Gorilla Ver 1 Bio Concept

coming on leaps and bounds, going to be a really aggresive looking bio when done, ( which is always a good thing )

keep up the progress shots :)

i ordered theeese to add some detail on the side area, it looks too clean:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180554670581?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

and maybe this too:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110814504182?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

yesterday arrived another set of tools, 2 more to come and im done with the tools :)

the good thing i found, is that when i cast this one, it can take more air inside with the fans, because you can open the 2 holes on the nose area, and attach the fans from the inside, in my celtic bio i had to put them inside with some little intakes it takes air but not much cause i didnt want to do holes in the bio or other stuff that coul damaged it

im going to be honest when i looked at the name of this post i said " ***** a gorilla bio! " i stand corrected, this bio is bleeping awesome!

jose, i would not add too many greeblies. sometimes less is more. but that being said i reserve the right to change my mind once i see them on it. :)

i wouldn't put gears on it without thinking about what function they serve. In steampunk stuff, i hate seeing gears, tubes and what not added to things just to make it look "steampunk". some people just add **** without thinking about how it would function.
ok my rant is over. looking forward to the next pic!

jose, i would not add too many greeblies. sometimes less is more. but that being said i reserve the right to change my mind once i see them on it. :)

i wouldn't put gears on it without thinking about what function they serve. In steampunk stuff, i hate seeing gears, tubes and what not added to things just to make it look "steampunk". some people just add **** without thinking about how it would function.
ok my rant is over. looking forward to the next pic!

I would thoroughly agree with Daman's comments. I can not STAND senseless design (Of course I have a design background, so go figure). Honestly, I really dug the concept of just a gorilla sculpt as a bio; I think by adding all the greebles, you are actually taking away from the clean look you initially began. Bios don't need to have a bunch of greebles cluttering up the outside, simply for the sake of looking hi-tech or to add detail. Simply look at a P1 stunt and you will see, only that which is needed is applied. Even the Celtic Bio, with all it's detailing, is simply keeping to the theme of the look. Adding to the bio can be done with other detailing that picks up the characteristics of the theme; simply put, I just don't see the inclusion of the hoses as part of a gorilla theme. Honestly, I think you are well on your way with this sculpt!

Now, with all that, it is understood that this is YOUR DESIGN, so do with it as you wish and realize we are merely throwing in our two cents to better help you think about your design; not to dictate it. If you see this piece evolving into a greater theme, then certainly look at adding the Greebles. If you have other inspiration that is leading you into a different design, then absolutely, go for it. Regardless, it is your design and the opinions of both Daman and I are moot and intended as nothing more than a positive criticism to help you think about your design direction. Looking forward to seeing how this piece evolves, brother!

I agree with the guys above on greebles taking something away from the bios look and feel, but as they said it is your baby.

Maybe adding some scars or surface damage, would retain the look and feel.

either way we shall be watching :)

Amazing work on everything so far Jose! Like Lee and Brad have already said - I think the Bio will be awesome as it is. Adding stuff on may clutter or just make it look out of place. What we are saying is that it looks pretty stellar as it is!!

Well about the greebles its not going to have too much i ordered them to see how it looks, but its not sure that them will go to the bio, im gonna try them and see how it looks :), thanks for your comments

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back