VIDEO: Merry Christmas! Happy Life Day! Here's the Star Wars Holiday Special at 5K, 60 FPS

blewis17

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The Christmas gift that nobody asked for. Christian Simpson (aka PeriFractic), SW actor, voice artist, and owner of a hero Darth Maul TPM saber, recently upscaled The Holiday Special for our dubious enjoyment. Still can't polish a turd, but it's probably one of the best looking versions of the special.

So enjoy! (or not, YMMV)

ADDENDUM

As you may note, the lengthy conversion is STILL not complete. Below is the link to the Nelvana studios/ Boba Fett cartoon that was not included in the upscaled conversion above.

Last edited:
Wow.

Still prob won’t watch… but wow

I’ve seen the doc, “a disturbance in the force” and I watch the Redlettermedia discussion every year (both parts)…

But I can’t.

Maybe

The Christmas gift that nobody asked for. Christian Simpson (aka PeriFractic), SW actor, voice artist, and owner of a hero Darth Maul TPM saber, recently upscaled The Holiday Special for our dubious enjoyment. Still can't polish a turd, but it's probably one of the best looking versions of the special.

So enjoy! (or not, YMMV)

My Eyes Omg GIF by shremps

My eyes!! My eyes!!!!

I'm glad that it's upscaled for "posterity sake," but to omit segments, is it even the Holiday Special if it's not complete? They cut out the cartoon and Jefferson Starship; the second best musical interlude of the whole thing!

I'm glad that it's upscaled for "posterity sake," but to omit segments, is it even the Holiday Special if it's not complete? They cut out the cartoon and Jefferson Starship; the second best musical interlude of the whole thing!

I'm wondering if Christian didn't have decent quality on some of those clips to "upscale"

And the Boba Fett cartoon was released as a special feature on the Blu-ray set.

star wars beer GIF

I am opposed to increasing the scale and framerate of media beyond what it was originally created at.

With film, a new scan brings out information that's always been there that was captured at the time. With video, the original resolution is all there is. Upscaling just adds "made up" data, invented by the software. It's smoke and mirrors. Let 480i be what it is.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back