GOOD LORD...I Just watched the Star Wars Holiday Special for the first time

howlingwind13

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have no idea why I have never seen this. Heard it was bad. But never really knew anything about it other than there was a bad boba fett cartoon. Heck I didn't even know it was live action and had some of the actual cast. So I pretty much just stayed away.

That is until this morning.

I ... well... ummm... errr...ahhhh.... have no words I can use right now without getting banned from the forum.

I will say this if any of you have never seen it. There are things in this world you can't unsee. So if you are thinking of watching it...my advice is DON'T. Not even as a joke...not even to see how bad it is...not even to make fun of it...because there is no fun here.

For the majority of you who have seen it...I'm one of you now. I feel your pain.
I make it a habit to watch really bad movies now and then....but this...WOW.
Wish someone would have stopped me.

mike

When a man's sat down to watch the Holiday Special, he's given a pistol with a single shot. After he's done watching that show, that pistol starts to look real friendly.

That's he one good decision he's made lol. I remember this thing selling like mad as a bootleg at the Pittsburgh Comicon back in the mid 90s along with the Roger Coreman Fantasic Four movie.

"Bad Boba Fett cartoon?" That was the best part! When Han Solo woke up and started talking, my brother and I rolled with laughter. (I know, because I taped it on my trusty cassette recorder.) I'd say they hit their target audience (13 year old boys) pretty effectively.

With some very notable exceptions, this is pretty much what it was like watching TV in the 70s. It was a decade without taste.

Some friends and I got together a while back to watch it for old time's sake (we'd all seen it when it first broadcast.)

It got to a point where we were fast forwarding TO the commercials...

You fools! This horror should have been left alone.

I watched this when it first aired.

Like the Necronomicon it should have been forgotten.

Lol.

I'll just say that whoever thought having half the show in Wookie without translation was a good idea should have been shot.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Letting the network turn it into a comedy-variety show was an absolutely horrid decision. My fourteen year old self looked forward to this show for weeks and when it aired......:cry

Seriously every one of the comments is so funny, so true and so sad!
Gun, necronomicon, wretched, and wookie language...WTF,

And when Han woke up was hilarious...looked like a junky waking up from an overdose...
You guys are making me feel a little better.
BUT I still might want to stab my inner ear with a foot long screwdriver.

Seriously every one of the comments is so funny, so true and so sad!
Gun, necronomicon, wretched, and wookie language...WTF,

And when Han woke up was hilarious...looked like a junky waking up from an overdose...
You guys are making me feel a little better.
BUT I still might want to stab my inner ear with a foot long screwdriver.

That's a long ear canal you have there buddy :lol

I'm 36 and have never seen it. I tried to find a copy for a while, but the ones I found, like 16 years ago, were asking way too much for a copy.

The only variety shows i really liked (mind you i wasn't around for the original showings) was Carol Burnett in the 70s. I tried finding the holiday special on youtube but they had the audio removed.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back