Halliwax's weird V3 theory

I sure am hoping no as well... but it would almost make these pic make more sense as well
View attachment 964848

And during the duel on screen you can clearly see the clamp with out tape... what are the chances of them adding tape for the chopping wood scene?!

... I hate gaffers tape :mad:

The clamp does look like at it has two dark strips on it. But I dunno. Would they have wrapped it just for one short scene? But I guess if they had to keep reshooting it, Mark may have started to complain.

Was the Vader duel the last time it was used for filming? I can't remember what the shooting schedule was supposed of be.

The clamp does look like at it has two dark strips on it. But I dunno. Would they have wrapped it just for one short scene? But I guess if they had to keep reshooting it, Mark may have started to complain.

Was the Vader duel the last time it was used for filming? I can't remember what the shooting schedule was supposed of be.

I honesty rely on others for film timing, but I know one of the last scenes filmed for the v3 was the bridge scene where Luke surrenders himself to Vader

Now looking at it I think it’s just the light...

So the bridge scene was last? Hmmm, it looks pretty good all things considering.

Make sure you click or tap on the image, this is the biggest version of this picture I've ever seen.
924df45559a57c7d2482676c9f6782ac.jpg

I can definitely see the sloppy cast grip rings there, in the first photo.

as for the black strips, my guess would be peeling tape. Maybe they used the standard half inch tape they would have used for the V2 neck and only one strip is left there.

I am not sure the V3 ever had a "fixed" nipple. Could the "nipple" be part of of the blade(s) actually?

Yes.. nipple is NOT part of the emitter..

I have no proof of this but seeing the V2, I believe the nipple was machined just like starkillers last run.

The blade has a metal 5/16th rod attached to it, which slide into the nipple and held on with 2 3mm screws

The nipple then slides into the emitter and held in with screws

There is 1 scene with Luke hacking away at Vader when Vader is kneeling in the throne room and the blade falls right out

So the bridge scene was last? Hmmm, it looks pretty good all things considering.

Make sure you click or tap on the image, this is the biggest version of this picture I've ever seen.
View attachment 964860

I don’t think I’m in the gaffers tape camp anymore.. though the v3 on Endor kinda looks like it’s neck also has gaffers tape on it..

Reguardless, this pic was one of the last scenes, they didn’t need a dueling blade so maybe this saber was cleaned up? We will never be about to prove any of this..

But now looking at the book I think it’s just dark shadows you can clearly see silver in 2 areas..

Think I jumped the gun on the clamp tape

The booster on the other hand. There’s some explaining to do with that

Answering Halliwax’s question regarding when the Endor scenes were filmed...

My understanding is that the outdoor Endor scenes, in CA were shot AFTER the Death Star duel, and all other on-set photography (other than insert shots, etc.)

ok gang, we got some new pictures of the V3 thanks to Teecrooz

below you can really see the difference in color of the wind vane. wonder if the same artist that painted the V2 painted this one

View attachment 964368

the next one is a big one to me. i have argued on here for awhile that during the vader duel the booster still has chunks of black paint on the booster. unfortunately the screen caps website doesnt have the part screen cap'ed. but i see it every time when on tv. below really is a placebo to me... sure looks like theres even MORE black on the booster then ive seen in the vader duel
View attachment 964369

what surprises me the most is. i figured the V3 was used as the "swipe" saber when he cuts the front end off the speeder bike, because of the different color in the wind vane. when he ignites the saber its defiantly the V2, but the swipe we can now confirm is the v3.

but whats more interesting is, the V3 has a nipple just like the V2!! i figured the V3 didnt have a nipple and the blade they inserted right into the emitter...
View attachment 964370

also...now knowing the V3 has the same exact nipple setup as the V2, i wouldn't be surprised if the V3 also has 3mm holes below the emitter face, like the V2....

Last edited:
I don’t think I’m in the gaffers tape camp anymore.. though the v3 on Endor kinda looks like it’s neck also has gaffers tape on it..

Reguardless, this pic was one of the last scenes, they didn’t need a dueling blade so maybe this saber was cleaned up? We will never be about to prove any of this..

But now looking at the book I think it’s just dark shadows you can clearly see silver in 2 areas..

Think I jumped the gun on the clamp tape

The booster on the other hand. There’s some explaining to do with that

You think there's black paint on the booster?

You think there's black paint on the booster?

9FA5CBE6-4EF7-45FF-AB02-31560C096E11.gif

Dude... I’ve been saying this for 2 years... there is remnants of black paint on the v3 booster during the throne room duel... you can see it very clearly when Luke and Vader are dueling AFTER the falcon blows up the tie fighter and flys through it...

No one wants to believe me and will argue to this day.. when I finish my replica it will have black remnants on the booster..

This is also why the r2 popper resin stunt is painted the way it is as well...

Answering Halliwax’s question regarding when the Endor scenes were filmed...

My understanding is that the outdoor Endor scenes, in CA were shot AFTER the Death Star duel, and all other on-set photography (other than insert shots, etc.)

Thanks alley, this makes sense now, this is why the Vader duel there is black paint on the emitter. And by the time Endor comes around the emitter face is clean

View attachment 964949

Dude... I’ve been saying this for 2 years... there is remnants of black paint on the v3 booster during the throne room duel... you can see it very clearly when Luke and Vader are dueling AFTER the falcon blows up the tie fighter and flys through it...

No one wants to believe me and will argue to this day.. when I finish my replica it will have black remnants on the booster..

This is also why the r2 popper resin stunt is painted the way it is as well...

I guess the only reason I'm hesitant to believe is because I thought the V3 got refurbished before it was used in filming? And if you look at that resin stunt it lookd like has black/dark splotches on the pommel as well.

Even the Yuma has got dark splotches on the booster. And look at that emitter.

0A07FE8E-BE09-4639-894A-060290E0A8A6_zps7at07dsk.jpg

Perhaps they did this right on set to better match the look of the „hero“ saber (the V2)?

It's possible.

This the one thing that bothers me. Why (if they did) refurbish the stunt saber(V3) and not the V2 hero? And are all the sabers made for ROTJ, made to look like the V3, the stunt saber? Why didn't they make the sabers look like the V2?

Doesn't it seem odd that they would refurbish a stunt prop that was going to get heck beat out of it?

On a side note. Do we know who did the props for ESB and ROTJ?

You are aware the v3 today is not what it looked like during filming of RoTJ? I don’t know what your angle is here?

Are you saying the v3 was dressed up for RoTJ? If so I 100% disagree, the v2 and v3 were just randomly used objects, no one on set would have ever thought we would hve noticed a difference

The only dressed up saber we have is the ISYHCANL saber, and they took the Yuma and dressed that up for the close up in Vader’s hand

And I never said they “refurbished” the v3, (or any lightsabers as the matter) they grabbed this stunt out of storage, most likely in piles of other crap, and did nothing to it except add a clamp and a card, possibly screwed set screws in the emitter and neck to lock it from spinning

Remember this is Star Wars it’s a used future, and that’s the excuse they used for the prop tram as well, nothing fancy, just throw it on there

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back