Got my MR Vader......

You know, I'm getting concerned myself. However, there is a 30-day money back guarantee I believe. It'd be a shame to return an item like this (I've wanted one forever) but if the quality is not there, we're not out the money...

That is if the guarantee is still in play?.?.?.?.?.

I've just cancelled my order. After all the extremely poor advice to me from customer service on the Target order, now this. They will most likely pay dearly now for shopping around for the cheapest production possible, in the form of returns and cancellations. I was looking forward to that thing for SO long.

Originally posted by PnatheraGem@Jan 25 2006, 07:26 PM
I've just cancelled my order. After all the extremely poor advice to me from customer service on the Target order, now this. They will most likely pay dearly now for shopping around for the cheapest production possible, in the form of returns and cancellations. I was looking forward to that thing for SO long.
[snapback]1167856[/snapback]​

If you are guaranteed your money back or an exchange if you don't like what you get, then you really can't go wrong with looking forward to getting your product.

Last edited:
We should ALL OF US "CANCEL" ALL the helmet orders from MR, untill they can assure us that EVERY single helmet they send out is in perfect condition...

Guys, I think this is insane... we pay from $400 to $1500 in helmets, and now we are all fearfull to recieved a bad quality helmet ...

WTF men, they MUST guaratte that everything is perfect, no time for excuses, no time to read something like: "it´s is done in Thailand". I dont care where they are done, that is their problem, not us...

I really dont know how MASTER REPLICAS sell this kind of helmets

Now I recieve an email from 1 of my dealers, telling me this:

I just got this information from Master Replicas the day after I shipped your helmets, please contact me after you have opened your helmet and inspected if either the Certificate or Plaque is missing. I was not aware of this before these shipped so I was not able to inspect them before they left. I believe yours have already been checked, I think they have been stamped to confirm but be sure to let me know. Here is the copy from Master Replicas.

It has come to our attention that some of the Special Ops Helmets may have been shipped from the factory without the COA or Display Plaque.  While we presently feel as though that this is primarily limited to a small batch of these, we would ask that retailers open and verify the contents of all the Special Ops Helmets you receive, prior to shipping them out to your customers.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you or your customers. "Master Replicas"

So what??? they dont know what they do ?? send some helmets without the COA or Plaque ???

Instead of MASTER REPLICAS they must be called as... APPRENTICE REPLICAS...

I ordered 3 clone helmets, and was going to order the Vader as well, but NOW I can assure you I wont order it by any reason ...

Edit: spelling

I suggest that before we all go off half-****** and prejudge what we are getting, to wait and see if ours is better. My helmet hasn't arrived...I'm not going to make a knee-jerk reaction until I get my MR Vader, check it out, and see if it meets my standards. If it does, then I'll be glad I didn't get overly upset and cancel out. If it does NOT meet my standards, then I invoke the "guarantee clause."

Last edited:
Originally posted by msmjr2003@Jan 26 2006, 04:56 AM
I don't believe that every person that got their helmet has hated it or had damage. 
My Star Corps helmet arrived in perfect condition. I'm sure not going to cancel the Special Ops or Shock Troop buckets because of the possibility that they may be defective.

I agree with you: wait for the helmets to arrive, THEN make a decision. :thumbsup

well i can tell you this...looking at those pictures in the first few post, id be interested in seeing others that come in...i too had one one order, but had recently cancelled it as i opted to go with a ROTS reveal w/neckbrace from ebayer portumac...the helmt i ordered and received is mint and it looks exactly like the photos i took of the actual reveal helmet that was on display at the museum of science. i can tell you that im glad i did what i did now. i only paid 850 for the helmet which included free shipping and the neckbrace which goes for over 250 normally.

i am very disappointed in that type of product coming form MR and wonder if it is an isolated incident...any chance that your box was opened by the retailer and they fixed it after screwing it up? just a thought. if it is MR's problem and it comes to be status quo on these helmets, i will never again even think of spending that kind of cash for one of them. fan made ones may cost similar..but it seems we take more pride in our quality...

Originally posted by BingoBongo275+Jan 25 2006, 01:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BingoBongo275 @ Jan 25 2006, 01:15 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-jedeyenight
@Jan 25 2006, 05:01 PM
That really bugs me, they told me I needed to write an Email to ocasas@mastereplicas.com
They said they could not help me with this over the phone?
[snapback]1167768[/snapback]​

Did they say whether you're expected to pay for the return shipping costs or whether it will be a "free post" type arrangement?

Cheers

Jez
[snapback]1167781[/snapback]​
[/b]

Hi Jez, no they assured me that the shipping to/from Canada is covered under their Fedex account, so urs from/to England should be the same if u have a problem (I'm ASSuming). My fingers are crossed for everyone else.

I'd like everyone to know that this is my first MR piece other than FX's, & I'll reiterate that I hope this is localized. So far they have been very attentive, I'm sure they will come thru for me or anyone else for that matter

I don't know what their profit margin must be on the lids (both DV & CT) but I'm sure biting the ticket on shipping this box (& again, this is a big box) back 2X has easily got to be their profit, or possibly a loss.

I'm more than willing to stick this out w/ them - other than the problems (lol) the helmet WAS AWESOME. & I admire anyone who has the brass to get a LFL license & try to bring something of this heft to market.

Hey FP - Chris, it was lid #174.

-Rod

i think the worst thing about this isnt that your helmets are damaged (they will get replaced, MR has been very good to me and friends) i think the real prob is going to be the delay that will most deffinately happen for all upcomming products. :(

it may be a year or 2 before we even see the fett or TK, i for one am very curious...

(at least witht the boba scratches wouldnt be a prob. :p )

....no they assured me that the shipping to/from Canada is covered under their Fedex account....

That's good to know...still brokerage/Customs refund hassles to deal with tho....

As far as the quality issues, I'm reserving judgement until I get mine as I do love all of my other MR stuff....but I gotta say that my confidence has definitely been shaken with the Vader and Clone lid screw ups...

Hopefully, these turn out to be isolated occurrences....we'll see.....

Guys,

That's terrible... I've gotten a few things from MR that were great, and a few that had to be returned. Always have had good service with them.

However, if my Vader comes to me in that condition, I'm gonna be mad..... Let's hope that this is an extremely rare occurance. The best of luck with getting it replaced with a good one..

Later,
JC

For $899 plus tax and shipping, it really shouldn't be hit-or-miss. This was not knee-jerk. It came after watching some of the MR products have more delays and more problems over the past few months. Seeing the pictures was just the final straw. I will gladly give MR my money again once they get back on track. For the price I really shouldn't ever even have to consider the fact that I may have to go through the hassle of sending it back.

Sorry to hear about your problems, can i just ask, is there a problem with the lower mouth grill being chipped or filed incorrectly, it doesn't look right?

Originally posted by Darth Domain@Jan 25 2006, 06:39 PM
Sorry to hear about your problems, can i just ask, is there a problem with the lower mouth grill being chipped or filed incorrectly, it doesn't look right?
[snapback]1168124[/snapback]​

wow... yeah, guess he didnt notice amongst all the other probs. :(

man, i hate this, and im sure MR CS will too.

Agreed.

What is really disturbing is that some of the defects were "painted over". I mean, they knew about some of these problems before shipping. What kind of QC is that?? :rolleyes

That is pretty bad IMO, seeing as the helmets cost a premium. You shouldnt worry about getting a satisfactory piece out of the lot. I've had my problems getting working FXs and finally gave up.

When I get my helmet in I plan to give a thorough inspection. Any defects and I will gladly return it on their dime...

One other thing I dont understand: the inconsistences of the helmets. I thought MR had scanned the original pieces and/or gotten the clone helm computer designs for these new helmets? If that is true how can some be smaller/different than the screen used versions? Is this a case of bad manufacturing ala "Measure it with a micrometer, mark it with chalk, cut it with an axe"?

Originally posted by hyperdyne@Jan 25 2006, 03:44 PM
Is this a case of bad manufacturing ala "Measure it with a micrometer, mark it with chalk, cut it with an axe"?
[snapback]1168132[/snapback]​

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I almost wet myself :lol

Well , I had planned on getting a plain Clone helmet and Vader, but after hearing all these problems, I'll just forget it and get a fan made replica instead.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back