GoldenArmor.com = Chaucer44 (banned recaster)

Somebody here ordered an owl or some such thing from them fairly recently, and only had good things to say about GA. Some other dude has a run of some rifle (you see that I'm very, very interested in going back for details :rolleyes) that he's having produced by GA.

(rant)

I will never, ever understand why people still feel the need to thumb their nose at the collective experience of this group and do business with Cris. If they don't want to listen to *us*, then the pictures posted here should speak for themselves. He's a ****ing dirtbag, period. He wasn't banned from here because someone didn't like him...he was banned because EVERYONE didn't like him, his terrible business practices, and most of all his ****tastic casts.

(/rant)

This is a necro thread that I 110% approve of.

Slight tangent here, but who would the RPF members recommend to go look at for resin replicas and the like? I don't have anything particular in mind but would like to see what's available for presents and the like when finances aren't so strained...

Already checked out Propstore of London...I spent a good full day drooling over their items and wishing for a spare couple of million to spend....

Ursus, it depends on what you're looking for.

Buying from someone with inferior quality because he's cheap is not the way to go. For me, the amount of hours and tools, tool bits, sandpaper, materials, etc. cost me hundreds to salvage something that I should have thrown away in the first place. I do value the fact that working with kits like that as helped me develop my skills, but I've spent years, now, on the Golden Armor mask, bringing it to an acceptable level of quality.

You have to determine if you're going to want to put that level of work. In the business world, people determine if it's worth it by figuring out your hourly wage and the estimated time to completion, then ascribing a dollar value to the project.

Food for thought.

IMG_0007.jpg

Very much so. My prop and costume making skills are still very basic at this point in time so for more advanced items I would need to either buy or commission them. Plus I have it in my head to get my dad something special from Trek as his retirement gift :)

I would say that's why I put the question out there - the RPF community ranges in experience and location so between all of us we would have a good idea who to go to for different items...or who to stay the heck away from

Kind of tough to guide you when you don't have anything specific in mind.

When you do just post what and whom you are considering buying from and someone here will steer you right!

Slight tangent here, but who would the RPF members recommend to go look at for resin replicas and the like? I don't have anything particular in mind but would like to see what's available for presents and the like when finances aren't so strained...

Already checked out Propstore of London...I spent a good full day drooling over their items and wishing for a spare couple of million to spend....

Golden Armor... :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol ahhh the memories. I think he's one of the last ones standing from the old days. All the other recasters of his size have crawled back under the rocks they came from. I guess a sucker is born every minute and that's what they're hoping for and still managing to sell crap.

- Jeff

Hi Ursus,

there are various threads on the topic of where to buy things, although we try to keep the main forums free from sales talk of most kind.

Since the main forums aren´t the places for looking into buying items, I´d like to suggest that you wait until you become a general member and then just head over to the Junkyard and see if there is something you like ;)

And listen to Apollo, you must ;)

Regards,
Michael
RPF staff

I am curious if he made his 5E tablets or did he cast someone and who?

pretty sure he did those. they are pretty basic, even that ****nut can't **** it up.............or can he :lol

i foolishly bought a couple of items years ago, the amount of time i have on earth is not long enough to fix those bad casts.

i don't care what price they are, my time is more important to waste on them

and to be honest they are not even cheap anymore

hell he can't even pack items properly.

my last box went something like this.

box = insert cast onto bottom of box

newspapers = place on top of cast, close lid.

idiot!

Sorry for the necrobump, but I was just going to post about the ABC Warrior bust kit I found, decided to search for goldenarmor, and found this thread with a 2011 post date (meaning goldenarmor probably hasn't cleaned up his act).

Guess I'll follow the ABC build threads instead!

Thanks for keeping me from making a mistake!

Sorry for the necrobump, but I was just going to post about the ABC Warrior bust kit I found, decided to search for goldenarmor, and found this thread with a 2011 post date (meaning goldenarmor probably hasn't cleaned up his act).

Guess I'll follow the ABC build threads instead!

Thanks for keeping me from making a mistake!

I found the exact same ABC warrior Bust as soon as i saw who was selling it i quickly moved on in my search

the Silver Bug droid and Boushh he has on his website were originally made for me a few years ago now. I remember...received in the morning post, up on ebay by lunchtime lol... they were worse than the pics. I named them " The Abortions" Live and learn

the sad thing is he actually believes his work is good

he actually believes he is a decent sculptor

check out his you tube videos, hes a complete nut job.

a talentless lier and a thief.

regarding his resin any idea what its actually made from?

3 parts filler 1 part resin?

you can dig your fingernail into it, almost like chalk sometimes.

-z

Ursus, it depends on what you're looking for.

Buying from someone with inferior quality because he's cheap is not the way to go. For me, the amount of hours and tools, tool bits, sandpaper, materials, etc. cost me hundreds to salvage something that I should have thrown away in the first place. I do value the fact that working with kits like that as helped me develop my skills, but I've spent years, now, on the Golden Armor mask, bringing it to an acceptable level of quality.

You have to determine if you're going to want to put that level of work. In the business world, people determine if it's worth it by figuring out your hourly wage and the estimated time to completion, then ascribing a dollar value to the project.

Food for thought.

IMG_0007.jpg
Mac, you were the first guy i thought of when i saw the title of this thread!

Rich

The first Vader helmet I bought, way back when, was a GA Don Post CA recast. I thought it was great at the time because I had never seen a full scale Vader helmet before, nor did I know what to expect from a fanmade piece. It came in 2 parcels - the faceplate first then the dome a month or so later. It took a looooong time for anything to arrive.

It took a lot of blood, sweat and tears to get a decent helmet out of it, the inside of the faceplate was a thick, sharp mess of chalk-like resin. But I learned a lot doing it.

In retrospect, it was a very poor cast and the service I received was poor too - but I suppose a lot of newbies are suckered into buying stuff like this as they don't know any better.

My advice would be to stay away and opt for a reputable seller here or elsewhere. There are lots of good, honest propmakers who supply brilliant products, so why opt for something sub-standard?

The first Vader helmet I bought, way back when, was a GA Don Post CA recast. I thought it was great at the time because I had never seen a full scale Vader helmet before, nor did I know what to expect from a fanmade piece. It came in 2 parcels - the faceplate first then the dome a month or so later. It took a looooong time for anything to arrive.

It took a lot of blood, sweat and tears to get a decent helmet out of it, the inside of the faceplate was a thick, sharp mess of chalk-like resin. But I learned a lot doing it.

In retrospect, it was a very poor cast and the service I received was poor too - but I suppose a lot of newbies are suckered into buying stuff like this as they don't know any better.

My advice would be to stay away and opt for a reputable seller here or elsewhere. There are lots of good, honest propmakers who supply brilliant products, so why opt for something sub-standard?

And that is the best advice anyone here can give you, why go any where else when everything you could ever want is available right here

Hi Guys,

Sorry to bring this Thread back up again but I just wanted to say a huge "THANKYOU" to everyone who posted here.
Going off Goldenarmor's website everything looks great, so I contacted Cris and ordered a lifesize finished Mangalore bust.

I then sent about $600 away via Paypal and came across this thread. Immediately I lodged to stop the payment through Paypal which was successful.

After that came a few weeks of trying to get Cris to refund the money...well long storey short Paypal made the decision for me to get the money back.....thankyou Paypal!!!!

During this time Cris became really unco-operative and then tried the guilt trip me by saying that my sale was literally saving his business....another reason not to deal with him. He even tried to give me extra items like an ABC robot lifesize head. Sorry mate 2 crap products dont make up a good one.

Anyway in the end i ended up with the dollars and just wanted to thank everyone here.
Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back