GoldenArmor.com = Chaucer44 (banned recaster)

Wasn't GoldenArmor one of those sites that started out pretty good and then went into the toilet? Or am I remembering things wrong?
Seen it happen with some other sellers before. They had a good name and boom did a 180.

Wasn't GoldenArmor one of those sites that started out pretty good and then went into the toilet? Or am I remembering things wrong?
Seen it happen with some other sellers before. They had a good name and boom did a 180.

lol, no, pretty much was crap from the start!!

Hi Guys,

Sorry to bring this Thread back up again but I just wanted to say a huge "THANKYOU" to everyone who posted here.
Going off Goldenarmor's website everything looks great, so I contacted Cris and ordered a lifesize finished Mangalore bust.

I then sent about $600 away via Paypal and came across this thread. Immediately I lodged to stop the payment through Paypal which was successful.

After that came a few weeks of trying to get Cris to refund the money...well long storey short Paypal made the decision for me to get the money back.....thankyou Paypal!!!!

During this time Cris became really unco-operative and then tried the guilt trip me by saying that my sale was literally saving his business....another reason not to deal with him. He even tried to give me extra items like an ABC robot lifesize head. Sorry mate 2 crap products dont make up a good one.

Anyway in the end i ended up with the dollars and just wanted to thank everyone here.
Thanks guys!

really glad you were able to dodge that bullet, you did the right thing. i know from experience.

you saved your self not only money but a shed load of time that would have been needed to fix these hunks of crap.

-z

He even tried to give me extra items like an ABC robot lifesize head. Sorry mate 2 crap products dont make up a good one.

Anyway in the end i ended up with the dollars and just wanted to thank everyone here.
Thanks guys!

sorry to hijack thread but I am super interested in building a ABC warrior after I finish a couple more projects :) My understanding of that ABC head is that its cast from the original moulds? So even if his casting ability/ materials is poor you going to at least get something that is dimensionally very accurate?

I am dubious about buying from GA but tempted by the potential accuracy of this cast. HELP!

I think when it comes to buying from anyone we know to offer sub-par quality products, you can always do what you like and see for yourself.
It's a shame that his work is known to be so poor - we in this hobby like to have many resources to purchase our prop kits so it really sucks to have people out there that offer realative junk, regardless of selection and price.

Just to add my $.02: I had a completely opposite experience. I bought the ABC Warrior head from Chris back in the summer. It's the re-tooled version with more accurate pieces. I couldn't be happier on the quality of the cast: no bubbles, nice crisp edges, parts fit well. Shipping was fast, and Chris honored the listed price of when I inquired about the piece, rather than the increased price that's currently listed.

I'll be honest here: I read mixed reviews about what GA had to offer. I knew Chris was the only one with an ABC Warrior head, and it is cast from molds purchased from an RPF member some time ago. I got an opinion on the kit listed on the GA site from another RPF member, and they said if the product looked pretty good.

So, when I contacted Chris I asked straight out about his mixed reputation. I figured I've give him a chance to act decent or act like an ass. He acted decent, I bought the kit, I was pleased. Pretty much end of story, except I need to post pics of the kit for you to see (it's in storage at the moment - next trip over I'll bring it back and take some snaps).

All I can say is, your mileage may vary.

If six hundred bucks is saving his business, then he shouldn't BE in business. Can I get an AMEN?

I wouldn't order anything from someone who was knowingly teetering on the brink of financial extinction.

Good...let him pass. Just thinning the herd.

He is a HUGE recaster and he has the crappiest resin in the industry.

I have worked on a couple of his pieces. I believe the composite formula is:

Resin 10% (Unless the rent is due, and then that drops to 5%).

Toilet paper...90% (proportion variable...see above)

It is akin to papier mache.

Crappy, talentless, hack recaster who uses the WORST material in the industry. He needs to go get ANOTHER JOB.

I hope he reads this!

sorry to hijack thread but I am super interested in building a ABC warrior after I finish a couple more projects :) My understanding of that ABC head is that its cast from the original moulds? So even if his casting ability/ materials is poor you going to at least get something that is dimensionally very accurate?

I am dubious about buying from GA but tempted by the potential accuracy of this cast. HELP!
This is a good way to become ostracized with all due swiftness. Not a soul here will help you if you decide to throw money his way. Lots of luck, friend.

:lol No offense but what part of STAY AWAY do you not understand! :lol

My understanding of that ABC head is that its cast from the original moulds? So even if his casting ability/ materials is poor you going to at least get something that is dimensionally very accurate?

Nice, Putting money in the pocket of someone who re-casts, but hey it's alright the piece was good right?

I hope it was worth it because I know you have made the blacklist of some sellers here :unsure

Just to add my $.02: I had a completely opposite experience. I bought the ABC Warrior head from Chris back in the summer. It's the re-tooled version with more accurate pieces. I couldn't be happier on the quality of the cast: no bubbles, nice crisp edges, parts fit well. Shipping was fast, and Chris honored the listed price of when I inquired about the piece, rather than the increased price that's currently listed.

I'll be honest here: I read mixed reviews about what GA had to offer. I knew Chris was the only one with an ABC Warrior head, and it is cast from molds purchased from an RPF member some time ago. I got an opinion on the kit listed on the GA site from another RPF member, and they said if the product looked pretty good.

So, when I contacted Chris I asked straight out about his mixed reputation. I figured I've give him a chance to act decent or act like an ass. He acted decent, I bought the kit, I was pleased. Pretty much end of story, except I need to post pics of the kit for you to see (it's in storage at the moment - next trip over I'll bring it back and take some snaps).

All I can say is, your mileage may vary.

This is a good way to become ostracized with all due swiftness. Not a soul here will help you if you decide to throw money his way. Lots of luck, friend.

thanks for the advice Qui-Gonzalez, it's damned shame there's people out there who did this sort of stuff.
and yep Apollo I am hearing you loud and clear :) Sigh back to the scratch build then :behave

Wow I glad I came to this thread I was about to go threw that place and order a head. Can you point me in the direction of a vender that has these? I don't and won't support a thief. Since I'm a graphic artist I deal with it too. Thanks

Wow I glad I came to this thread I was about to go threw that place and order a head. Can you point me in the direction of a vender that has these? I don't and won't support a thief. Since I'm a graphic artist I deal with it too. Thanks

Hey Kustom if you mean an ABC head there are a few fan made ones at different stages of completion. Some of them might be moulded and cast up but at this stage as far as I'm aware you'd have to make your own....good luck!

I don't think GA was ever good. Sure, small photos and glossy paint can trick just about anyone who isn't well studied in props and is eager to get a prop collection going.

The stuff may be more affordable, but horrible workmanship and materials -- plus the horrific level of cleanup -- just doesn't make it worth it.

Usually, if there is enough demand for a certain prop where people would be willing to hold out and not buy from a recaster, a fan will put up an interest thread to commission someone to do a scratchbuild, and more than often that scratchbuild will be of superior quality and accuracy than what GA has done in the past.

Hey Mac I am just reading your vader thread now! wow dude that is alot of work. You've done an amazing job from such a rough start!

Yes a fan made ABC head would be great...I wish I could get my hands on GA ABC head mould!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back