Halliwax's weird V3 theory

Hmm, there are shots of the suspended robe and saber in both of those videos, but I don't see that specific close up shot where there's a hand adjusting things. Is there another?

No, but my intent was just to show that the “Death Saber” blade was not a motorized blade in the shot.

Yeah, but the v2 and ANH stunt had quick disconnect wires. They could have easily just unclipped them

I’m really picking on you today alley ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, but the v2 and ANH stunt had quick disconnect wires. They could have easily just unclipped them

I’m really picking on you today alley ;)

Geezo whiz!

Everyone just wants to shoot holes in my theory; a theory which, I’ll grant you, lacks imperical certainty and is mostly based-upon my need to be correct and rush to a conclusion, but for gosh sakes I did include pictures and film clips with specific time-stamps didn’t I??

Inside my “Safe Space”, that I retreat to whenever my inner child is wounded, the “Death Saber” IS the V3 with 100% certainty.

Last edited:
I also see a missing sidebar on the death saber.

Hmm, I'm guessing one of these stunts still had the calc bubbles by esb

That photo was taken from this VH1 special: https://youtu.be/GM8yzdEUoNI

Go to the 16min mark and watch, it’s quick.

Last edited by a moderator:
That photo was taken from this VH1 special: https://youtu.be/GM8yzdEUoNI

Go to the 16min mark and watch, it’s quick.

Bless you james!!

e84a3fb96dc04b24c3e402f94b310249.jpg

590777ab547416417ef1fbce6c86a967.jpg

6ee0577930eddc51791a5fcdd73ff5b3.jpg

060369a07bb8d924c133438b4913733b.jpg

06080745addd79e75a49375221c4f0dc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is gonna sound wierd.....but what the heck is that tiny speck in the shadow just in front of the hand? My mind keeps telling me it's the V2's long lever. But it's to far away from the clamp......right?:confused

This is gonna sound wierd.....but what the heck is that tiny speck in the shadow just in front of the hand? My mind keeps telling me it's the V2's long lever. But it's to far away from the clamp......right?:confused

ed59074813af0a6554e9a83376a3bef4.jpg

That spec? If so I think it’s too long no?

Could be maybe we are seeing a sliver of a pommel cube?

I wish we could get access to the original footage for the Making of Star Wars instead of the grainy footage we have. There were some good shots in that that show hero to stunt swapping and setting up the cut down mannequin also.

Yeah that can't be there end of the long lever, I don't think. It would have to be really really long. Probably a pommel cube.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

ok gang, we got some new pictures of the V3 thanks to Teecrooz

below you can really see the difference in color of the wind vane. wonder if the same artist that painted the V2 painted this one

3FC745BF-4397-4225-AB5A-963369A859E3.jpg

the next one is a big one to me. i have argued on here for awhile that during the vader duel the booster still has chunks of black paint on the booster. unfortunately the screen caps website doesnt have the part screen cap'ed. but i see it every time when on tv. below really is a placebo to me... sure looks like theres even MORE black on the booster then ive seen in the vader duel
06A691E7-E66D-4449-8C82-C50566E5A468.jpg

what surprises me the most is. i figured the V3 was used as the "swipe" saber when he cuts the front end off the speeder bike, because of the different color in the wind vane. when he ignites the saber its defiantly the V2, but the swipe we can now confirm is the v3.

but whats more interesting is, the V3 has a nipple just like the V2!! i figured the V3 didnt have a nipple and the blade they inserted right into the emitter...
9FA7DC6A-597A-41AE-A692-134BD68F75B2.jpg

also...now knowing the V3 has the same exact nipple setup as the V2, i wouldn't be surprised if the V3 also has 3mm holes below the emitter face, like the V2....

Whoa. silvery emitter as opposed to the V2s black pattern.

Never knew the V3 was on endor!!!!

also look at the inside of the MPP fighting stunt! solid metal core I'm thinking, like the graflexes.

ok gang, we got some new pictures of the V3 thanks to Teecrooz

below you can really see the difference in color of the wind vane. wonder if the same artist that painted the V2 painted this one

View attachment 964368

the next one is a big one to me. i have argued on here for awhile that during the vader duel the booster still has chunks of black paint on the booster. unfortunately the screen caps website doesnt have the part screen cap'ed. but i see it every time when on tv. below really is a placebo to me... sure looks like theres even MORE black on the booster then ive seen in the vader duel
View attachment 964369

what surprises me the most is. i figured the V3 was used as the "swipe" saber when he cuts the front end off the speeder bike, because of the different color in the wind vane. when he ignites the saber its defiantly the V2, but the swipe we can now confirm is the v3.

but whats more interesting is, the V3 has a nipple just like the V2!! i figured the V3 didnt have a nipple and the blade they inserted right into the emitter...
View attachment 964370

also...now knowing the V3 has the same exact nipple setup as the V2, i wouldn't be surprised if the V3 also has 3mm holes below the emitter face, like the V2....

Could someone on here work some computer magic and overlay an accurate line drawing on the second picture. It looks to me as if Mark's hand might be covering the entire booster section.

I just read this... my head is pounding now. I just want to say, all of you, every single one in here, are absolutely ******* insane!

I knew thd9791 was off his rocker, but all of you are crazy. Great work on the research, pics (I haven’t seen 90+% of these before), and theories.

I’m going to go find some tylenol.

I just read this... my head is pounding now. I just want to say, all of you, every single one in here, are absolutely ******* insane!

I knew thd9791 was off his rocker, but all of you are crazy. Great work on the research, pics (I haven’t seen 90+% of these before), and theories.

I’m going to go find some tylenol.

If I had a nickel for every time I was called crazy...

Last edited:
Thanks to the new archive book, I think it’s safe to say the V3 had gaffers tape over the control box at one time... what do you guys think?

During the early duel you can clearly see the clamp... this pic here sure looks like it’s wrapped in tape..

Maybe the chopping wood scene was too much for the hand to take?
E8AA946A-2B99-4630-BE36-63094217D6D7.jpeg

Heh.. I’m going back and forth, this picture was taken with my ghetto iPhone. Looking at the page on the book.. I’m starting to think it’s just shadows

Last edited:
Part of me says yes I see gaffers tape. Part of me says no.

I sure am hoping no as well... but it would almost make these pic make more sense as well
13008134-762A-4C26-848A-B957DAC18111.jpeg

And during the duel on screen you can clearly see the clamp with out tape... what are the chances of them adding tape for the chopping wood scene?!

... I hate gaffers tape :mad:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back