Hadley's Hope 1/350 scale

Wow, tat really looks fantastic.
Great manual modelmaking! - another example, that 3D printing is not the answer to every modeling question (although it might be useful for some of your parts).
Are you planning on adding lights in some way?
At that scale, fiber optics might be the only possible way though.

another example, that 3D printing is not the answer to every modeling question (although it might be useful for some of your parts).
I build models to get AWAY from screen ;)

Are you planning on adding lights in some way?
Of course I thought about it. I would have to illuminate the bar sign first, because a dark sign is not excusable while the rest is lit. It was too iconic in the movie.
Doable, but eventually means rebuilding the bar. Leave everything dark and getting it done soon is one option. Add lights, but turning into a neverending project, is another ...

Some progress with the remaining main buildings including the north lock.
Not all parts painted and glued yet, obviously.

north01.jpg

north02.jpg

Wonderful stuff and your attention to detail is incredible. How big would a human figure be at this scale? About 5mm? I'd say that's do-able if you know someone with a resin printer. :)

How big would a human figure be at this scale? About 5mm? I'd say that's do-able if you know someone with a resin printer.
Thanks. You're right, about 5 mm, and there really are some nice 1/350 resin printed figures out there. But I only have the typical "flat" figures from Tamiya and Eduard atm.

Edit: some crap'n'stuff for the corners, and a Colonial Marine in civvies ;)
crap.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back