread for the much improved helmets with the new vacformed visors.

That said, here's the new vacformed visor:

This was a test pull in thin, clear PETG plastic that I had on hand. I'm planning on making future copies out of the same orange-tinted sheet that my old visors were made of.

Here's a shot with someone wearing it to show how hard it is to see into:

And a side shot to showcase the shape:

There was a bit of dust on the forms, so there was some minor pitting on the insides of this pull. Even so, visibility is almost flawless.

Stay tuned...

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back