Gorilla Ver 1 Bio Concept

made007

Sr Member
First the armature, cheap:
IMG_1739.jpg

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1742.jpg

Then chavant nsp medium tan color, heated in the microwave( thanks to darth pinhead for that) then started to put on the armature little by little:
IMG_1746.jpg

IMG_1745.jpg

IMG_1744.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

the concept, i have to draw more anlges to help with the sculpt,maybe modify it a little:
IMG_1730.jpg

tell me what you think, its my 1st sculpt so...... its not perfect

Thats a great start man, can really see them details reflected from your design. Keep up the good work.

I use chavant medium for my sculpts. I found that the clay lost its heat quickly after heating the the microwave so I heat mine in 'CROCK-POT'. You can choose from different heat settings on it so you can heat up the clay quickly or slowly. Also, it helps keep the clay warm when its not in use. This way you don't have to keep reheating the lay ever 10 mins lol

Nice concept and work! I like the idea that many predators are named after animals, boar, snake, ram... gorilla. Where did you find the armature?

Another greyback?....That is just awesome.

i really like the last shot of it..just like that,... it's got a hammered and beat look to it.

AM

Thats a great start man, can really see them details reflected from your design. Keep up the good work.

I use chavant medium for my sculpts. I found that the clay lost its heat quickly after heating the the microwave so I heat mine in 'CROCK-POT'. You can choose from different heat settings on it so you can heat up the clay quickly or slowly. Also, it helps keep the clay warm when its not in use. This way you don't have to keep reheating the lay ever 10 mins lol

yeah it looses he heat quickly, but idk what a croc pot is, or maybe i know but my english is very limited and sometimes iget a little lost, the armature was made from fiberglass and bondo, and black automotive primer

Thanks, idont know if its ok to call it gorilla bio, or silverback bio, what you guys think?
i have to order more ribbon tools and rakes, but in the mean time i made some myself with a wood dowel and brass wire:
IMG_1750.jpg

IMG_1751.jpg

and this i got off ebay, and more on the way:
IMG_1748.jpg

IMG_1749.jpg

Your armature is great! And that's a really cool concept.
I'm also a big fan of the crockpot. Mine is ugly as hell but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Looking really good so far man, keep it up!

Yeah, a crock pot is a great idea, too. Here's what you need to find on the cheap. I always seem to see one when I go thrift store or garage sale hunting with the wife: http://www.ebay.com/...-All-Categories

I believe George just sits his in a pan with one of those reptile heat lamps on it, so that's another option.

Unique design brother. Really digging it. Keep the pics coming!

thanks for the link, i work at walmart so ill take a look in the houseware department :)

Your armature is great! And that's a really cool concept.
I'm also a big fan of the crockpot. Mine is ugly as hell but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Looking really good so far man, keep it up!

thanks , mind posting some pics of your crockpot......i put the clay there without doing anything special?
try looking up wax carving tools as well. i find i use them more then the tools you have in the last two pics.

http://www.google.co...1l0.1.2.5-1l4l0

yeah i saw those as well, but i want the ribbon ones first, and the cutting wire for the clay, then ill order other tools like those

Looking good bud, I would defiantly go with the name Silverback - has more of a flow and ring to it lol

This is moving along quickly and smoothly, nice work, keep it up

Hey, hey... looking good man. Really dig that armature.

I will be following this topic with the utmost interest. I love seeing work come together and this is definitely one that catches my eye. The idea of a Bio designed to look like a Gorilla is just off the wall insanity, lol. Plus... I may get some ideas on how to approach sculpting a bio.

Hey, hey... looking good man. Really dig that armature.

I will be following this topic with the utmost interest. I love seeing work come together and this is definitely one that catches my eye. The idea of a Bio designed to look like a Gorilla is just off the wall insanity, lol. Plus... I may get some ideas on how to approach sculpting a bio.

if you know how to draw, then you know how to sculpt

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back