Halloween (2018) Michael Myers Costume Research Thread

I am really not a fan of Michael Myers, my beagle won't even stop barking whenever I do a Halloween marathon. He is creepy but not that creepy.

I am really not a fan of Michael Myers, my beagle won't even stop barking whenever I do a Halloween marathon. He is creepy but not that creepy.
I respectfully disagree. Since I only go by the Carpenter directed/composed original film, I consider him to be one of the scariest characters ever to grace the silver screen. The way he walks silently and preys on his victims in the dark in a more realistic setting really ups the creepiness factor. Anyways, let’s get back to our regularly scheduled costume discussion. Are we going with navy, navy heather, or dark gray for the Gold Toe shirt?

Did some minor paint touch ups. Filled in the cracks based on the screen used from post #41. Also used weathering powder to darken around the eyes. Some of the repainted look great, but you can see here that the stock paint job is fine when you make some minor changes.
78D91449-7E66-4742-B277-099DF4669B0A.jpeg

Received my TOTS mask the other day, and it is really small! If it's truly cast from the movie mold, the new Michael must have a tiny head. Mine will have to be for display purposes only; no way I can comfortably wear it.

Received my TOTS mask the other day, and it is really small! If it's truly cast from the movie mold, the new Michael must have a tiny head. Mine will have to be for display purposes only; no way I can comfortably wear it.

It seems that these things are varying in size. A lot of people are doing the ol' "make the neck slit longer and punch another hole at the top" trick and it seems to be working for them.

Saw the movie today but was majorly disappointed (basically, I didn't find it scary in the least). The mask is a good repro, but just way too small; my face won't fit in the darn thing without stretching it way out of proportion. Oh, well.

Yeah its a shame the masks so tight. It wont fit me -i ordered a 2nd one but no change—my blood tears H2 mask does barely fit.
Now they intend to add eye patch under the mask.
one of my issues was new michael is like 4 inches taller and a diff build than castle. I did inquire to TOTS about larger size masks.i hope thet respond.

I have a huge head. Most hats don’t fit me, or if they do many look silly/out of proportion. Somehow, the 2018 TOTS Myers mask is fitting me fine! Close fit, sure, but it fits.

I was able to do a 45-min repaint before heading out to trick or treat with the kids, but I’m looking forward to revisiting it for some improvements. I also ordered two more, so I can “assembly line” them with each step of the repaint. I’ll keep the one with the best inherent features and whose refinish I like best and sell the other two.

IMG_4669.jpg

IMG_4670.jpg

IMG_4672.jpg

IMG_4624.jpgIMG_4626.jpg

Last edited:
Great info Mold Maker!

In other matters, are we 100% sure the knife is a Henckels?
Because other brands, such as Arcos among others, make the same exact knife
cuchillo-cocinero-arcos-serie-clasica-210-mm.jpg

They are WORKRITE brand. CHARCOAL GREY. The video on #44 of this thread will answer all your questions. He has other YouTube videos that give the exact model number.

I'm gonna back this up. Workrite's idea of Charcoal Grey is a weak dark grey / blue. Not only do they look like a faded Navy Blue on film and in pictures, but they look blue in reality. The actual Navy Blue Workrite's do not look right when photographed. They are too dark.

Also attached is a picture of my "Spruce Green" coveralls for Michael Myers 78. Note how they look Navy Blue in pics as well.

IMG_4718.JPG IMG_5865.JPG IMG_5869.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back