Gizmo from the My science project movie

Props69

Ok ok I'll be the one to do it this time. Any new info on this project? This is one I would love to build to so if anyone has anything new I think we would love to hear it.

Darrenrx3

I actually have the original drawings and production blueprints of the Gizmo ( called the Orb on the blueprints) obtained from the builders of it Grant McCune Design

Apollo

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
do you know what happned to the prop, did GMD keep it after Production?

I actually have the original drawings and production blueprints of the Gizmo ( called the Orb on the blueprints) obtained from the builders of it Grant McCune Design

Odin82

From Invaluable:

H5574-L91874288.jpg

Darrenrx3

From all the info we could find, the original Gizmo ( Orb ) was damaged years later in storage and then thrown out.

Yes Odin82 those are the drawings/blueprints . I think they are just as impressive as the Gizmo itself especially the details in the drawings.

We are going to convert the drawings into a CNC program and run one of in billet alloy most likely in 6 pieces which would bolt together ( I own a vehicle restoration/customizing business and a lot of our parts are cnc billet so that's the easy choice for us).

Darrenrx3

The Prop will live again ( functioning Timewarp maybe not )

I was going through the original blueprints this morning so I thought I would put up some pics, It looks like the scale of the drawings are 1.1 full size ( big drawings) and as I mentioned before the detailing of the gold etching and patterns on it are amazing . ( details don't come up very well in pics )

They list out
- gold etch areas
- fibre optic lights
- the pull out arm mechs
- rotating top panel
- the tesla light/plasma globe

We will list up some build pics/progress as we go. new phone 073.jpg new phone 072.jpg new phone 074.jpg

Montagar

Legendary Member
Community Staff
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just a friendly reminder, this is not an interest or sales thread (as those belong in the Classifieds Forums) so please do not make interest or sales related posts. Thanks. :)

EmmaInCandyland

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just a friendly reminder, this is not an interest or sales thread (as those belong in the Classifieds Forums) so please do not make interest or sales related posts. Thanks. :)

Is that why my comment was deleted? I just said I'd love to have a gizmo, I never asked someone to sell or make me one. Just to make this clear..

Apollo

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
:lol As usual love your Avatar and Sig photo, been running that film for all that missed it! :lol

Montagar

Legendary Member
Community Staff
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Is that why my comment was deleted? I just said I'd love to have a gizmo, I never asked someone to sell or make me one. Just to make this clear..
Yours just got caught up in the removal of the "I'll take one" type posts. ;)

:lol As usual love your Avatar and Sig photo, been running that film for all that missed it! :lol
Definitely a good flick that slipped under the radar... problem is, since my avatar/banner changes daily, people are really going to wonder what we are talking about when the Monsters Inc. or Iron Man combo is up. :)

Props69

Following with interest, I've always wanted one, any chance better hi res pictures can be posted? They would be very much appreciated?

MrSouthpaw

Sr Member
One of my favorite movies as a kid. I would not mind seeing more on this thing.

Another prop from this movie that I always remembered is the light-up middle-finger that pops out of the trunk.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.